Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Oct 10, 2023

A soft reboot to the Forza Motorsport series.

Your thoughts on the trailer being shown via Developer_Direct, presented by Xbox & Bethesda?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear motorsport fans

Here we go, Turn 10 has showcased their latest trailer so we like to show our personal thoughts on this trailer of the coming up Simcade circuit racing game.

So what I like about it:

• Very eye-candy graphics with ray tracing plus improved over its predecessor (Forza Motorsport 7).
    • Improved audio.
    • Visual and performance car customizations.
    • The return of the legendary Toyota GT-One (1999 LMGTP class race car).
    • Some new tracks added to the roster.
    • New cars like Porsche Mission R are being added to the roster.

The flaws:

• They were only demonstrating using the controller pad instead of the racing wheel peripheral while never mentioned about the handling model improvement over its predecessor (Forza Motorsport 7), oh well, it's going to be a Simcade racing game just like Gran Turismo 7 plus they're meant to be optimized for controller pad and racing wheel peripheral.
    • Only showed up 2 seconds of the cockpit view from 5:38 to 5:40, hopefully, the next trailer will show up more cockpit view.
    • The exact release date is still not yet confirmed.

Here is the link to Traxion's article for more details:

The new Forza Motorsport will launch with over 500 cars, sometime this year | Traxion

Side note: Overall, this and Gran Turismo 7 are both the best-looking eye-candy Simcade circuit racing games in this generation in my personal opinion.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My #1 takeaway is that it's targeting 4k/60fps with some ray tracing. I'm excited to finally see the real capabilities of the XSX.

As for the game, I think they just showed more Forza. We already knew it'd look good, but I also wish there was longer gameplay sequences as opposed to this constant sizzle reel/talking heads. Like you mentioned too, there was barely any cockpit view or discussion on how the driving improved over 7.

Still very excited for it, but no release date despite a previous Spring 2023 announcement has me concerned this is getting pushed back to Fall.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game looks fantastic I think the raytracing will have some caveats but they didn't really say anything other than better looking and sounding cars.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gtxforza

@noboners: I agree that this game is going to look so good for the Xbox Series X and PC, but I wonder what will Xbox Series S version going to be like.

Yeah, in Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo series, I always prefer to play in 1st person cockpit view while I use racing wheel peripheral with force feedback, so I can feel the realism plus more accuracy when it comes to lap timing, oh not to mention that I hope the online mode will improve by having a proper penalty system to punish the cheaters such as rammers, track cutters, etc.

Meanwhile, in the Forza Horizon series and Driveclub, I only play on 3rd person/rear chase view with controller pad because they're more arcade in terms of gameplay plus faster pace, which I cannot play with the racing wheel peripheral well.

@thepanzini: I totally agree with you, we'll stay tuned for the next trailer for this game.

Edit: I'm still hoping this game's handling model/physics will be improved but there is no doubt on Forza Motorsport Reboot and Gran Turismo 7 are both not going to be as realistic as iRacing, Automobilista 2, Assetto Corsa Competizione, rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom in terms of handling model/physics, plus Simbin's GTR 2 (2006 game) is still more realistic than all generations of Simcades in terms of handling model/physics.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's clear they haven't come up with anything new and exciting.

Now hey wait listen what can you do to innovate in a sim racing game? I don't know, but racing games have looked and sounded amazing for a long time so my reaction to things like "paint thickness" is always going to be tepid, and 5 new tracks is not a great number.

I've brought it up loads of times before but i'm mainly looking for improvements over Forza 7 like including a brightness slider, having menus that don't suck, getting mtx under control, having an interesting career mode, maybe making multiplayer more inviting, and i won't know if they've done any of those things until the game comes out.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gtxforza
    @cikame said:

It's clear they haven't come up with anything new and exciting.

Now hey wait listen what can you do to innovate in a sim racing game? I don't know, but racing games have looked and sounded amazing for a long time so my reaction to things like "paint thickness" is always going to be tepid, and 5 new tracks is not a great number.

I've brought it up loads of times before but I'm mainly looking for improvements over Forza 7 like including a brightness slider, having menus that don't suck, getting mtx under control, having an interesting career mode, maybe making multiplayer more inviting, and I won't know if they've done any of those things until the game comes out.

I totally agree with your wishlist, it will be great to have a good soundtrack and career mode, plus I'm going to avoid microtransactions as I'd rather grind in this game and Gran Turismo 7.

In my opinion, Forza Motorsport 3, 4 & 5 have the best menu soundtracks in the whole series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.