Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

From Other Suns

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Nov 14, 2017

A cooperative space adventure game for the Oculus touch.

Do you like FTL? Well this is FTL in VR!

Tacoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tacoor

"From other suns" is a FTL like game where you have to get to Earth before the hostile forces gets there. (It's practically FTL, but you and your friends play a crew member on the ship.)

On the way you will encounter pirates, derelict space ships full of rouge robots, hostile xenomorphs who have taken control of a space station and turned the humans into to host zombies.

Gather scrap and upgrade your ships weapons and systems at a trade outpost.

Micro managing the AI crew, repairing hull breaches and operational systems like tactical, shields, medical, Oxygen and engines. board pirate ships and disable their systems, kill the crew and hack the cargo bay and teleport the loot to your ship.

personal crew weapons come in 4 types : laser, plasma, shock, nanite. these types come in different modes (rapid fire, beam, homing etc)

You can play co-op with up to 3 players. invited or match making. players will take control of the ai crew members. if you die and there is no other human members on board, you will spawn as a robot. However if every human is killed (or the ship blows up) the game ends, and you have to start again.

Please be aware, there is friendly fire in this game (I dont think it can be turned off)

This game is best when you play with others.

At the moment its a full priced game, a bit buggy and only on the oculus store, but there is youtube footage of the game if you want to check it out before you buy

Quality of lets players may vary...

Laethe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I loved what I played of this so far, it was on sale during Oculus' winter sale so I bought it for around £15 but I think it's absolutely worth the £30 it normally costs.

My only real complaint so far is that the shooting doesn't feel as good as it does in most other VR games, but it is perfectly fine for what it is and the variety in guns and accessories you can loot throughout the game partially makes up for it.

I have also had no issues so far with bugs or anything like that, so if anyone's looking for a good VR game where you can play as one of the crew members in FTL and actually take matters into your own hands during missions, I can't recommend it enough.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Ummm, you kinda just sold me in one sentence. Thanks.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It doesn't look much like FTL to me. I mean, it's in space, but otherwise it looks more like a first-person shooter with some ship management. It might be cool, but I can't see it scratching the same itch as FTL.

Also, not a specific dig at this game, but I avoid any paid multi-player VR game. The market is just way too small and littered with dead or as good as dead multiplayer focused games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.