Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FromSoftware, Inc.

Company »

A Japanese publisher and developer known for the Souls, Armored Core, Tenchu, and King's Field franchises.

FromSoftware's Post Dark Souls Project: what should it be?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

This topic was totally taken from another site, but I like this question and would like to hear the ideas of fellow giant bombers. Personally, I think they can make a game with some freaking atmosphere! Did you guys see Anor Londo? That place is beautiful. They should use all the money rolling in from Dark Souls to work on a story driven RPG with a huge scale. I'm not sure if they have the necessary people to get a good story cooking, but some fresh new gameplay mechanics would be great as well. This is like what happened to Atlus with Persona 3 I believe. FromSoftware is breaking out. Though unlike with Atlus, I want them to diverge from the franchise that has given them success, because challenging yourself is nice and all, but a good epic story with characters you become attached to wrapped around excellent gameplay is much better for me.  

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

The next Sonic game...

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By N7

I want them to take us into a new world. Like, the moon for instance.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A good tenchu game, man.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By McShank

Make another Souls Game.. or create another franchise that is similar to the style of the souls in terms of how the leveling system is and the combat is. They make great games and are just breaking into the massive crowd in the US..

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Darker Souls: Demon's Souls III.

In this one, every time your character dies an electric shock will be administered to the player, via the controller. If the game detects that the player hasn't been shocked, either by putting down the controller or wearing gloves, it immediately deletes the save game.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@xobballox said:

A good tenchu game, man.

This for sure. I would love a great Tenchu game. Sadly that will never happen.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By maskedarcstrike

@H2Oyea said:

This topic was totally taken from another site, but I like this question and would like to hear the ideas of fellow giant bombers. Personally, I think they can make a game with some freaking atmosphere! Did you guys see Anor Londo? That place is beautiful. They should use all the money rolling in from Dark Souls to work on a story driven RPG with a huge scale. I'm not sure if they have the necessary people to get a good story cooking, but some fresh new gameplay mechanics would be great as well. This is like what happened to Atlus with Persona 3 I believe. FromSoftware is breaking out. Though unlike with Atlus, I want them to diverge from the franchise that has given them success, because challenging yourself is nice and all, but a good epic story with characters you become attached to wrapped around excellent gameplay is much better for me.

They already are working on another title......... It's called Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor, there's a new trailer on it on gb............

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By EchoEcho

I think they should take all their Souls money and make the biggest, best Armored Core game in the history of ever. But that's just me.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By MEATBALL
    Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aegon
    @maskedarcstrike: That;s a Kinect game. Atlus works on a lot of shit at the same time as well, but they still have a main project they're working on. What should their next main project be?
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@xobballox said:

A good tenchu game, man.

You gotta believe, man. I would take a mediocre Tenchu game, honestly. I fucking still loved the shit out of Tenchu Z.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By willin

Easy Souls.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@xobballox said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@xobballox said:

A good tenchu game, man.

You gotta believe, man. I would take a mediocre Tenchu game, honestly. I fucking still loved the shit out of Tenchu Z.

Tenchu Z was great fun despite being a bad game. There is just something inherently fun about being a ninja and sneaking up on fools.

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Devoid

I'd like a sequel to 3D Dot Game Heroes. Maybe side-scroller with an overworld and crazy difficulty..?

Or a portable one for the Vita.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BraveToaster
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@xobballox said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@xobballox said:

A good tenchu game, man.

Tenchu Z was great fun despite being a bad game. There is just something inherently fun about being a ninja and sneaking up on fools.

Yeah. If they incorporated the open world structure of Dark Souls into a bunch of clan camps in Japan that you had to pass through and kill the Shogun in each one, and each got a little more difficult each time -- that would be amazing.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@xobballox said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@xobballox said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@xobballox said:

A good tenchu game, man.

Yeah. If they incorporated the open world structure of Dark Souls into a bunch of clan camps in Japan that you had to pass through and kill the Shogun in each one, and each got a little more difficult each time -- that would be amazing.

It really would be amazing. I'm kinda bummed this is not a game now.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@xobballox said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@xobballox said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@xobballox said:

A good tenchu game, man.

It really would be amazing. I'm kinda bummed this is not a game now.

Me too :(

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By McGhee

I agree. I would be interested in seeing them mix more story elements with towns and more NPCs but still keep the dark atmosphere. I also think they wouldn't hurt themselves by making a "casual mode" that keeps all of the style and difficulty of the gameplay, but has checkpoints and the ability to hard save and reload without all the one-save-one-chance stuff. I get so nervous about accidentally attacking an npc that I turn my back on them when I talk.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Commisar123

It should be a game about like a battalion, but made of steel. Oh, and it should combine kinect and an xbox controller.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By TobbRobb

@xobballox said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@xobballox said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@xobballox said:

A good tenchu game, man.

DUDE! FUCKING YES!

That would be awesome beyond belief.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By MEATBALL
    @Axxol said:

@MEATBALL said:

Enchanted Arms 2, of course.

Ugh, I hope not.

Just try and tell me you wouldn't be totally pumped for Enchanted Arms 2: Chronicles of Makoto!
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

A children's game, for the lulz.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BraveToaster

@MEATBALL said:

@Axxol said:

@MEATBALL said:

Ugh, I hope not.

Just try and tell me you wouldn't be totally pumped for Enchanted Arms 2: Chronicles of Makoto!

Him and his ssssexy ssssaxophone.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Axxol said:

@MEATBALL said:

@Axxol said:

@MEATBALL said:

Ugh, I hope not.

Him and his ssssexy ssssaxophone.

I would totally not be pumped for a sequel to Enchanted Arms.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.