Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Front Mission Evolved

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 28, 2010

Square Enix's turn-based mech-combat game comes to the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 as a 3rd person shooter.

Get off my lawn!!

The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By The_Boots

So I try to keep an open mind when a series tries to do something new: I mean after all my complaining, I admit it: Fallout 3 was OK. Happy now? 
    But I still get irritated when games that I've been waiting for turn out to be an unpleasant surprise. 
    King's Quest as an FPS? Wing Commander as an XBLA arena combat game? X-COM as an FPS (trying to withhold judgement until I can try it... Really I am... *sigh*). Front Mission has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I can't even remember how I ended up with Front Mission 3, but I've played both stories through twice each. Really liked 4, then really liked 1 on the DS. There's something about my wife accusing me of playing what amounts to a doll dressup game for boys (her words: "It looks like a robot shopping sim.") that makes me snicker. 
    And now this. 
    Look, I'm not saying that games can't change to appeal to a commercially viable audience, but can't I keep ONE franchise the way I remembered it? Can't we leave ONE good old franchise as a non-shooter?! What's next? Tetris FPS? Action RPG Lufia? ...wait, really? SON OF A BITCH!
    You can have your 3rd person shooter with the words "Front Mission" on the box, but darnit, I want a *real* Front Mission!! A turn-based strategy one! And some prune juice!!! 
    ...damn kids.

philsmith007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By philsmith007

Final Fantasy Tactics is cool
    The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Boots

True, but it didn't replace the series completely. It was out in the midst of what a lot of people would consider the high point in the main FF series.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

King's Quest as an FPS?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.