User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DirtyBirdy
    SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can't wait to see impressions for the game I cannot stop reading as being about furries!

DirtyBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game could only be made better if it were "Full Metal Furries: Ultimate Animal Mech Dating Sim."

@sethmode said:

I can't wait to see impressions for the game I cannot stop reading as being about furries!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@sethmode said:

Don't worry, I'm sure there are already multiple anime avatars working on fanfic for this game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@mike said:
    @sethmode said:

Don't worry, I'm sure there are already multiple anime avatars working on fanfic for this game.

Uh, anime avatar =/= furry.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: it's no use, dude. "anime avatar" will always be some dumb stereotype in the eyes of a lot of people

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, anyone play it yet? Any reductive comparisons or the like? I am excited to give it a go, but trying to be responsible for once and play through the stuff I already have unless it's absolutely blowing people's doors off

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, the trailer says "with a twist", but I'm not really seeing what unique feature there is to the game from the trailer. Anyone got an explanation ?

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

It's ok. I played it for ~5 hours on Friday. It's a really great concept with a lot of things tuned in not a great way. They put in a lot of skill based abilities and comboing, that works against a really hectic beat-em up formula. For example, the Fighter character has a parry, which is really difficult to pull off with lots of enemies around. Based on message boards, this seems like the key ability to make the Fighter viable. The progression is a little meager too. It more or less feels like I'm putting in points to keep up with the enemies. I don't really feel like I'm getting more powerful. There's equipment to change your play style, but not a ton of it. I was expecting Cellar Door's twist on Castle Crashers, but it's kinda too difficult to make it a social game with friends. If you're into a beat-em-up that requires a little more skill, it's probably up your alley.

SugaSeanzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By SugaSeanzy

I watched Waypoint play it on their twitch and that stream basically cemented the idea that the game isn't for me. The gameplay looks okay but I don't feel like finding other people to play it with and do not think I would enjoy playing it solo. The pixelated characters look so strange compared to the rest of the art. The writing is trying to be funny and constantly fails in its attempts at humor.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@mike said:
    @sethmode said:

I've seen staff and mods mocking anime avatars on the forums since before GOTY deliberations. Is there a hidden issue here that we are not being made aware of?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking_funeral: Anime is dumb?

I watched the Waypoint stream of this game and the humor was a big turn off. Just a bunch of references without much to say.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Is it weird that from what I've seen of this game I think it might have been more interesting if it actually was Full Metal Furries? Did I somehow stealth become a furry. Help.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking_funeral: I don't know about here, but on Twitter, an Anime avatar has become basically become synonymous with at worst the alt right and in general kind of bad faith arguing and contrarian behavior.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OpusOfTheMagnum

What the hell is an anime avatar?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iam16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'm not the only one who read the title as "Full Metal Furries".

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I read it as furries and ignored it.

A friend of mine got a bunch of us into the game and it’s a ton of fun.

The writing is terrible, cringey stuff, but it’s easily skipped. The gameplay and leveling is fresh and really great.

A few random thoughts:

- Every character playing differently feel great, down to how much you need to consider timing and animation priority

- The color-coded shields denoting that only certain players can strip shields of of certain enemies adds to the tension and forces teamwork and communication, great move.

- Unlocking the Party for your basecamp was a nice touch. Face buttons playing notes was a cool thing to discover. I kinda wish it was deeper, holding triggers to mess with cords or change octaves or whatever...

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I've played a couple hours it is really cool. Beat-em ups can be kind of a played out genre that works much better as a coin-guzzling arcade experience but I really like the mix of combat and movement abilities that differentiate the characters. Also the ability to switch between two characters when playing solo and revive a downed character is a nice touch.

I feel like it has kinda been flying under the radar though. I might have missed the release if it wasn't for the fact that my friends at AShellInThePit did the audio. Very short window between announcement and launch. Very suprised that there has been no GB coverage so far considering how much @brad loved Rogue Legacy. Though it is a very different game.

tgjessie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think we'll get a Quick Look of this one? I don't know whether or not I'm interested, and I'm curious what GB thinks of Cellar Door's new game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.