Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Funky Student

Character » appears in 2 games

Funky Student serves as the Riddle Master of Yasogami High School, and is the funkiest of all the students. His mind-slingin' takes work.

Dearest Funky Student,

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Pepsiman

You are the reason I get up everyday. Without your befuddling riddles and psychadelic ways, I simply would have no reason to exist whatsoever. Yet there you are, roaming the same part of those fine Yasogami High School hallways as always, always able to brighten up my dreary life by doing what you do best: being the most psychadelically profound Japanese student ever. You give me the strength to wake up every day and tackle the world, as well as the fortitude to go to bed at night, knowing full well that all of my problems are doable so long as I just keep trying to model my life after yours. Whenever life gets me down, like when I find out my favorite teddie bear is completely hollow on the inside, I just think of you and it's all okay.

So thank you, Funky Student. Thank you for making my life meaningful.
    thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By thordain

Word dawg. This comes straight from da heart.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By vidiot

GROUP A!
    THEY'RE TOP SIX FLAG COLORS!

Words to live by.

Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Civraz

My feelings exactly.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Bulldog19892

Super slap that fly and get jiggy wit it dawg! Drop some mega phat riddles on me Funky Student! Yea-yeyah!!!

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By RedSox8933

where is funky student? i want to see him on this thread, then my life will be complete.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thordain
    RedSox8933 said:
    "where is funky student? i want to see him on this thread, then my life will be complete."
    I think we have a FunkyStudent, we need to get him here.
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pepsiman

I think we need to write an official Funky Student Bible, with Funky Student chapters and Funky Student verses.

I'll start with the first book, Yellow Submarinis.

Chapter 1

In the beginning, there was The Man. The Man had managed to subsist quite successfully off of pension plans and stock options, but nonetheless, their outlook on life was dry. The Almighty Funky Student was not satisfied with this situation and as such spent six days creating different styles of Funk for The Man to enjoy, for without the Funk, The Man would have no reason to continue prospering as a species. On the first day, Funky Student created Disco. On the second day, He created That 70s Show. On the third day, He created construction paper. On the fourth day, He created Volkswagon vans. On the fifth day, He created Yasogami High School. And on the sixth day, He created riddles. Funky Student rested on the seventh day, henceforth known as "Funky Wednesday," for Funky Student deemed Wednesday to be the funkiest day of the week of them all.

Thus, the story of mankind began with Funky Student's intervention.
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedSox8933
    Thordain said:
    "RedSox8933 said:
    "where is funky student? i want to see him on this thread, then my life will be complete."
    I think we have a FunkyStudent, we need to get him here."
    that's who i meant.

Pepsiman said:
    "I think we need to write an official Funky Student Bible, with Funky Student chapters and Funky Student verses.

Chapter 1

In the beginning, there was The Man. The Man had managed to subsist quite successfully off of pension plans and stock options, but nonetheless, their outlook on life was dry. The Almighty Funky Student was not satisfied with this situation and as such spent six days creating different styles of Funk for The Man to enjoy, for without the Funk, The Man would have no reason to continue prospering as a species. On the first day, Funky Student created Disco. On the second day, He created That 70s Show. On the third day, He created construction paper. On the fourth day, He created Volkswagon vans. On the fifth day, He created Yasogami High School. And on the sixth day, He created riddles. Funky Student rested on the seventh day, henceforth known as "Funky Wednesday," for Funky Student deemed Wednesday to be the funkiest day of the week of them all.

"
    keep writing, i will read.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jayge_

Puttin' the funk in the bunk-hole since late '08. Funky Student Cult. Can YOU dig it.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose

Funky Student made me quit drugs. Thank you Funky Student!

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedSox8933
    Pepsiman said:
    "I think we need to write an official Funky Student Bible, with Funky Student chapters and Funky Student verses.

Chapter 1

"

basically, Funky Student is the 2nd incarnation of Christ.
    thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thordain
    Black_Rose said:
    "Funky Student made me quit drugs. Thank you Funky Student!"
    I'm glad he managed to get you to stop taking those diet pills, they were making you crazy.
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pepsiman
    RedSox8933 said:
    "Pepsiman said:

Chapter 1

"
    basically, Funky Student is the 2nd incarnation of Christ."
    Hey now, don't go leaking no spoilers to the official Funky Student Bible. That detracts from the almighty proceeds I need to use in order to write this prolific composition.
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RedSox8933
    Pepsiman said:
    "RedSox8933 said:
    "Pepsiman said:

Chapter 1

"
    basically, Funky Student is the 2nd incarnation of Christ."
    Hey now, don't go leaking no spoilers to the official Funky Student Bible. That detracts from the almighty proceeds I need to use in order to write this prolific composition.
    "
    whoops, sorry.
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pepsiman

Now you'll have to go ask for Funky Student's forgiveness. He is a kind fellow, after all, but He nonetheless knows how deal in Funk-infused retribution, if need be. You should be more careful in the future. You might receive more psychadelic pixie dust than you can handle.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RedSox8933
    Pepsiman said:
    "Now you'll have to go ask for Funky Student's forgiveness. He is a kind fellow, after all, but He nonetheless knows how deal in Funk-infused retribution, if need be. You should be more careful in the future. You might receive more psychadelic pixie dust than you can handle."
    where can i find him, father?
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pepsiman

Yasogami High School. Third floor. In front of the central stairwell. Be there or be Funkily square.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MetalGearSunny

This is the weirdest thread ever.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RedSox8933

i'll begin my journey right away.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Bulldog19892
    Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    "This is the weirdest thread ever."
    This is the greatest thread ever and you will accept it as such.
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RedSox8933
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    "This is the weirdest thread ever."
    This is the greatest thread ever and you will accept it as such."
    or the Almighty will smite you.
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By ZombiePie

If there is a messiah of funky there must also be an anti-funky or Satanic funky, any idea wo he cold possibly be?

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pepsiman

Well, that would be Mr. Morooka, of course. He's the prophecized anti-Funky mentioned in the Book of Funkalations, the final book of the official Funky Student Bible. He'll receive due coverage and discussion when the time is right.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#25  Edited By LordAndrew

This is one of the most ridiculous forum topics on the site. Quite fitting for one of the most ridiculous character pages on the site.

Now we just need pages for Spacy Girl and Errand Boy. Their relationship is the best in the game.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pepsiman

The true test of the strength of an inter-character relationship is how many fanfics the given pair has on, say, fanfiction.net. Maybe Spacy Girl and Errand Boy just have yet to plateau in popularity, but I don't see them being the talk of the town.

Funky Stundent, on the other hand... well, Funky Student has the Funky Student Bible, an official document devoted to all things related to riddles and the Funk, so even if He has no specific fanfics, either, he wins by default thanks to His almighty texts.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By pause422

Funky Student is truly a god among...other students! Yeh-Yeyah!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By jakob187

I'm lost...and confused...

...and that makes me angry.
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RedSox8933
    jakob187 said:
    "I'm lost...and confused...
    "
    then read the Funky Student Bible and learn our ways. Join the cult or leave.
    FunkyStudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FunkyStudent

The anti-funky is mr. morooka, that old honky will try to give you false funk, DO NOT LISTEN TO HIS UNFUNKY WAYS MY CHILDREN. And do not fear the anti-funk for i am here TO BRING YOU THE FUNK!! YEA-YAY!! This has been Funky Student keep'n it real funky here on giant bomb.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By Systech

Funky Student asked me to hold him and sway slowly. I was like "lol wut."

Mandaray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mandaray
    FunkyStudent said:
    "If there is an anti-funky then fear not, for i am here TO BRING YOU THE FUNK!! YEA-YAY!!"
    Lead on, oh Funkiest of Lords! All hail Funky Student!
    Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gunner
    systech said:
    "Funky Student asked me to hold him and sway slowly. I was like "lol wut.""
    Did he whisper riddles into your ear like he did to me?
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pepsiman

systech, you're not in a position to question the orders of Funky Student. Just do as you're told and you won't have Funky retribution dealt upon you.

Also, I am pleased to present the second chapter of Yellow Submarinis, the first book of the Funky Student Bible.

Chapter 2

Although Funky Student had created the world to his liking through six days' worth of effort, The Man still roamed about. The Man was not a model species that should continue to dominate the planet, Funky Student believed, so He opted to created a new breed of human in his image. Thus He set out first to create a Funky Man, a feat which He accomplished by molding copies of every Katamari Damacy game ever created (including the Flash version) together with several texts created by L. Ron Hubbard. From this recipe, He made Al Roker, a Funky Man who would go on to rule over the planet's weather systems several millennia later. With a Funky Man created, Funky Student was pleased, but He nonetheless needed a Funky Woman. Thus, to avoid blatant copyright infringement with another origin story, He did not take a body part from his first Funky Man, Al Roker, but from one of the few upstanding members of The Man: Sting. Using his femur in tandem with cherry blossoms and Hello Kitty, he made a Funky Woman. He decided to name her Barbara Streisand, a Funky Woman who would eventually become known for her acting involvement in movies that weren't Titanic, 2001: A Space Odyssey, or Pokemon: The First Movie.

Thus, Funky Student created the Funky race in his image. Content with his accomplishment, he proceeded to create riddles as his new hobby.
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RedSox8933
    Pepsiman said:
    "systech, you're not in a position to question the orders of Funky Student. Just do as your told and you won't have Funky retribution dealt upon you.

Also, I am pleased to present the second chapter of Yellow Submarinis, the first book of the Funky Student Bible.

Chapter 2

Although Funky Student had created the world to his liking through six days' worth of effort, The Man still roamed about. The Man was not a model species that should continue to dominate the planet, Funky Student believed, so He opted to created a new breed of human in his image. Thus He set out first to create a Funky Man, a feat which He accomplished by molding copies of every Katamari Damacy game ever created (including the Flash version) together with several texts created by L. Ron Hubbard. From this recipe, He made Al Roker, a Funky Man who would go on to rule over the planet's weather systems several millennia later. With a Funky Man created, Funky Student was pleased, but He nonetheless needed a Funky Woman. Thus, to avoid blatant copyright infringement with another origin story, He did not take a body part from his first Funky Man, Al Roker, but from one of the few upstanding members of The Man: Sting. Using his femur in tandem with cherry blossoms and Hello Kitty, he made a Funky Woman. He decided to name her Barbara Streisand, a Funky Woman who would eventually become known for her acting involvement in movies that weren't Titanic, 2001: A Space Odyssey, or Pokemon: The First Movie.

Thus, Funky Student created the Funky race in his image. Content with his accomplishment, he proceeded to create riddles as his new hobby.
    "
    at long last, Chapter 2!
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By vidiot
    Pepsiman said:
    "systech, you're not in a position to question the orders of Funky Student. Just do as you're told and you won't have Funky retribution dealt upon you.

Chapter 2

"
    Mind: Blown.
    Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Civraz

There are not words for this thread in terms of sheer awesomeness.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cloneslayer

My god! And to think I worshiped Jesus as my savior all this time! I'm such a fool. Funky Student is the only all powerful being for me.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RedSox8933
    Cloneslayer said:
    "My god! And to think I worshiped Jesus as my savior all this time! I'm such a fool. Funky Student is the only all powerful being for me."
    I'm glad you see the light. welcome, riddle brother.
    agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By agent_lost

read chapter 1
    read chapter 2

*Understanding as increases*

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By jakob187
    RedSox8933 said:
    "jakob187 said:
    ...and that makes me angry."
    then read the Funky Student Bible and learn our ways. Join the cult or leave."
    Cult?

Sorry, I already live in Waco.  =  /
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RedSox8933

poor FunkyStudent, he let the power get to him. pity.

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Steven

I love this website.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Manachild
    Steven said:
    "I love this website."
    your not alone lol
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#45  Edited By JJWeatherman
    RedSox8933 said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "
    then read the Funky Student Bible and learn our ways. Join the cult or leave."
    YES!    lol

Awesome btw
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pepsiman

To see this thread come back from the dead makes me nothing short of happy, I must say.

I need to churn out some more chapters of the Funky Student Bible soon, it seems....
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

!?......................................................................?!
                                  (Okay)

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Manachild

funky student is a servant of dagon, thought i'd let you know

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#49  Edited By natetodamax

Deductive reasoning like WHOA SON

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.