The player takes on the role of a pilot called "Councilor," who is tasked will combating a military-based mechanical force called the Bions.
You control the Councillor's ship, shooting down the Bions. All Bions are controlled by the Guardian of each of the eight planets, and upon defeating the Guardian all Bion forces are subdued, and the players moves to the next planet.
Each planet is open-world with the player using a mini-map to find their next target. The game also features the ability to destroy buildings with your guns.
- Terran (basically Earth)
- L24-D (Venus-like, very volitile)
- Ares (Mars-like, contains a material that produces wormholes)
- New Kroy (A massive city, play on 'New York' but the buildings are grown)
- Sebek (Ancient Egypt themed, pyramids and such)
- Vestra (Asteriod-esque, Bion training ground)
- Tiamat (Oceanic, contains some of the last obtainable phospherous, which is needed by both man and Machine)
- Fury³ (Bion outpost, surrounded by a planet-wide shield, which the player must disable)
There are several powerups, containing seven weapons, shields, invulnerability, invisibility, and turbo boosts.
The game's soundtrack used a combination of Redbook audio and tracker music, making it possible to play many of the tracks in a regular CD player (if you skipped track 1, which was the data track). The music was composed by Kyle Richards, and was in style of the EBM genre that was popular at the time.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Processor: Intel 486 DX 66 MHz or faster processor
- RAM: 8 MB of RAM
- Operating System: DOS 5.0 or Windows 3.1/95
- Hard Disk Install Requirement: 10 MB for Windows 95 or 14 MB + 10 MB for swap (If running less than 12 MB of RAM) for Windows 3.1
- Optical Drive: 2X CD-ROM or faster
- Graphics: SVGA compatible monitor with 256 color-mode
- Sound: A sound card with speakers or headphones for audio playback
Recommended System Requirements:
- Input peripherals: A joystick and a mouse or other pointing device
- Hard Disk Install Requirement: 55 MB for Windows 95 or 70 MB for Windows 3.1