While the FXO Turbo might be a front-wheel drive car, it's certainly not weak against the rear-drive XR GT Turbo in its class. The FXO is a very easy car to drive, and represents a good step up from the slowest cars. It experiences a bit of natural understeer under hard driving, as with most front-wheel drive cars, but good track positioning and a proper approach to turns makes this almost a non-issue.
The FXO Turbo is competitive against XR GT Turbos and RB4 GTs, and is a popular choice with beginners and experts for its power and handling. It also has knobbly and hybrid tires, so the FXO Turbo can be used for rallycross. Since the FXO Turbo handles dirt rather smoothly as well, it's a decent choice for rallycross events as well.
- Engine Placement: Front engine
- Drive Wheels: Front-wheel drive
- Transmission: H-pattern gearbox
- Engine: 1.9 liter turbocharged flat 4
- Power: 175 kW (234 bhp) @ 6357 rpm
- Torque: 305 Nm (225 lbft) @ 4336 rpm
- Total Mass: 1136 kg (2504 lbs)
- Power-weight: 154 W/kg (210 bhp/ton)
- Weight Distribution: 57% Front, 43% Rear
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 75 liters