Gaelic Games: Hurling was released November 9th only on the Playstation 2
. It is the first Hurling game where the player takes contol of the actual match gameplay. It was only released in the UK and Ireland. It was developed by Transmission Games
and published by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Like it's cousin, Gaelic Games: Football 2, the game was noted for its poor graphics and lack of licensed players. It was also released in a twin pack which included Gaelic Games: Hurling and Gaelic Games: Football 2 on the Playstation 2.
The game includes commentary from the famous Irish commentator Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh
This are the in-game features in Gaelic Games: Hurling:
- Full GAA Season: Play a full season of GAA which includes the National League, Provincal and All-Ireland Championships.
- Full-Licensed Teams: Play with all the current GAA hurling counties, all of which are fully licensed.
- Training Mode: This mode allows you to get used to the game's controls and key moves.
- Key Moves:These include, soloing, hand passing, free taking and many more.
- Eye Toy Support:Using the Eye Toy, players can take pictures of themselves and and make themselves as GAA players.
- Tactics: This allows players to pick different team and player tactics and use them in-game.
- Replays: This allows players to watch footage of old played games.
- Irish Language Support: Players can navigate in-game menus with the English or Irish language.
TeamsThis is a list of all teams avalible in Gaelic Games: Hurling and are sorted by each team's provience. Unlike the players, these teams are all fully licensed: