Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Boy Advance

Platform »

The third platform in the Game Boy line, the Game Boy Advance was offered in a multitude of colors and had three hardware offerings, the sideways Game Boy Advance, the flip Game Boy Advance SP and the tiny Game Boy Advance Micro.

Game Boy Advance Appreciation Thread

electricmastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

An appreciation thread for the Game Boy Advance, which was first launched in 2001.

Some of its more popular games include:

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Fire Emblem

Pokemon Emerald Version

Golden Sun

Metroid Fusion

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Advance Wars

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!

Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

Wario Land 4

Mega Man Zero

SuperKMx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, those are indeed some of the console's more popular games.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The GBA SP was a fantastic little machine. Wish the Analog Pocket had the same design.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By navster15

I lost my GBA SP some years ago during a move, so now all I have are my OG GBA, which is tough to use nowadays due to a lack of a front or back light, or my DS Lite, which is ok except for the awkward jutting out of the cartridge. It really puts into perspective how solid the SP was for me.

krelmoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Putting in a afterburner kit was my first soldering case-mod task. still have that Modded GBA the front light from that kit was never as bright as an SP but it fixed the problem till the SP came out. Only thing bad about the GBA other than the screen was the sound hardware which you only realize in hindsight on emulation really. I might not have noticed if not for all of the Super Nintendo ports on the GBA to compare music from.

geeelectronica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mother 1,2, and 3

nuff' said

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wasn't there some Astro Boy game that people said was good. I think I played a ROM of it for like 10 minutes and thought "yeah I'll play this but not right now". I still have yet to get back to it.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
    not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Was thinking about Drill Dozer the other day, that was a pretty dope GBA platformer.

@alias said:

Wasn't there some Astro Boy game that people said was good. I think I played a ROM of it for like 10 minutes and thought "yeah I'll play this but not right now". I still have yet to get back to it.

It's pretty good because it's from Treasure who also made such classics as Gunstar Heroes, Ikaruga, and Dynamite Heady.

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jamesyfx

I still have an SP, with Metroid Fusion... I occasionally get a yearning to play it again, but it's a model without a backlight so it really puts me off. I can't see anything.. and even if I illuminate it somehow, everything is tinted blue and it's not as enjoyable as I'd like.

krelmoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That astroboy game is no joke solid mega man style shooting platformer with visual novel story elements and lots of hidden surprises.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved my GBA, no idea where mine is now but the Megaman Battle Network games were my jam and I liked the Tactics Ogre game on there a whole lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.