Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 02, 2014

Based on the epic-fantasy television series of the same name, Game of Thrones is an episodic adventure game that tells the story of House Forrester, whose fate is threatened by the War of the Five Kings.

Episode 1 Choices (SPOILERS)

Avatar image for jediknight00719
    jediknight00719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 7

I really enjoyed the episode a lot. I came in assuming it would be some average side story but it came out way better. Its funny hearing all the voice actors doing good job and then hearing Cersei and Tyrion and just how much better they are.

Curious what the Giantbomb community decisions were. Here are mine:

You left Bowen behind

So i assumed that if i chose to save Bowen, Lord Forrester would die. Bowen was kind of a dick so i felt i needed to save Forrester first.

You swore loyalty to the King

While i didn't want to, i had to. Margary wanted me to and i don't want to be on Cersei bad side. Not yet.

You took Erik's fingers

I follow the Stark ways. He may be a good man with a good intentions, but he broke the rule and tried to steal. And i need to show that i won't tolerate that. I also wanted to show that that people needed to respect Ethan and not mess around

You picked Royland as Sentinel

Originally i was rolling with Duncun. He is smart and i usually side with peaceful ways, but funny enough after talking with everyone it was pointed out that he did order to have Gared leave without consulting me I felt him as an adviser would cause the House to be lax. Royland while i object to his gung-ho mindset i feel he can rally the soldiers better. So i chose him

Funny enough when it came to deciding how to meet Ramsay I still tried to side with Duncun and he called me out that i was still conflicted. Wonder if other people had that happen.

You met Ramsay at the gate

Cause screw meeting him inside the Hall, we know he is freaking crazy. But for some reason i let him in after, wonder if you can avoid that.

And the usual GoT ending happened. I kind of expected it, but it still shocked me.

Strong strong start, very impressed with the writing, can't wait. Hopefully they will run through all of them before the new season starts, but i assume no.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By justicejanitor

Alright, here are mine.

I waited for Bowen.

I figured that I still had time to get the hell out of there with him and warn the others... I did not...

I swore fealty to the king.

Margery pretty much asked me to. I know pissing off Cersei would probably be the fastest way to get me killed. I know how paranoid she can get, better not get on her bad side. I don't really understand why Margery is upset by it since I did what she asked.

I sent Erik to the Wall

A though one. It was either that or take his fingers. This is a time of war and we are men of the North. We are a good and just people but crimes must not go unpunished. The man is a thief and a deserter. I know that the guy has no interest and helping us out and would flee again the first chance he gets and I know that the situation at the Wall of pretty much fucked to so I sent him there.

I picked Duncan as my Sentinel.

An other tough one. Having a warrior as a Sentinel during time of war makes sense but the guy is a bit to gung ho for my tastes and his "angry all the time" would only makes things worse against a complete psycho like Ramsay. Duncan is more careful and cunning about things but he kind of seems like a more cowardly person and could make me look bad in front of some people. But I got a good vibe from him so I picked him.

I met Ramsay in the Hall

I wanted to show Ramsay that was a good and just Lord and I was in the right. I also wanted to show that I wasn't afraid of him.

I done fucked up... What the hell did I expect? It's Ramsay. He's going to go all psycho on me whatever I do.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Here are mine:

I left Bowen behind

He wasn't picking up on my hints and I had to warn Lord Forrester as fast as possible

I swore fealty do Lady Margaery

I felt extremely conflicted during that talk and the pressure of timer made me choose with my heart, which was a bad idea considering this is King's Landing

I showed Erik mercy

I felt like Ethan is still very young and somewhat idealistic, I thought him showing mercy had sense in that logic

I picked Duncan as my Sentinel

My first choice was actually Royland, but he seemed too extreme on subjects and I thought there was need for someone more level-headed. I regreted this decision as soon as Royland left the table of the Small Council.

I met Ramsay in the Hall

Again, Ethan is young and somewhat naive (even if he had some sort of strength), I sided with Duncan and, again, regreted it.

I think the spread in the choices is a great indicator that they're well done. There's no right or wrong choice most of the time and that's great!

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You left Bowen behind

Shit was about to go down and I needed to get out of there and warn everyone!

You swore loyalty to Lady Margery

Because, to borrow from the Hound, fuck the king, and fuck Cercei.

You took Erik's fingers

Not only did he steal, but all his yelling about the house failing didn't help. I also consider it fairly merciful, since he was pleading with me by using his wife and kid. Sending him to the Wall would have cost him his family. Now he gets to stay with them, just minus a few fingers.

You picked Duncan as Sentinel

He ran things just fine under my father and, despite the name, seemed more of a bureaucrat's position than a warrior's one. I need Royland training troops, not dealing with petty court-related bullshit.

Because, seriously, fuck that guy...

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Relenus

I left Bowen behind.

Because he should've heeded my warning and there's more at stake than just his life.

I swore loyalty to the King.

In any other situation fuck the King, but it's either bend the knee or face my house's annihilation.

I took Erik's fingers.

Normally I'd be more lenient, but when we could be under siege in a matter of days the worst thing to do is be merciful to opportunists. If we're not all in this together, then we're all as good as dead. So I had to make an example of him.

I picked Royland as my Sentinel.

Duncan's a pretty cool guy, and I typically try to take the more measured approach. But I know Ramsay and the Boltons all too well, and I know trying to appease them rarely works when they have the upper hand. We needed someone in charge who wasn't afraid to show strength and knew the tactical advantages of Ironrath.

I met Ramsay in the Great Hall.

I figured that way I'd be able to put on an act of diplomacy, but if he tried anything funny I could have my guys surround him and fuck his shit up without tons of his soldiers in the way. For what it's worth, I spoke to him in a condescending voice and outright insulted him every chance I had. Fat lot of good that did me in the end.

FerreroChell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok here's mine….

I stayed with Bowen.

I thought I had time to get him out of there as well as warn Lord Forrester.

I swore loyalty to Lady Margaery.

I admit, its not a good move in Kings Landing. Especially saying to the mother of the king that you would take the side of the daughter in law that she doesn't like. Throughout that whole conversation was trying to skate the questions and give answers that appeased Cersei while not giving up my family and incriminate myself. But when push come to shove and she gave me the choice of either Joffrey or Margaery, I went with Margaery. Cause seriously, fuck the king and fuck Cersei. I should regret this, but I don't……yet. I most likely will in the coming episodes.

I sent Erik to the Wall.

I chose that because the wall to me is showing mercy while still punishing someone for their crimes. It also gives someone a second chance.

I picked Duncan as my Sentinel.

Duncan seemed measured and thoughtful to me. He was also smart and cunning. He wasn't quick to act with angry. The position of sentinel to me felt like one of diplomacy. And I wanted someone who was smart and level headed beside me. Royland is a warrior. He acts with with his heart. I felt like he would say something that made things worse.

I met Ramsay in the Great Hall.

I wanted to show Ramsay that I was willing to be diplomatic. That there was no need for a battle. We could discuss things and come to an agreement that would benefit both of us. Boy I was wrong! Fuck Ramsey Snow the sadistic bastard!

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Aegon
    • Left Bowen (warned him and no time)
    • Loyalty to King (Lies to help the fam)
    • Took the three fingers (The problem of food could've been brought up vocally rather than stealing. Also if I sent him to the wall, there'd be no chance of him meeting his family again)
    • Picked Royland (cause Ramsay's gonna start shit no matter what, but Royland turned out to be useless in that regard)
    • Met Ramsay in the Great Hall

Ok...Ramsay's a fucking problem. He's this piece of shit ghost that haunts the books, the show and now the game. He won't fucking die! The bastard! Literally AND FIGURATIVELYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gah...So, I was pretty sure he'd pick a fight if I kept him out since he's crazy and that maybe he'd be wary of starting shit while he's surrounded by walls. Nope, and it's kind of dumb that Royland was the only warrior in the hall. So yeah, they decided to take a page out of GRRM's book and kill off Ethan (I assume this happens no matter what?).

Gurm better be cooking up a spectacularly painful end for Ramsay. Although I think nothing less than eternal torment can make up for the pain he causes.

zimzam99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Waited for Bowen
    • Showed mercy to one of Bolton's men at the farm.*
    • Loyalty to King (Marg had told me to say what Cersei wanted to hear)
    • Agreed to take the risk with Tyrion*
    • Took the thief's three fingers (Stark kind of justice)
    • Picked Royland (was going to pick Duncan, but changed my mind after talking to everybody. It is a time of war and I rationalise that I can temper his warmongering ways)
    • Met Ramsay at the Gate (Yes I immediately followed Duncan's advice even after picking Royland)

* I know nobody is mentioning these but maybe they will have some impact down the line?

Thewyattshield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You left Bowen behind

He was being a shit and I liked lord Forester a whole lot more.

You swore loyalty to Lady Margaery

Fuck Cersei, Fuck Jofferey, Fuck the Lannisters!

You took Erik's fingers

If Lord Forrester was considered a great man and he did this then I should too, It's the way of the North.

I choose Duncan because he's not only seemed the most trust-able but also because Lord Forrester only trusted him with the special message. I have a feeling this will come into play later.

Fuck Ramsay, Fuck Roose, Fuck the Boltons!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You waited for Bowen

No man gets left behind

You swore fealty to the King

Margaery asked me to and I do anything Margaery wants

Sent Erik to the wall

Starks has always been a friend to the Wall. I think they would approve.

But I promised it to Royland first. Boy was he pissed. it was funny.

Never trust a bastard.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I assumed sending Erik to the wall would have been the harsher punishment, since his family would have probably starved. So I thought taking his fingers would leave it at that, and still hopefully keep him around to be useful to them.

Since nobody mentioned anything about that afterwards I'm not so sure anymore. Poor bloke.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vrikk

Is there any way to keep Ethan from dying? I mean, what the fuck is the point of having men if they don't stop the Boltons' guys from walking right in, and what the fuck is the point of my right-hand man if he just lets the Lord get killed.

Everyone was fucking useless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.