Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

GameRoom Woes

soupbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

Edited By soupbones

It's October 22, 2010 - exactly 3 days past the would be release of Game Pack 11. 

Game Pack 11 - the Game Pack that would hold the Jackal. 

But instead of the Jackal - we GameRoom faithful get jack. 

What could have possibly gone wrong with GameRoom? The idea was sound. Create a virtual arcade and release very old games for too much money. Fine. I'm in. 

A glitchy interface, waning support, craptastic games and now to top it all off - we are just being flat out ignored.  

At the very least, MS should post SOMETHING as to why the service is being ignored. My GameRoom keeps advertising that Game Pack 7 is coming soon! WTF! Now they go ahead and skip releases.  

I'm bitter and need the blog achievement. Going to play Super Meat Boy and keep checking back for Jackal.

soupbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By soupbones

It's October 22, 2010 - exactly 3 days past the would be release of Game Pack 11. 

Game Pack 11 - the Game Pack that would hold the Jackal. 

But instead of the Jackal - we GameRoom faithful get jack. 

What could have possibly gone wrong with GameRoom? The idea was sound. Create a virtual arcade and release very old games for too much money. Fine. I'm in. 

A glitchy interface, waning support, craptastic games and now to top it all off - we are just being flat out ignored.  

At the very least, MS should post SOMETHING as to why the service is being ignored. My GameRoom keeps advertising that Game Pack 7 is coming soon! WTF! Now they go ahead and skip releases.  

I'm bitter and need the blog achievement. Going to play Super Meat Boy and keep checking back for Jackal.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
    chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

You should download Jackal when you get the chance, but I agree Game Room is pretty garbage

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SSully

It is hilarious that they actually went through with it. If they released decent games then it would ok, if they released good games it would be pretty sweet, but the crap that they put out at the price they sell them for is hilarious. You can get better games for free, i honestly do not understand why someone would pony up the money for some of the games they put out.

soupbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By soupbones
    @chocolaterhinovampire: Actually got it, once they finally released it and was pleasantly surprised how well it held up. My faith has been renewed in GR after the latest Game Pack (12) - just played Blades of Steel, Pitfalll 2 and Trick Trap and they are all awesome! Plus Game Room got a little update - which means SOMEONE is paying attention to it!
    soupbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By soupbones
    @SSully: Check out GamePack 12 - things look like they may be turing around for Game Room :) 

Arcade
    Trick Trap 1771 (pretty cool Commando type game with a medieval meets future twist) 
    Blades of Steel (yes!!!)
    Amidar
    Detana Twinbee
    Food Fight
    MIA: Missing in Action
     (aka Rush'n Attack 2)
    Pooyan
    Sunset Riders (4-Player Beat'em up Cowboys)
    Twinbee (Big shooter in Japan)

Atari 2600
    Pitfall II
    Off The Wall
    Thwocker
    Warlords

Intellivision
    Vectrom
    Volleyball

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.