Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GameCube

Platform »

The Nintendo GameCube is a sixth generation video game console released by Nintendo on September 15, 2001 in Japan, November 18, 2001 in North America, May 3, 2002 in Europe, and May 17, 2002 in Australia.

Dolphin Emulator now has System Link Support

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Edited By Bartman3010
    Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Bartman3010
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By TobbRobb

This is fucking awesome. I love how crazy emulators are. And Dolphin is basically the most amazing one at the moment.

How does going online in PSO work? I never played it, but I can't see how this LAN feature would get you any further than small scale co-op.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Pepsiman

@TobbRobb said:

This is fucking awesome. I love how crazy emulators are. And Dolphin is basically the most amazing one at the moment.

How does going online in PSO work? I never played it, but I can't see how this LAN feature would get you any further than small scale co-op.

What I believe Dolphin officially supports in this stage is the GameCube's broadband adapter, which, while mostly used for the few LAN multiplayer-capable games Nintendo put out, was also used to connect to the Internet for the even fewer online multiplayer games that were released for the system. Phantasy Star Online also supported the conventional 56k adapter that I believe was significantly easier to find than the broadband one, but for obvious reasons, that's not particularly useful in this day and age. As for actually getting online with PSO, there are still private servers being run for I believe every version of the game except the original Xbox since that one relied on Xbox Live for its infrastructure. Different systems have different registration procedures, but basically once you get a confirmation email from the private server operator, you get DNS information and whatnot to input into the game's networking settings that enable it to connect to the private server and then, voila, you're online! I've never done it this way myself, but I'm also really excited by the broadband compatibility in Dolphin, so I'll likely check it out soon myself, especially since I think PSO2 access was cut off to non-Japanese residents soon after the beta.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TobbRobb

@Pepsiman: This is why emulation is amazing for preservation. Just amaaaazing. Now to wait for Wii connection and Monster Hunter Tri servers. ^^

Thanks for the info! :D

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

Haha, this is awesome. I've been using Joybus recently to hook together two Visual Boy Advance emulators to Dolphin to play Four Swords Adventures with a friend, and it works like a charm (at a decent framerate too).

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bartman3010

Your best bet is to check out this video. Here a person connects to a Schthack server for PSO on Dolphin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.