Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GameCube

Object » linked to 15 games

The GameCube is Nintendo's fouth home console, and has made several appearances in video games.

Am i getting ripped off

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

Hey guys . Recently my xbox 360 died and instead of this getting me down i started playing my old gamecube . Now i wanted to pick up a good long RPG so i headed to Ebay . I found the games i wanted to buy were more than some new xbox games . Here is a link to one of them . I mean 40 quid for a old gamecube game .... jesus .
    What do you think about charging so much for these games .

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

no thats pretty good price for a rare game in the UK as for skies of arcadia its an awesome game.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138

Having said that i found a copy at my local Gamesation for 12 quid .... BARGIN

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

Yes, PAL versions of out-of-print rare-ish Gamecube games are going to be a bit pricey. That works out to $60 US dollars.

If I were you, I would buy a gamecube Free Loader, and buy US copies of games. Even including the shipping, the US version is about 1/3 of the price. I did this for a few Japanese games that I have, and they work fine. Just make sure you have a 2nd memory card for imported games.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138
    TooWalrus said:
    "Yes, PAL versions of out-of-print rare-ish Gamecube games are going to be a bit pricey. That works out to $60 US dollars.

If I were you, I would buy a gamecube Free Loader, and buy US copies of games. Even including the shipping, the US version is about 1/3 of the price. I did this for a few Japanese games that I have, and they work fine. Just make sure you have a 2nd memory card for imported games."
    good idea dude :)
    RawShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By RawShark

Hah. For that price, you could buy a Dreamcast, and pirate the original game, and maybe have change left over to buy it officially.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.