Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gearbox Software LLC

Company »

Gearbox is a company best known for their early work on the Half-Life series, WWII video game series Brothers in Arms, Borderlands and Duke Nukem Forever.

halo 4: Good or Bad?

PFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By PFighter

Rumors have surfaced that halo 4 is in development on halo 4 and that it will be release with the release of the new xbox. i have never played a gearbox game, but im sure they wont stray far from the path with franky and microsoft breathing down there neck.

in the end I don't think it is a bad thing, it will be nice to see halo move in a slightly different direction.

how 'bout you guys, what do you think?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I seriously doubt it'll move in any direction. I think MS is going to make sure that it has the same stuff as the others. Therefore, it will most likely be more of the same. I'd say that Gearbox should make their own game.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DualReaver

I think the more games the merrier and it's not like the halo series was bad or anything. As well Gearsbox might breath some new life into the now somewhat stale series.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

microsoft would never have any one but bungie work on halo. and if they did? they would seriously piss off bungie.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DualReaver
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "microsoft would never have any one but bungie work on halo. and if they did? they would seriously piss off bungie."
    Bungie isn't part of Microsoft anymore and I don't think they own the IP for halo.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Rumours and discussion of Halo 4 have been around since before the release of Halo 3 and to be honest I'm just plain sick of them. The Halo trilogy was brilliant, but now I'd like to see Bungie do something slightly different and if they do want to make a direct addition to the Halo trilogy I'd like to see this some time in the future when Bungie have more ideas and technology has advanced. Half the reason the Halo 4 rumours have circulated up until now is because a lot of fans want to believe there will be a Halo 4 in the near future but I think that they could go much further than just dragging out another game for the Halo trilogy for the sake of it.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It definitely needs to move in a different direction. Halo 1, 2 and 3, as much as they were great games, were far too samey. Now that that story ark is complete they are free to move in whatever direction they like, which is a good thing and I hope they take advantage of the situation. If they do something virtually the same as halo 3 Microsoft will not be getting my money this time round.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Jensonb

Halo 4 meaning the direct sequel to 3.

Bungie is allegedly making a spinoff in the same universe which may (Or probably will) be released on 360

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By lord_canti

ive hered somewhere that the next halo be it sequel or spin off  is going to be multi platform  and if true that would piss me off so much im close to a sony fanboy but i think some games should remain exclusive such as halo coz there icons to that console

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By crunchUK

it just wouldn't be the same without bungie :(

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    the_chojin99 said:
    "ive hered somewhere that the next halo be it sequel or spin off  is going to be multi platform  and if true that would piss me off so much im close to a sony fanboy but i think some games should remain exclusive such as halo coz there icons to that console"
    Microsoft owns the rights to halo, so it isn't going multi plat.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crunchUK
    MattyFTM said:
    "the_chojin99 said:
    "ive hered somewhere that the next halo be it sequel or spin off  is going to be multi platform  and if true that would piss me off so much im close to a sony fanboy but i think some games should remain exclusive such as halo coz there icons to that console"
    Microsoft owns the rights to halo, so it isn't going multi plat."
    but bungies non-halo project could well be... although i doubt it considering that they'd have to spend time and money porting it to ps3, when their fansbase is on the 360 anyway.
    Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Jensonb
    crunchUK said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "the_chojin99 said:
    Microsoft owns the rights to halo, so it isn't going multi plat."
    but bungies non-halo project could well be... although i doubt it considering that they'd have to spend time and money porting it to ps3, when their fansbase is on the 360 anyway."
    Well, no, they wouldn't "have to port it to PS3" because they could build it ground up for whatever platform they liked, Wii, Mac, PC, Linux, PS3, DS, PSP, 360 anything
    Jixashauser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jixashauser

If there is a new Halo game Bungie should be the ones to do it.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By clarke0

I don't think the Halo series should have another direct sequel. The trilogy is already pretty similar already and I doubt they could improve on it that much.

Platitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Platitude

I could see Gearbox developing a next-gen spinoff to Halo, but I don't see Microsoft having anybody develop a future main installment of Halo other than Bungie.

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By darthzew

Halo 4? Yes, I like that. Gearbox making it? Not so much.

marbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By marbig

Eurgh, I won't buy it.

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HitNRun

Halo 4: Good.

Starting to make AAA titles for a new XBox already: Bad.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Pibo47
    DualReaver said:
    "I think the more games the merrier and it's not like the halo series was bad or anything. As well Gearsbox might breath some new life into the now somewhat stale series."
    Agreed 100%. I loved halo:CE and hated halo 2, then i liked halo 3. I hope if there is going to be a halo 4, they go back towards the Halo:CE direction.
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By xruntime

Nah - it's time for new games and series, Halo has been done to death.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.