Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

CliffyB to annouce 'new' game on Jimmy Fallon Show Thurs. April 8

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By pweidman

This has got to be Gears 3.  Gotta love how Jimmy loves gaming and will support them on his show.  Should be fun to watch...Cliffy the ham and all.  Thought serious Gears people would want to know. 
    Click here for the ign article link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1081245p1.html    
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Been playing a tons of Gears 2 online in the last week, can't wait!

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sixghost

You think they would announce Gears 3 on Fallon? There's got to be a better venue for something that big.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye

Karts of War. chibi marcus fenix kart racing game.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

I really doubt they'll announce Gears of War 3 on Jimmy Fallon. Shadow Complex 2 is a possibility, though.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dany
    @Icemael said:

" I really doubt they'll announce Gears of War 3 on Jimmy Fallon. Shadow Complex 2 is a possibility, though. "

Considering the audience, I'd say Gears 3 is the perfect announcement.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Icemael
    @Dany said:
    " @Icemael said:

" I really doubt they'll announce Gears of War 3 on Jimmy Fallon. Shadow Complex 2 is a possibility, though. "

Considering the audience, I'd say Gears 3 is the perfect announcement. "
    Gears of War 3 is not a game you announce on Late Night. It's a game you announce at E3, or a similar huge event.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dany
    @Icemael said:
    " @Dany said:
    " @Icemael said:

Gears of War 3 is not a game you announce on Late Night. It's a game you announce at E3, or a similar huge event. "
    Well, those huge events are not televised. I can only see it being Gears 3 or a new property.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By I_smell

TV is way bigger than anything on the internet, no matter what it is.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By EvilTwin
    @sixghost said:
    " You think they would announce Gears 3 on Fallon? There's got to be a better venue for something that big. "
    They announced Gears 2 at GDC.  I have to imagine more people watch Fallon (unfortunately) than get to attend GDC.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Icemael
    @Dany said:

" @Icemael said:

" @Dany said:
    " @Icemael said:

Gears of War 3 is not a game you announce on Late Night. It's a game you announce at E3, or a similar huge event. "
    Well, those huge events are not televised. I can only see it being Gears 3 or a new property. "
    No, but they're much more closely followed by gamers and gaming press. I, and I'm sure I'm far from the only one, would be shocked if they announced Gears 3 on Jimmy Fallon. It's going to be either a new IP or a new installment in a minor one, like Shadow Complex.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_smell
    @Icemael said:
    " @Dany said:

" @Icemael said:

" @Dany said:
    " @Icemael said:

Well, those huge events are not televised. I can only see it being Gears 3 or a new property. "
    No, but they're much more closely followed by gamers and gaming press. I, and I'm sure I'm far from the only one, would be shocked if they announced Gears 3 on Jimmy Fallon. It's going to be either a new IP or a new installment in a minor one, like Shadow Complex. "
    Why would normal people who watch TV give a shit about Shadow Complex or a new IP?
    Gears 3 is just about as mainstream as it gets.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dany
    @Icemael said:
    " @Dany said:

" @Icemael said:

" @Dany said:
    " @Icemael said:

No, but they're much more closely followed by gamers and gaming press. I, and I'm sure I'm far from the only one, would be shocked if they announced Gears 3 on Jimmy Fallon. It's going to be either a new IP or a new installment in a minor one, like Shadow Complex. "
    Hmm...well, from my point of view, if your game developer, going to a late night talk show host is going to to be a big deal, might as well bring your most anticipated title with you. I can understand why E3 would be a better choice. I think that if it is only going to be smaller game then, that is kinda a disappointment on my end.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Icemael
    @I_smell said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @Dany said:

" @Icemael said:

" @Dany said:
    " @Icemael said:

Why would normal people who watch TV give a shit about Shadow Complex or a new IP? Gears 3 is just about as mainstream as it gets. "
    A Gears spinoff, then. Or some other mainstream shooter thing. 

But Gears 3? I doubt it. I really do.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Watch a semi-OK awkward talk show to hear the new game from Cliffy?  Nah I'll just read about it the next day.

R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By R3Qui4M

I would think that it is Gears 3. Because no other game from EPIC could warrant a TV announcement. None of the IP from EPIC has an install base big enough to breach mass market. Half of the audience wont even know what a shadow complex is....

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By I_smell

It's crazy how you think they're saving Gears 3 for some nerdfest video stream when they could announce it ON TELEVISION and it'd be all over the internet the next day anyway.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't seem right that Gears 3 would be announced on Fallon, but it seems possible since he's had quite a few gaming things on his show.  Maybe they'll just announce Gears 3, but wait to give any details on it during E3.  I mean it's pretty obvious it's going to come out this year, unless they plan on releasing gears 3 when ever next gen consoles come out.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Ryax
    @jadeskye said:
    " Karts of War. chibi marcus fenix kart racing game. "
    id play that actually. the pure ridiculousness of it would be awesome
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Icemael said:
    " @Dany said:

" @Icemael said:

" @Dany said:
    " @Icemael said:

this. Gears 3 is a much more "hardcore" game. I think it'll be something like Shadow Complex or another Epic developed/published game.
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Illmatic

If Gears of War 3 doesn't make any sense as an announcement on Jimmy Fallon, how in the world are people coming to the conclusion that Shadow Complex makes more sense? Does it make more sense to announce a Gears at a gaming convention? Yes. But I don't see how anyone would think it's more likely he'll announce an Xbox LIve arcade title that most definitely hit a more niche market than Gears of War. My casual gaming friends didn't raise a word about Shadow Complex when it was released but couldn't get enough of Gears of War. Jimmy Fallon has a large college age audience. Gears makes perfect sense.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By TheFreeMan

Oh god, Shadow Complex 2 please.

I'm totally down with Gears 3 but that's kinda a given, I figure.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By neoepoch

Gears of Wars Wars. It will be a real time strategy game in the vein of Halo Wars, but with a twist. It will feature an elaborate cover mechanic, not unlike Company of Heroes or Dawn of War 2. But instead of just the cover mechanic, when you take cover you go into an over the shoulder third person view and shoot the locust yourself. Also active reload.

But to be serious. Gears isn't as 'hardcore' as most would believe. I mean it has a multimillion user base and I would consider that a little more mainstream than something like, Shadow Complex (not that I'm talking any smack about Shadow Complex).

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By I_smell

Gears of Warioware.
    A series of microgames based around taking cover, reloading, and shouting AWWWW COME ON!!

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bionicicide

I can see him premiere a Gears of War 3 teaser [like they did for Gears of War 2] and then Cliffy B. sits on the couch talking about how this will change gaming and telling people to stay tuned for E3 for more news (a trap set by Microsoft whom would love to have a mainstream audience watching when they'll be pimping Natal at their E3 keynote).

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bicycleham
    @UnsolvedParadox said:
    " Been playing a tons of Gears 2 online in the last week, can't wait! "
    You're living in the past, I've been playing Gears 6 all day.
    Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By deathstriker666

Gears of War 3 on Jimmy Falllon? 
     April fool's muthafucka! 

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bionicicide
    s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By s7evn

It's definitely Gears 3. There are no other notable projects that EPIC would be working on.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By natetodamax

Why would he announce the game on Fallon? Assuming it's GOW3, that's kinda strange.

Bigbombomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Bigbombomb

Gears 3 announcement is happening today, actually it's happening pretty soon.
    Here's the interview and trailer.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By REDRUN
    @Bigbombomb said:
    " Gears 3 announcement is happening today, actually it's happening pretty soon.
    Here's the interview and trailer.   "
    Thanks for the link. That brought some chills down my spine. Now I am real excited to play maybe the final chapter of the trilogy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.