Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Gears of War 2: Potential... EPIC WIN

TheReviewd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheReviewd
    Delta is back. With new guys. And New guns.

A couple days ago I completed the solo campaign of Epic Games and Microsoft's Gears of War 2.  It was the most amazing game I'd ever seen. The graphics.. were incredible.. It was like I was really watching a war. An amazingly awesome comeback to the hit game. The game is not for the faint of heart. Many occurences in the game tap not only into your intrest. But your emotion. 
    ------------------------------------------------------SPOILER                                ALERT-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tai Kaliso, the supposed " bad-ass " of the team is captured by the Locust after being confronted by the Locust commander " Skorge " Later in the game he is found... he had been tortured by the Locust, his spirit was broken.. Marcus handed him the shotgun. The gun was cocked. Tai, being in his state... Commited Suicide. Not being able to comprehend being rescued.

The squad, delta, from the original game is back. With veterans Marcus Fenix, Domonic Santiago, Damon Baird, and Augustus Cole.
    Regarding the game's multiplayer... Epic added some new features. My favorite is Horde. These 50, mind bendingly tactical waves of locust get harder every time. It is said there is a BRUMAK at wave 50 [needs a citation] The matchamking is slow, but is still at a realtively good neough speed to find a proper match. The game uses the Unreal Engine 3, giving the great graphics. COG tags have new friends. Epic has added a set of 41 collectibles including COG tags.

There is a special edititon of the game that you can buy which holds many exclusive items... but my favorite. Is the code for the GOLD LANCER

Three more soldiers have been added to Delta. 
    --Tai Kaliso--
    --Dizzy Wallin--
    -- Benjamin Carmine--

Cliffy B. - creator of the game - took into consideration, the popular demand of veteran Anthony Carmine. Knowing this popualrity, he added another member of the Carmine family to Delta. Benjamin.

Not only is this an emotional and tactical thrill ride. it is a mix of player demand concepts. The guys at Epic did a holy thing that day... they took gamers' concern into recognition.

I give this game a Double thumbs up, 5 star, 100 point rating.
    TheReviewd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheReviewd
    Delta is back. With new guys. And New guns.

A couple days ago I completed the solo campaign of Epic Games and Microsoft's Gears of War 2.  It was the most amazing game I'd ever seen. The graphics.. were incredible.. It was like I was really watching a war. An amazingly awesome comeback to the hit game. The game is not for the faint of heart. Many occurences in the game tap not only into your intrest. But your emotion. 
    ------------------------------------------------------SPOILER                                ALERT-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tai Kaliso, the supposed " bad-ass " of the team is captured by the Locust after being confronted by the Locust commander " Skorge " Later in the game he is found... he had been tortured by the Locust, his spirit was broken.. Marcus handed him the shotgun. The gun was cocked. Tai, being in his state... Commited Suicide. Not being able to comprehend being rescued.

The squad, delta, from the original game is back. With veterans Marcus Fenix, Domonic Santiago, Damon Baird, and Augustus Cole.
    Regarding the game's multiplayer... Epic added some new features. My favorite is Horde. These 50, mind bendingly tactical waves of locust get harder every time. It is said there is a BRUMAK at wave 50 [needs a citation] The matchamking is slow, but is still at a realtively good neough speed to find a proper match. The game uses the Unreal Engine 3, giving the great graphics. COG tags have new friends. Epic has added a set of 41 collectibles including COG tags.

There is a special edititon of the game that you can buy which holds many exclusive items... but my favorite. Is the code for the GOLD LANCER

Three more soldiers have been added to Delta. 
    --Tai Kaliso--
    --Dizzy Wallin--
    -- Benjamin Carmine--

Cliffy B. - creator of the game - took into consideration, the popular demand of veteran Anthony Carmine. Knowing this popualrity, he added another member of the Carmine family to Delta. Benjamin.

Not only is this an emotional and tactical thrill ride. it is a mix of player demand concepts. The guys at Epic did a holy thing that day... they took gamers' concern into recognition.

I give this game a Double thumbs up, 5 star, 100 point rating.
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MKHavoc

Yeah, it s a great game.  Too bad it takes forever to start a match online.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crunchUK

i'm still waiting to get gears 2 :*(

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crunchUK

i'm still waiting to get gears 2 :*(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.