Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Gears of War 2 Soundtrack (Feat. DeVotchKa)

xanderbetke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xanderbetke

Hi All,

Does anyone else love the soundtrack for Gears of War 2? I feel “How It Ends” was the perfect song they could’ve picked for the trailer. Try annihilating some locust while listening to the whole album!

http://www.itunes.com/devotchka/howitends

You can also get the single along with a cool booklet with images from the game and the trailer.

http://www.itunes.com/devotchka/howitends-ep

Cheers!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By crunchUK

I think the menu music is the best (seriously)

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

As much as I enjoy the Gears 2 music, they really should have kept that leitmotif from the first game. One of the things I hated most about the MGS4 score was how it never featured the actual MGS theme. Granted, that was for legal reasons but it was still not good so it was a shame to see this game go down a similar path.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By End_Boss

I would download the song from the commercial. Yes, I would.
    I wouldn't pay for it, though.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By brukaoru

Yes, I absolutely love the Gears of War 2 soundtrack, much better than the first one in my opinion. The first one only has a few choice songs I really enjoy, but the second one I almost love every song on there just about equally.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By destro

"How It Ends" defiantly fit the theme and feel of the game really well. Im not sure they could have made a more epic trailer. They did the same with the first gears and "mad world". Another perfect song to fit the tone and feel of the game. I'll be looking forward to the Gears 3 trailers more than the game, hahaha.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By vidiot

Gears of War 2 was actually done by Steve Jablonsky. AKA: The guy who did the music for Transformers. (The Michal Bay movie not the animated film.)

He defiantly has a distinctive style, you can clearly hear it in certain tracks such as "Armored Prayer" especially in the beginning. "With Sympathy" (the theme that plays when Dom...eh.../spoiler.) defiantly has hints of the Transformers score.

I thought his remixing of the original Gears game into the new theme was excellent as well. A surprisingly well put together soundtrack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.