Proof that Lancer comes with Gears of War Insane edition

Avatar image for wolverine
#1 Posted by Wolverine (4640 posts) -
Major Nelson
Major Nelson
Major Nelson is holding the lancer that is described on xbox360fanboy.
Avatar image for samcotts
#2 Posted by samcotts (2432 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it is going to be a miniature Lancer.

And they've had that lancer for a while, Cliffy B used it when he announced Gears 2.

Avatar image for manks
#3 Posted by Manks (862 posts) -

That's an old photo from GDC.  That's actually the one that Young Clifford used at the press conference there.  Hate to bring the bad news, but I also thought the Lancer replica was coming to the Gears "Insane" edition, but it's not.  There was a misunderstanding when Cliff talked about.  He meant that you can get the Limited for $70, but buy a Lancer replica SEPARATELY for $130 on Amazon or some other sites.  It was already said on Epic Games Forums.  I'm a member over there.

Avatar image for brukaoru
#4 Edited by brukaoru (5134 posts) -

If the miniature lancer was that big, I'd definitely buy it! But I highly doubt it will be that big. I really want to know how miniature it is, they need to release the dimensions for it.

Avatar image for thegtavaccine
#5 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2916 posts) -

Hahaha yeah, they're gonna put THAT lancer in the Insane edition...jeez I cant even believe people really think that.

Avatar image for shotaro
#6 Posted by Shotaro (814 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Hahaha yeah, they're gonna put THAT lancer in the Insane edition...jeez I cant even believe people really think that.
"
true, doesn't stop me wishing it was the lancer to come with the insane edition.
Avatar image for joeltgm
#7 Posted by JoelTGM (5784 posts) -

No way, it's not gonna be that.  It's just going to be some miniature to go with your mini master chief helmet.

Avatar image for blu_magic
#8 Posted by Blu_Magic (2026 posts) -

There's no way it'll be that big.

Avatar image for vlademir
#9 Posted by Vlademir (1083 posts) -

I seriously doubt it would be that big.

Avatar image for gorillawhat
#10 Posted by Gorillawhat (1371 posts) -

If Major Nelson were a cat, then I think that Lancer would be the right size.

Avatar image for blacksuitandtie9
#11 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (293 posts) -

Do want.

Avatar image for twenty0ne
#12 Posted by twenty0ne (3056 posts) -

No way... unless the Insane Edition is like, 400 bucks.

Avatar image for gunslinger
#13 Posted by Gunslinger (180 posts) -

Hell, I know it's not going to be that big in real life, but still, I'm hoping that it is.

I'm also hoping that it's actually going to work, as well.

Imagine how badass you'd feel trimming your hedges with that bad boy.

Avatar image for sentry
#14 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -
Gunslinger said:
"Hell, I know it's not going to be that big in real life, but still, I'm hoping that it is.

I'm also hoping that it's actually going to work, as well.

Imagine how badass you'd feel trimming your hedges with that bad boy.
"

LMAO, OK maybe it will be that big, but actually functional!? Hah!!! I wish, that would be insane. But it's most likely a hollow plastic non-functional toy.
Avatar image for sentry
#15 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -
Gunslinger said:
"Hell, I know it's not going to be that big in real life, but still, I'm hoping that it is.

I'm also hoping that it's actually going to work, as well.

Imagine how badass you'd feel trimming your hedges with that bad boy.
"

LMAO, OK maybe it will be that big, but actually functional!? Hah!!! I wish, that would be insane. But it's most likely a hollow plastic non-functional toy.
Avatar image for darkido07
#16 Posted by DARKIDO07 (926 posts) -
Avatar image for sentry
#17 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -

That pic isn't proof that it comes with the limited edition, its proof it exists.

BIG difference.

Avatar image for mscortana
#18 Posted by MsCortana (445 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Gunslinger said:
"Hell, I know it's not going to be that big in real life, but still, I'm hoping that it is.

I'm also hoping that it's actually going to work, as well.

Imagine how badass you'd feel trimming your hedges with that bad boy.
"

LMAO, OK maybe it will be that big, but actually functional!? Hah!!! I wish, that would be insane. But it's most likely a hollow plastic non-functional toy.
"
...if your lucky they may add sound affects..lol!
Avatar image for churchy
#19 Posted by Churchy (18 posts) -
MsCortana said:
"Sentry said:
"Gunslinger said:
"Hell, I know it's not going to be that big in real life, but still, I'm hoping that it is.

I'm also hoping that it's actually going to work, as well.

Imagine how badass you'd feel trimming your hedges with that bad boy.
"

LMAO, OK maybe it will be that big, but actually functional!? Hah!!! I wish, that would be insane. But it's most likely a hollow plastic non-functional toy.
"
...if your lucky they may add sound affects..lol!
"
So basically this?
Avatar image for vinchenzo
#20 Posted by Vinchenzo (6463 posts) -
Churchy said:
"MsCortana said:
"Sentry said:
"Gunslinger said:
"Hell, I know it's not going to be that big in real life, but still, I'm hoping that it is.

I'm also hoping that it's actually going to work, as well.

Imagine how badass you'd feel trimming your hedges with that bad boy.
"

LMAO, OK maybe it will be that big, but actually functional!? Hah!!! I wish, that would be insane. But it's most likely a hollow plastic non-functional toy.
"
...if your lucky they may add sound affects..lol!
"
So basically this?
"
Wow that was amazing.
Avatar image for mscortana
#21 Posted by MsCortana (445 posts) -
Churchy said:
So basically this?
"
I started laughing when I saw the nerf gun...lol!  Was it just me, or in the beginning did the lancer sound like a train? LOL!
Avatar image for psynapse
#22 Posted by Psynapse (1084 posts) -
Gunslinger said:
"Hell, I know it's not going to be that big in real life, but still, I'm hoping that it is.

I'm also hoping that it's actually going to work, as well.

Imagine how badass you'd feel trimming your hedges with that bad boy.
"

BAHAHAHA... thats funny as hell..

But if it was going to work... yeah right... imagine the politicians have a feild day with that one!
Avatar image for blindeffekt
#23 Posted by BlindEffekt (920 posts) -

Wow thats insane. Definitely buying now lol

Avatar image for sentry
#24 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -

So sad that millions of people will waste more then a hundred bucks on a plastic gun, and a dewrag... ffs.

Avatar image for blindeffekt
#25 Posted by BlindEffekt (920 posts) -
Sentry said:
"So sad that millions of people will waste more then a hundred bucks on a plastic gun, and a dewrag... ffs.
"
So sad that you care what other people spend their own money on.
Just because you don't like/approve of it, does not mean others cant enjoy it
Avatar image for sentry
#26 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -
BlindEffekt said:
"Sentry said:
"So sad that millions of people will waste more then a hundred bucks on a plastic gun, and a dewrag... ffs.
"
So sad that you care what other people spend their own money on.
Just because you don't like/approve of it, does not mean others cant enjoy it
"

I don't CARE, but you don't think its sad someone would waste money on a friggin dewrag just because its from a game? If thats not funny then I don't know what is lol.
Avatar image for blindeffekt
#27 Posted by BlindEffekt (920 posts) -

So what? Someones a die hard fan of something and they want merchandise.
OMFGTHEREUSINGMONEYONSOMETHINGTHEYLIKE XXX____XXX

Avatar image for mattdogg91
#28 Posted by MattDoGG91 (54 posts) -
MsCortana said:
"Sentry said:
"Gunslinger said:
"Hell, I know it's not going to be that big in real life, but still, I'm hoping that it is.

I'm also hoping that it's actually going to work, as well.

Imagine how badass you'd feel trimming your hedges with that bad boy.
"

LMAO, OK maybe it will be that big, but actually functional!? Hah!!! I wish, that would be insane. But it's most likely a hollow plastic non-functional toy.
"
...if your lucky they may add sound affects..lol!
"

LOL sound effects.
Avatar image for homer
#29 Posted by Homer (1366 posts) -

.... $130...

Avatar image for sentry
#30 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -
BlindEffekt said:
"So what? Someones a die hard fan of something and they want merchandise.
OMFGTHEREUSINGMONEYONSOMETHINGTHEYLIKE XXX____XXX
"
Homer said:
".... $130..."

Avatar image for shotaro
#31 Posted by Shotaro (814 posts) -
Sentry said:
"BlindEffekt said:
"So what? Someones a die hard fan of something and they want merchandise.
OMFGTHEREUSINGMONEYONSOMETHINGTHEYLIKE XXX____XXX
"
Homer said:
".... $130..."

"
Surely Sentry you have spent money on something you yourself are a large fan of, no special editions of DVDs? no special editions of games? - I agree if that is the price it is ridiculously expensive, but I collect things like that, because I enjoy it. I think everyone with common sense knows that a life-size lancer coming in an "Insane" edition is BS but people still want it. If you think this is bad imagine what it would've been like if it was a gun from Halo.
Avatar image for sentry
#32 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -
Shotaro said:
"Sentry said:
"BlindEffekt said:
"So what? Someones a die hard fan of something and they want merchandise.
OMFGTHEREUSINGMONEYONSOMETHINGTHEYLIKE XXX____XXX
"
Homer said:
".... $130..."

"
Surely Sentry you have spent money on something you yourself are a large fan of, no special editions of DVDs? no special editions of games? - I agree if that is the price it is ridiculously expensive, but I collect things like that, because I enjoy it. I think everyone with common sense knows that a life-size lancer coming in an "Insane" edition is BS but people still want it. If you think this is bad imagine what it would've been like if it was a gun from Halo.
"

Yeah all im saying is its laughable... is it not? I have never spent a lot of money on something meaningless... DVDs? Those I can watch, be entertained by. A plastic gun for $130? LOL. Gears is the next Halo, no doubt about it. They will start milking it to death next. Which is really sad. People still want this thing but an over priced dewrag is going too far, woud anyone really buy that? Lol...
Avatar image for blindeffekt
#33 Posted by BlindEffekt (920 posts) -
Sentry said:

Yeah all im saying is its laughable... is it not? I have never spent a lot of money on something meaningless... DVDs? Those I can watch, be entertained by. A plastic gun for $130? LOL. Gears is the next Halo, no doubt about it. They will start milking it to death next. Which is really sad. People still want this thing but an over priced dewrag is going too far, woud anyone really buy that? Lol...
"
Even though its just a dewrag ( which is lol..i admit ), the object in question is kinda irrelevant.
A die-hard fan will be able to draw some abstract sense of entertainment from it, and thats all that matters.
Why i just happened to order a CD from Japan just for a couple of bonus tracks from one of my fav bands.
Cost a truckload, but to a collector/fan, its worth it.

Avatar image for sentry
#34 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -

Yeah, Gears of War fanatics will get a great kick of enjoyment off of Marcus' dewrag. XD

Avatar image for blindeffekt
#35 Posted by BlindEffekt (920 posts) -

Exactly.

Avatar image for bloodbath
#36 Posted by Bloodbath (85 posts) -
Maybe they'll go the Halo way and make it so that you can't even hold it, like how you couldn't wear the MC helmet.
Avatar image for omegapirate
#37 Posted by OmegaPirate (5642 posts) -
Blu_Magic said:
"There's no way it'll be that big.
"
Thats what she said
Avatar image for sentry
#38 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -
OmegaPirate said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"There's no way it'll be that big.
"
Thats what she said
"

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar image for blacksuitandtie9
#39 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (293 posts) -

Wow. Never thought Major Nelson was one to look badass, but there you go!

Avatar image for mole
#40 Posted by MOLE (331 posts) -

lol, some dudes in their backyard made that Lancer for Cliffy B

Watch

  
Avatar image for sentry
#41 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -

Yeah, we knew that since forever now. XD

Avatar image for tomance
#42 Posted by tomance (1128 posts) -

That the 900+ dollar replica for sale.

Avatar image for lightyagami245
#43 Posted by LightYagami245 (1161 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Yeah, we knew that since forever now. XD
"
lol. It looks cool, but I can do without it.
Avatar image for brukaoru
#44 Posted by brukaoru (5134 posts) -
Peacemaker said:
"That the 900+ dollar replica for sale."
For $900 it should actually work like a chainsaw!
Avatar image for blindeffekt
#45 Posted by BlindEffekt (920 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"Peacemaker said:
"That the 900+ dollar replica for sale."
For $900 it should actually work like a chainsaw!
"
And be able to kill real life locust

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.