What changes to weapons do you want?

Avatar image for samcotts
samcotts

2434

Forum Posts

253

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By samcotts

What additions would you like to see, or are excited about?
What weapons do you want ditched, or changed to be more or less powerful?

I think the flamethrower will be great, really suits the type of game Gears is. Also being able to attached grenades to walls will be useful.
But the main difference I want, is for the Lancer to be more powerful in multiplayer, because I felt that it's fairly easy to avoid being killed by it.

Avatar image for player1
Player1

4181

Forum Posts

6263

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Player1

I would like the burst shot to have a very powerful melee attack, now that it cam be used as a starter weapon in multiplayer. 

Avatar image for hulk
Hulk

448

Forum Posts

236

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Hulk

Hulk think the lancer will be much more powerful this time around simply because of the new client side hit detection making it so that your lancer shots will not be so delayed and you can actually connect on them without having to lead the crosshairs several inches in front of the target.  The lancer for everyone in the game should now essentially be like having a host lancer in Gears 1.

Avatar image for dualreaver
DualReaver

3790

Forum Posts

83

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By DualReaver

Reaver wants a fucking RPC; ROCKET PROPELLED CHAINSAW. ( If that doesn't make you yell "FUCK YEAH!" You are not  man.)
If Reaver can't have that he wants a shotgun that shoots nukes.

Avatar image for shawn
Shawn

3842

Forum Posts

5310

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Shawn

Something about shooting 30 thick looking bullets into a person just to see big blobs of blood pop out like I was shooting a blood bank takes away from the whole experience of shooting the lancer.

I know it's not supposed to be the most powerful weapon out there but it would be nice to see some armor damage or just visible wounds on the enemy. It would make me feel more accomplished.

Avatar image for hulk
Hulk

448

Forum Posts

236

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hulk
Shawn said:
"Something about shooting 30 thick looking bullets into a person just to see big blobs of blood pop out like I was shooting a blood bank takes away from the whole experience of shooting the lancer.

I know it's not supposed to be the most powerful weapon out there but it would be nice to see some armor damage or just visible wounds on the enemy. It would make me feel more accomplished."
Hulk really like the idea of damage to player models.  If there can be bullet holes on the environment why not have them on character armor?  They could do some really cool things like that especially with the Unreal engine.
Avatar image for efwefwe
wefwefasdf

6730

Forum Posts

694

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf
Hulk said:
"Hulk think the lancer will be much more powerful this time around simply because of the new client side hit detection making it so that your lancer shots will not be so delayed and you can actually connect on them without having to lead the crosshairs several inches in front of the target.  The lancer for everyone in the game should now essentially be like having a host lancer in Gears 1.
"
I can't wait as well. I played as host today on Gears of War and it was a piece of cake to kill the whole team.
Avatar image for twenty0ne
twenty0ne

3056

Forum Posts

2562

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By twenty0ne
DualReaver said:
"Reaver wants a fucking RPC; ROCKET PROPELLED CHAINSAW. ( If that doesn't make you yell "FUCK YEAH!" You are not  man.)
If Reaver can't have that he wants a shotgun that shoots nukes.
"
This. For sure.
Avatar image for homer
Homer

1366

Forum Posts

1

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Homer

A rocket launcher ( not the boomshot ).

Avatar image for blu_magic
Blu_Magic

2026

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Blu_Magic

The weapons are fine as they are now.

Avatar image for efwefwe
wefwefasdf

6730

Forum Posts

694

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By wefwefasdf

A sub-machinegun would be kind of cool. Probably wouldn't work well though.

Avatar image for ogcartman
OGCartman

4330

Forum Posts

8250

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By OGCartman

Bloody and more brutal.
A really good machine gun

Avatar image for c1337us
c1337us

5877

Forum Posts

56

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By c1337us

they need to substitute the chainsaw for other common house hold and gardening items. such as whipper snippers and blenders.

Avatar image for dovien
Dovien

35

Forum Posts

82

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Dovien

I agree with the showing damage on units comment, I'd love to blow off somebody's leg and watch as they crawl to cover and return fire.  Also give us the ability to upgrade armor, different styles, and stats.

Avatar image for alynablaze
Alynablaze

83

Forum Posts

-1

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Alynablaze
Dovien said:
"I agree with the showing damage on units comment, I'd love to blow off somebody's leg and watch as they crawl to cover and return fire.  Also give us the ability to upgrade armor, different styles, and stats.
"
That would be awesome! I want all of that!
Avatar image for callumrides
Callumrides

381

Forum Posts

515

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Callumrides

Have the beat down with a sniper weaker

Avatar image for sylosis
Sylosis

87

Forum Posts

2470

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Sylosis
samcotts said:
"What additions would you like to see, or are excited about?
What weapons do you want ditched, or changed to be more or less powerful?

I think the flamethrower will be great, really suits the type of game Gears is. Also being able to attached grenades to walls will be useful.
But the main difference I want, is for the Lancer to be more powerful in multiplayer, because I felt that it's fairly easy to avoid being killed by it.
"
I have to say, I don't really agree with you; firstly, I think the flamethrower is probably a bad idea and I can see it being abused it multiplayer. Also, unless you didn't know how to use it properly, the Lancer was incredibly powerful and with an active you could down someone in about one second. If anything they need to make it less powerful; considering it's the weapon that everyone starts with.
Avatar image for fusi
Fusi

21

Forum Posts

13

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Fusi

I want the Lancer Chainsaw Bayonet to not be unreved when show at, this should be balanced due to  the stopping power feature which slows you down under fire. However, I guess a fuel meter could be added, meaning you can't just hold it down and run at people around corners. It should recharge, obviously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.