Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Getting into Gears 3

Pobearo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pobearo

So one of my buddies plays Gears 3, a lot, and after playing through the campaign around Christmas I've been trying to get into multiplayer and get good. The problem? Everyone else is way better than me, almost all of the time. I played the casual game mode and did well until it kicked me out, and was in for a rude awakening win versus mode. I'm trying to get better, but I just feel like the gap between everyone else and me is just too large and I'm not improving. I consider myself pretty good at games like Halo and Battlefield, but the learning curve for Gears is just crazy. What do?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

If you value the game enough, keep going at it and you'll get good eventually, even if it's through getting your ass kicked repeatedly, or you can just decide it's not worth it and walk away from the multiplayer. It's the old problem of multiplayer games, if they're not popular enough then you start to see the less skilled players drop off, leaving only the more dedicated and more skilled players there, and after that everyone else is more or less screwed. Because of the skilled players having complete control over the game, there's never going to be a new generation of less skilled players to replace those that left, because for anyone new the whole experience seems completely impenetrable.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Just mimic what the other dudes do and use the shotgun, switch to the other button layout to make wall-bouncing easier, and learn how to instagib without aiming. I went in pretty cold to the series (I've only played it when hanging out with friends when the first two games came out, didn't get a console until like 09) when the beta came out and it didn't take long to adjust to the game. Just stick with it, maybe play horde mode and practice those multiplayer fundamentals against AI. Of course, I played it in closed beta and the game could be entirely different with new strategies or glitches being abused now, so I could be totally wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.