Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Just picked up Gears of War 3

dbene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dbene

I know...I know...nearly a year late, but I can hardly afford buying new games nowadays.....I wait and by them later when the price has came down.

Anyway, my questions is concerning the online campaign. How exactly does that work. For example....if I start a new online campaign and people play with me and we complete the first chapter then decide to quit.

What happens the next day when I boot it up? Do I have the option to play that same campaign by myself offline or do I start from the same point online and only the guys who played earlier can play with me?? or is it like an open game where

anyone can jump in at anytime?

Also, If I am not the host and play with someone else.........when they quit ...what happens?

Tygerbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tygerbite

I'm pretty sure people can just drop in and out without it affecting you. You should be able to start wherever you left off if you decide to play by yourself

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By laserbolts

The game tracks whatever chapters you have completed online or offline so you can continue on from where you stopped.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

@laserbolts said:

The game tracks whatever chapters you have completed online or offline so you can continue on from where you stopped.

This.

Though if you're playing in someone else's game and the host leaves then the entire match will end.

dbene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dbene
    @laserbolts:
    When I do this does it convert the game to a "regular campaign" or is it still an online campaign.
    Lemme give you a scenario. Say a start an online campaign from the beginning (another guy hosting) and we make it to the second chapter and he quits.
    Can I play on later from that chapter AS the host? or does it have to be converted on a regular offline campaign?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.