Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 4

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 07, 2016

Twenty five years have passed since the decimation of the Locust & Lambent threats on the planet Sera. However a new race of monsters have taken their place and JD Fenix, son of series protagonist Marcus Fenix, has taken up the mantle in helping to protect humanity.

Salts of War

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

Thought it might be a fun thread to post stories, clips, PM, of people losing their cool playing gears.

The following occurred for me after a ranked game of warzone. The player on the other end (GT:Anchove) is a guy who mostly camped with snipe on impact and rarely if ever crossed the midline of the map. The game became a 4v5 after the first couple rounds and despite some decent attempts by my team, we lost at the end of round 8, 3-5. When i saw the MVP ribbon pop for me at the end of match, i casually said, "Ha, still got MVP, suck it anchove" to the gentlemen on the other team and disconnected back to the menu to find a new match as is necessary to do in ranked. He then proceeded to message me back and forth for 30 minutes insulting me and baiting me into an argument that neither of us won but one of us definitely got more mad than the other. I pasted the transcript into pastebin for your enjoyment. Please share your other gears induced rage moments. The tears, after all, are so yummy.

http://pastebin.com/FAhBVuyU

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

eh... it's a MP game so it always has these people. I got messaged "Go back to Gears 1." Whatever that means. I don't even know.

I just wish the MP weren't completely dead on PC.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DharmaBum
    OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OldManLight

@dharmabum:

oh man that's bad. XD

@handlas i know man. i've been playing versus on Xbox One just to find a match. it's sad. hopefully they tear down that crossplay wall on PC to keep it alive.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually just read patch notes for an upcoming patch, I think? It said something about trying crossplay in different modes on weekends and they will collect data to see how it goes. Something like that. I hope that just means Competitive cross play and it ends up being permanent. I couldn't even find a regular Team Deathmatch game this morning on PC. Ended up having to go to Xbox and got in every mode immediately of course.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dharmabum: I have never gotten this angry at a game. At this point, why even play?

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That transcript you posted is among the saddest things I've seen in my life. Talk about lack of dignity and composure.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By soulcake

I am glad there's a hide chat button in BF1. Battlefield chat can get really rotten some time.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@quid_pro_bono: Don't worry; his Twitch viewers will buy him a new one.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bojackhorseman: he even messaged me like 6.5 hours after the fact to try to continue the argument, i just wished him a nice day and hit the block button.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BojackHorseman

@oldmanlight said:

@bojackhorseman: he even messaged me like 6.5 hours after the fact to try to continue the argument, i just wished him a nice day and hit the block button.

Just to clarify: I think the both of you look like complete fools. You are no better than him in this case. I'd be so ashamed if I was you. The fact that you decide to post this in an effort to ridicule the other guy, when you yourself also ends up looking like a complete ass, really shows a lack of introspection.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bojackhorseman: i'm not gonna argue, it was a dumb argument and i don't feel either of us was the better man. but if you can't laugh at yourself when dumb things like this happen, what can you do?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.