So where can I actually BUY Gears 4 PC....?

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My friend group and I want to pick it up but we don't know where it's available digitally? Steam? Origin? A windows store?

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

The only digital store it's on is the Windows/Xbox store.

Depending on availability you could also buy an Xbox/PC code from Amazon.

RainDog505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@sarnecki: It's a Windows 10 store exclusive...more specifically a Direct X12/Windows 10 OS exclusive.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

The Windows Store, so here, on your Xbox One or through the Store app on your Windows 10 PC.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah! I can't believe what morons we are thank you guys. It didn't even occur to me to check the Windows UI.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buy from the singapore store if you want a dealio. You gotta buy points cards from the singaporean microsoft store first then buy the game with the credits.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarnecki: It's a Windows 10 store exclusive...more specifically a Direct X12/Windows 10 OS exclusive.

Lmao Microsoft is a joke.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buy from the singapore store if you want a dealio. You gotta buy points cards from the singaporean microsoft store first then buy the game with the credits.

Does this actually work for every region? Say you buy 100 Singpagore dollar gift card. You can just enter the code on your ms account no problems? As i see it you don't even need a VPN to do this. you can actually just go to the singapore site.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sarnecki said:

Ah! I can't believe what morons we are thank you guys. It didn't even occur to me to check the Windows UI.

No I would say forgetting the windows store exists is pretty normal.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndrom said:
@konig_kei said:

Does this actually work for every region? Say you buy 100 Singpagore dollar gift card. You can just enter the code on your ms account no problems? As i see it you don't even need a VPN to do this. you can actually just go to the singapore site.

It used to be very easy a few years back, but Microsoft have slowly started to constrain the "foreign purchases". I've heard a few reports recently of people trying to buy games from other territories unsuccessfully.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want a deal, NVIDIA has been running a promotion for a while where they give Gears 4 codes to people who buy new GPUs. Ebay is full of those codes right now. Picked mine up for 30$.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:
@syndrom said:
@konig_kei said:

It used to be very easy a few years back, but Microsoft have slowly started to constrain the "foreign purchases". I've heard a few reports recently of people trying to buy games from other territories unsuccessfully.

hmm, i just went to the singapore store and i could add the point card to my cart but didn't go through with the purchase, because i was not sure if i could use the point card on my account

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By isomeri

@vierastalo said:

If you want a deal, NVIDIA has been running a promotion for a while where they give Gears 4 codes to people who buy new GPUs. Ebay is full of those codes right now. Picked mine up for 30$.

Wouldn't recommend it. I bought one of those codes, but Nvidia and Microsoft have since revoked most of the promotion codes. Apparently some people were abusing a bug on Amazon which resulted in "free codes" being spread around. Those codes wound up on Ebay and suckers like me bought them. Check your downloaded copy to see if you actually still have the licence to play it. The whole ordeal is documented on NeoGaf.

I've since got a refund from my Amazon seller and bought the game fair and square on the Finnish store. Someone's gotta pay some tax around here to get the economy going, right?

@syndrom If you already have the funds added to your account then there should be no more risk left. All that I've heard is that some people haven't been able to go through with the transaction once the funds have already been added. These reports were about the USA store, so I'm not sure if it applies to the Singapore store as well.

saispag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:
@syndrom said:
@konig_kei said:

To balance this with my own experience, I buy everything from different regions using a Revolut card and just changing the region on the MS site, sometimes a VPN is needed (Argentina and SA need one) but most don't

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh right, that thing happened! I bought mine from a Finnish IT-message board which is generally on the up-n-up. In this case too.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndrom: heres some better instructions http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/xb1_non_aus_digital_purchases_faq

I would link but I'm using the mobile site. Subsitute xbox store with windows store, just change your region and the store refreshes to whatever country. Worked for me with paypal that had an australian debit card attached.

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, downloading it from the Windows 10 store can be a real pain. I started the download last night around 12:30 a.m., and it finished, finally, around 4:00 p.m. The download bar was constantly displaying different things(47.4 MB of 72.04 GB for close to an hour, then eventually 72.04GB of 74.04GB, then 80.04GB of 82.04GB, then 7.4MB of 7.4MB for 30-45 minutes, then 47.4 MB of 56GB for an hour, then successfully downloaded, with file size of 21.3GB???). So, yeah, a total of nearly 16 hours to download 21.3 gigs. Oh, and try not to pause the download, as it might reset the whole thing, or will at least make you think so, even though it's still downloading properly.

The Windows 10 store is a dumpster fire.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

How do you see invites on PC? I had no on screen indicator, and I had to go in to the xbox app and join a friends game through his profile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.