Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War: Judgment

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 19, 2013

Damon Baird stands trial in this Gears of War prequel from People Can Fly, the developers of Painkiller.

So apparently this game leaked out today

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By LassieME

According to The Verge, Gears of War: Judgment has leaked, and Microsoft has said it would permanently suspend all players they see playing it, much as they did when Halo 4 leaked about a month before release last year. So I guess it's just a matter of time before everything about this game is everywhere.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good. Perma ban those fuckers.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Awwww shit!

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Good. Perma ban those fuckers.

But sometimes a leak is a store selling a game early. The prior policy was anybody who could show they actually paid for the game was free to play it. Banning people for that would be BS. But from reading the The Verge story, it looks like they are just reiterating their normal policy of dealing with pirates.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I couldn't possibly be less interested in this game. It's hilarious that you play as Baird apparently. Wow way to go with that choice.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SlashDance

A month early is pretty bad but console games always leak out at least one or two weeks brefore release... sadly. Well not always, but that's pretty common.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Funkydupe

@slashdance: What's the point of release dates if there are always corner shops somewhere leaking it to their friends and regulars? Maybe some actual enforcement of the rules can make this right. I'm not into punishing the players who in good faith purchase a game without knowing it isn't officially released yet, I'm okay with punishing the ones who know that they aren't supposed to be playing yet.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good tradition.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A month early is pretty bad but console games always leak out at least one or two weeks brefore release... sadly. Well not always, but that's pretty common.

That's a stretch. They're usually 'leaking' over the weekend, just before their Tuesday's release.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By LassieME
    Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Funkydupe

@damisterchief said:

Gears 3 Leaked, Halo 4 Leaked. All the MS exclusives always leak, Maybe MS is trying to lure out the problem before it begins

But anyways I'll buy this game cause it fucking gears.

I hear negative things about the game already. A shocker, ain't it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SlashDance

@kidman said:

@slashdance said:

That's a stretch. They're usually 'leaking' over the weekend, just before their Tuesday's release.

Are we talking about retailers breaking street dates or games leaking out on torrent sites ?

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So, the leaks are pretty much "yep, it's Gears"?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slashdance: What's the point of release dates if there are always corner shops somewhere leaking it to their friends and regulars? Maybe some actual enforcement of the rules can make this right. I'm not into punishing the players who in good faith purchase a game without knowing it isn't officially released yet, I'm okay with punishing the ones who know that they aren't supposed to be playing yet.

So basically you're just jealous when somebody gets games earlier than you can? If somebody paid for it, why does it matter if they got it before the release date at all?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

So, the leaks are pretty much "yep, it's Gears"?

Sounds good to me!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: Are you serious? I don't care about people getting games before me, they do all the time because of my geographical location. What I do care about is enforcement of agreements and that people who break them get what they deserve. Its about living in a society with laws and regulations. Release dates are set for a reason, but hey, I'm the jealous guy who can't let people catch a break because they don't have the patience to wait a few more days until it officially releases and then they can avoid perma bans from the services they use on a regular basis and this wouldn't have been an issue.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By GunstarRed

@artisanbreads: As much as I dislike Baird I'm hoping that they can do something more interesting with him, maybe explain why he's such a dick all the time. I'm probably gonna be disappointed, but I have my fingers crossed. People Can Fly managed to make even the characters in Bulletstorm likeable.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damisterchief said:

Gears 3 Leaked, Halo 4 Leaked. All the MS exclusives always leak, Maybe MS is trying to lure out the problem before it begins

I would be really surprised if this game doesn't turn out awesome. All the gears games have been so good.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Azurath

I didn't even know this was coming out, and I am the kind of the person who follows basically all game releases, regardless of platform.

Is there any word yet on it being good or not?

Also, I love and hate when games and stuff get leaked, it's normally really exciting, but it must suck for the developers.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@funkydupe said:

@damisterchief said:

I would be really surprised if this game doesn't turn out awesome. All the gears games have been so good.

A lot of people are upset about all of the multiplayer changes, though. It's supposedly much more casual-friendly; they've removed executions and the DBNO state; players spawn with a grenade now instead of a flash bang; run n gunning is looking to be a much more viable way to play; and many other such alterations. I'm not saying I'm against everything they've been changing up, because I never had the opportunity to really dig in deep into the Gears multiplayer, but I can understand why a lot of people are throwing their noses up as it's undoubtedly a very different, much more accessible, sort of multiplayer component than Gears past. Also, no horde mode, which makes me sadface.

Single-player looks like it's going to really great, though, and there's no denying that it's going to be at the very least a really well made game, with the same tight-controls and fluid gameplay.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Phatmac

Jeez Microsoft stop these leaks!!

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Optix12

Instead of instant permabans Microsoft should simply get in contact with those consumers and question which companies broke release date. That way they eliminate the source rather than the end user who has pretty much done nothing wrong but find a pretty sweet deal. In regards to if it was a store releasing the game early then its final game code and you would have thought it would have passed Microsofts xbox application stuff already before the store actually gets the game. That said if none of the reviewers have the copy yet its more likely its a torrent release which could probably get traced to the original poster

dOm_CaTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

everytime i see gameplay of this game i just want to go and play gears 3.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@laserbolts said:

@funkydupe said:

@damisterchief said:

A lot of people are upset about all of the multiplayer changes, though. It's supposedly much more casual-friendly; they've removed executions and the DBNO state; players spawn with a grenade now instead of a flash bang; run n gunning is looking to be a much more viable way to play; and many other such alterations. I'm not saying I'm against everything they've been changing up, because I never had the opportunity to really dig in deep into the Gears multiplayer, but I can understand why a lot of people are throwing their noses up as it's undoubtedly a very different, much more accessible, sort of multiplayer component than Gears past. Also, no horde mode, which makes me sadface.

Single-player looks like it's going to really great, though, and there's no denying that it's going to be at the very least a really well made game, with the same tight-controls and fluid gameplay.

Eww I haven't been keeping up with it at all but if those changes are true than that is pretty fucking dumb. Having everyone start with a grenade will be a nightmare. Grenades will be planted on every piece of cover in the map. DBNO should stay in as well. If they fuck up the multiplayer than I will not be buying this game. I dont care at all about the single player in gears games especially if it focuses on the worst character in the game fucking Baird. Well Jace is pretty damn bad too but fuck Baird.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@laserbolts: The grenades stick when thrown, but they have said they're about 40 or 50% less powerful and there's far less range on them. There is a ton of videos out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.