Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 07, 2006

Gears of War is a tactical cover-based sci-fi shooter from Epic Games. The player controls Marcus Fenix, a COG soldier who fights the Locust aliens defending their home planet from the encroaching Human invaders.

"Friends"... Sigh.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

So this dude I've played with on Gears of War for ages decided he'd play on the other team for once. I literally destroyed him with my chainsaw and he began acting like a little beotch, first blocking communications, muting me then deleting me, before finally lancering me down every single game after that (we were playing with mutual friends). Honestly, how annoying is that? I didn't glitch him, didn't do anything horrible to him like a smoke tag, nor did I FORCE him to go on the other side, and instead of taking it like a man, he turns into a complete a-hole. I honestly just cannot get mad at Gears of War. I play it for fun and I play it to be social. I certainly don't do what he did, so it's just so very alien to me how he reacted.

Anyone here react a little big more immaturely to losing a game? Anyone had this happen to them as often as it seems to happen to me?
    SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

So this dude I've played with on Gears of War for ages decided he'd play on the other team for once. I literally destroyed him with my chainsaw and he began acting like a little beotch, first blocking communications, muting me then deleting me, before finally lancering me down every single game after that (we were playing with mutual friends). Honestly, how annoying is that? I didn't glitch him, didn't do anything horrible to him like a smoke tag, nor did I FORCE him to go on the other side, and instead of taking it like a man, he turns into a complete a-hole. I honestly just cannot get mad at Gears of War. I play it for fun and I play it to be social. I certainly don't do what he did, so it's just so very alien to me how he reacted.

Anyone here react a little big more immaturely to losing a game? Anyone had this happen to them as often as it seems to happen to me?
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @SpawnMan said:

... Anyone had this happen to them as often as it seems to happen to me?
    Implying that this has happened before? What kind of people do you hang out with?  =P

Dude's a complete weirdo if he really reacted that way. You said you played with him a ton before? Why would he get so mad just because you killed him in a video game where that's the entire point? I'm so confused.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By keyhunter

The trick is to not meet dudes on the internet, ever.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By laserbolts
    He sounds like a douche to me. If you don't want to get ripped apart by a chainsaw then don't play gears.
    SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpawnMan

Exactly my thoughts... Glad he deleted me. :D

It was cool though, the very next game I met up with a complete noob who worshipped me. ; )
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

I forgot to mention that I did actually have a similar situation happen to me one time. It was on a much smaller scale though, so it's really not even the same.

Basically a guy that I played with in a match of Halo 3 thought I was good, so he joined up with me for the following match. He even invited me to be friends, so I was just like "Um, OK." The next match my KD ratio was pretty crappy. The result? This bro that was all cool last match left the game and removed me from his friend list.

I guess that one good match I had somehow gave him the impression that I could do that consistently. Dude was a jerk though.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Gears of War sounds like it has an awesome community.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.