Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 07, 2006

Gears of War is a tactical cover-based sci-fi shooter from Epic Games. The player controls Marcus Fenix, a COG soldier who fights the Locust aliens defending their home planet from the encroaching Human invaders.

Gears of war inconsistent guns

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Anyone else noticing the shotgun not registering on some encounters ie the shot going straight through?

I'd make it in the ultimate forums but I can't find them.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By colourful_hippie

Yup, welcome to Gears. The shotgun's hit detection can be fucked at times. I mainly chalk it up to a random fuck-up in the netcode or something that can result in the other guy killing you first even when you think you did the first body shot.

And an Ultimate version of the forums wasn't created on purpose

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@colourful_hippie: Though it's apparently even more inconsistent than usual in the UE version and they're planning on rolling out a patch to fix the hit detection or something.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope so have played gears online since the first can't remember being this bad plus the lancer is almost next to useless oh well

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so have played gears online since the first can't remember being this bad plus the lancer is almost next to useless oh well

I wouldn't say the Lancer's useless, though it does feel like it takes just a few too many bullets to down someone. Still, at a distance it can at least be good for providing suppressing fire and can also potentially kill a player should you catch them from outside of their view and can dish out enough continuous fire.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@yummylee said:
    @moody_yeti said:

I wouldn't say the Lancer's useless, though it does feel like it takes just a few too many bullets to down someone. Still, at a distance it can at least be good for providing suppressing fire and can also potentially kill a player should you catch them from outside of their view and can dish out enough continuous fire.

The pistol always seems way better for that.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:
    @moody_yeti said:

The pistol always seems way better for that.

That definitely seems to be case for a lot of other players, though I just don't have the accuracy to be especially effective with the pistol. In terms of mid-range kills I've had much more success with the Lancer.

Buddy900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ive seen alot of modded controllers when it comes to the snub. Its easy to tell when they fire the snub faster then the lancer can.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.