Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears Tactics

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 28, 2020

Gears Tactics is a turn-based squad tactics game for PC.

Gears Tactics

archimedes83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm hoping the GB Crew had an opportunity like some of the other gaming sites to get an early look at Gears Tactics. It seems right in Vinny's wheelhouse. I am excited for a new spin on Xcom. Phoenix Point and Mutant Year Zero didnt do it for me. Say safe and healthy!

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to port beg, but I hope this comes to xbox so I can have the entire series on one console.

Plus more tactics games are always welcome. I'm not very good at them (xcom 2 and those boss characters are impossible and mutant year zero was brutal as well), but I love playing them.

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It is coming to the XBox One but at a later date.

I'm very excited for this and will be playing it day one given that'll be available on the XBox PC Game Pass for $1.00.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big fan of squad tactics games, and since I have gamepass for PC I'm gonna try it regardless of reviews or lack of coverage.

That said, I'm surprised at how optimistic some people sound talking about it. If it's even above-average Gears Tactics will by far be my favourite Gears game, fingers-crossed.

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@theflamingo352: The early previews have been really positive on it. Sounds like they’ve really worked hard at differentiating it from XCOM.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I used to hate tactics games but have really come around in recent years. Can't wait to play this when it hits consoles.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MerxWorx01

By any chance does anyone know if MS games on steam download via steam or are they downloaded by the windows store?

This looks really interesting and it looks like it has a massive campaign but I still have download issues on the windows store.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merxworx01: Don't know about Gears 5 but the Masterchief Collection functions like any other normal steam game, only difference being it has an Xbox Live login.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot: so when master chief collections updates and downloads you see it's progress on the steam launcher download section? Thanks in advance!

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By conmulligan

@merxworx01: I'm pretty sure all MS games sold on Steam download through Steam but Gears 5 is free to play for the next 3 days so you could check this out yourself. FWIW, I used to have major issues downloading through the Windows Store but since the Xbox app rolled out those have mostly gone away; it might be worth checking that out instead especially since Gears Tactics will launch on Gamepass for PC.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merxworx01: Yep, it doesn't touch the windows store at all!

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conmulligan: I'll try to give it the windows store another go. I've owned Gears 4 for over two years. Maybe if it's all working as intended I'll be able to pay it someday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.