Gebel is a Shardbinder: a human who was forcefully fused with cursed crystals from the Alchemy Guild and used as sacrifice to summon demons. Unlike many others, Gebel survived his sacrifice and escaped, only to reappear ten years later commanding an army of demons from his castle (the Hellhold) in the outskirts of the small village of Arvantville.
In the English version of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, he is voiced by Ray Chase.
Curse of the Moon
In the companion game Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Gebel is a minor protagonist who is rescued by Zangetsu and, depending on the player's actions, can join him as a playable ally.
If Gebel is sacrificed, Zangetsu gains the New Moon Soul Art, granting him the ability to dash forward.
- Summon Darkness: Basic attack. Gebel attacks with bat-shaped dark energy in a spread pattern diagonally upwards.
- Immortal Metamorphosis: Default and only sub-weapon. Gebel transforms his body into a stained-glass bat, allowing him to fly in any direction. Consumes roughly 2 WP a second.
- Siphon Blood: While transformed, Gebel's basic attack is a horizontal tackle through the air. Despite it's name, it does not recover HP if used successfully. Consumes 2 WP on top of the 2/second drain the transformation costs.
- Quick Ascend: While transformed, hold down UP and press the Jump button to rapidly move upwards. Costs 2 WP on top of the 2/second drain the transformation costs.
- Cancel Metamorphosis: While transformed, press the Sub-Weapon button again to revert back to bipedal form. If in the air, Gebel will drop straight down.