Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Generation Zero

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 26, 2019

Set in 1980's Sweden. Invaded by machines. Fight back alone or with friends.

Generation Zero

archimedes83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone looked in on it or playing it recently? It looked cool when there was some coverage awhile ago, but it was still a little rough at the time. It is on sale on steam, so I'm thinking I might pick it up. Has it gotten better?

Thanks!

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

It is better than at launch. Haven’t played the newest update, but as of early this summer I thought it was in an okay spot. Still no masterpiece but dramatically improved from, say, how it was in the quick look.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recent reviews on Steam are improved overall, but people still complain about issues with the game that haven't ever been addressed.
    That gives me the impression that it has improved but still isn't quite living up to its potential.
    I've been trying to convince friends to pick it up with me to no success :(.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was just a part of the Humble Choice last month, so I'm excited to check it out. Of the folks playing, are you playing solo or with a group?

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've jumped in a couple times on free weekends and had fun with friends, but long term I don't know if its worth it. Looking for clothes is fun while you're seeing new stuff all the time, but eventually it becomes variations of colors of stuff you already have and hoping to get one you like with a stat on it. Weapons wise, I think all the base weapons have guaranteed places to get them but for higher quality its all random, and the same goes for weapon mods. Fighting giant robots feels pretty cool, until you've seen all of them and it becomes a game of hide in a house and shoot the guns off of it from a window and run when it shoots rockets. I ended up getting everything I liked about it from Fallout 76, and never had any interest in going back. Definitely would recommend playing in a group more than solo, but solo isn't terrible.

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really disliked it last time I played (free weekend). Played about 2hrs. It just feels unfocused, the gunplay isn't great, it just feels generic. It's not a loot shooter either if that is what you are looking for.

In a group it can be okay.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SarcasticMudcrab

They improved some fundamentals like inventory management, but it still felt like running around a BR map witj some ai in it to me. The robots are cool at first but theres no where near enough variety to keep it interesting for long.

The atmosphere of the game is kinda cool and I love the premise, just a shame they didn't do more with it.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game had a decent atmosphere to it and the AI robots carried plenty of threat. It just felt so barren.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.