Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Genesis

Platform »

After the cult success of their 8-bit Master System, Sega decided to give gamers a taste of their arcade capabilities with a 16-bit console. Known worldwide as the Mega Drive but called Genesis in the US, it provided graphics and sound a couple of steps below their popular System 16 arcade cabinets. The Mega Drive/Genesis turned out to be Sega's most successful console.

Buying old sega games...

themummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By themummy

Hey everybody especially genesis fans. I have had my system for awhile and have been trying to collect games for them. At this point i am just trying to get games but i love the ones in the boxes. Do you know of any sites that are good sega references for what is in complete game boxes ? Also if there is a list of how many copies of each game were made that would be awesome lol. 

Well right now I am trying to play through The Jungle book. It's getting kind of hard lol. 

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By buzz_clik

In nearly all cases (no pun intended) Genesis games only came with the cartridge and the instruction booklet. Sometimes you'd get something extra, but it'd either be advertising for other products and not really unique to the game, or some card or other to fill out if you could be bothered.

Also, this list might be helpful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.