Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Geoff Keighley

Person » credited in 9 games

An industry figure responsible for hosting a number of gaming TV shows, events, and award shows, as well as a freelance journalist most noteworthy for "The Final Hours" series. Keighley currently hosts The Game Awards and the Summer Game Fest.

Geoff Keighley Rips on Interviewer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By Evilsbane
    @ImperiousRix said:
    " I personally like Angry Joe.  I believe he actually does care about his "Angry Joe Army" and tries to give his honest opinion on whether or not a game is not only worth your time to play, but your money. He is a bit abrasive at times, but that's his persona.  It's ironic because honestly Geoff Keighley is very similar.  When he interviews developers he often relies on "gotcha" questions and confrontational questions he knows are going to make the interviewee sweat. In the end, Joe really was trying to get Geoff to answer some user questions (being a frequenter of BlisteredThumbs.net, I remember his solicitations well), and Geoff was aware that Joe had bad-mouthed the show in the past and that his audience isn't really part of the demographic the VGAs are aiming for.  So basically, Geoff said "fuck 'em". It sucks, but I think Joe needs to understand that that's business, and he really shouldn't have expected anything less out of Keighley. "
    Couldn't have said it any better.
    Volkodlak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#302  Edited By Volkodlak

So, what? 3 minutes of that 24 minutes video is actually the interview; the rest is this Joe guy I've never heard of stroking his own ego, and overall throwing a tantrum like a child... yeah, that tells me all I need to know about this douche; this industry seriously needs help if this is 'our champion'.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#303  Edited By beforet

I really like Joe, but he comes across really badly here. I stopped after a few minutes and maybe Geoff ups the shithead further in but Joe is completely unprofessional in this interview. He should have tried to get a spot after the VGAs and he should have memorized his points, especially regarding MMOs. I can't watch 25 minutes of this, but it seems like this might be one of Joe's worst moments. 

That and he seems to have taken this situation way too personally, which does nothing to help his cause.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Angry Joe is going to take you back in the past to rip off a game reviewer that likes to say ass.
    He's gonna copy the Angry Video Game Nerd and hope he isn't drowned in lawsuits. 
    He'd rather you didn't go to gametrailers.com or see the other copycats that plague youtube.

You get the gist.

gizmo88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By gizmo88
    @Diamond:  Couldn't agree more. Angry Joe comes off much worse in this video. But that's the usually the case for people who sport a pedo-stache.
    septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#306  Edited By septim

I will give Angry Joe credit for turning absolutely nothing into a story people have been talking about for hours...

Maybe Joe has a future in guerilla marketing.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I barely know anything about Geoff Keighley (I used to watch him on Electric Playground with that one lesbo-esque chick) but he seems to be in the right for shitting on Angry Joe.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I've never really liked Keighley, but I dislike this other guy ten times more. His one valid complaint was the lack of representation of PC games, and he couldn't even back it up. How the fuck do you bring up MMOs and not even mention Cataclysm? Joe needs to do his homework before assuming any kind of position of authority. I may not care for Keighley, but this guy was clearly still wasting his time.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#309  Edited By haggis

It's probably a good thing for Angry Joe that this happened. Maybe he'll realize that he needs to figure out exactly how a journalist is supposed to act before jumping into an interview unprepared. Sure, he got handed a raw deal, but any journalist knows that interviews get cut short at the last minute all the time. They need to be prepared to hit the major questions right away if time is short. And they need to be well prepared, not just with their questions, but with the actual facts. They need to not start the interview with a rant. Joe went into the thing thinking he was going to throw heavy punches and instead came out looking like an amateur. Which is no surprise, because that's what he is. Maybe his fans convinced him that he was more capable than he is. Now he knows better. He'll do better in the future, except now because of this video, we all know he's a pretentious whiner first and a journalist ... well, not second. Down the list. Damned far down the list.

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Faint

Just watched his video on youtube before hopping on GiantBomb and then I see this topic! :) I think that Keighley is a complete moron. He kept looking away and wasn't even paying attention to the interview. You can tell from his attitude he's more of a 'tv' person than a 'gaming' person. He doesn't represent us that's for sure. Angry Joe on the other hand is great :)

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#311  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

Wow, surprised to see so much Angry Joe dislike here, I mean really? I think Angry Joe is great reviewer, and sounds like a good person. Not quite sure why he is getting so much hate from Giant Bomb.

Avatar image for Unannounced_Fart
    Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By Omelet_Pants
    @Faint said:
    " Just watched his video on youtube before hopping on GiantBomb and then I see this topic! :) I think that Keighley is a complete moron. He kept looking away and wasn't even paying attention to the interview. You can tell from his attitude he's more of a 'tv' person than a 'gaming' person. He doesn't represent us that's for sure. Angry Joe on the other hand is great :) "
    I think you should cut Keighly some slack.  After all, this was his event (I think he is the executive producer), and he was being "interviewed" right on the red carpet.  Angry Joe started off by ripping into the VGA, so why should Keighly give this guy any respect? 
    greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#313  Edited By greennoodles

Okay, here is the thing. The second Joe said "I got a bone to pick" he should have known what was going to happen. I don't disagree with Joe, but he is in the wrong here. 

1. Keighly isn't putting on a show for us. He is doing what he has to do to get a Video Game Award show on national TV. Face it, there are plenty of low-key, respectful award ceremonies for video games and no one wants to air them. Keighly should  be commended for getting games the coverage he does, irregardless of if you agree with the way it is handled or not. Basically if it wasn't this, then it wouldn't exist. 

2. If you want to be taken seriously in an interview, you have to be respectful. He was invited, yet seemed like he felt a sense of entitlement. I have been doing a podcast  for 2 years about another topic and have never once been invited anywhere because of it. They let him in and gave him an interview. Now I understand it wasn't the interview he wanted, but if he handled himself better, and maybe just thanked the dude for giving him the time instead of coming off as he did, he may have gotten a better response.  

3. How does he not know who votes on these awards? If he took 30 seconds to load up their site or just do an internet search, he would have learned this. Instead he went in completely unprepared and and then used the benefit of time to bust on what Geoff said. 

Joe is the reason video games are thought of in the light that they are. The shitty green screen and entitled attitude is the reason good journalism is skipped by anyone who casually looks for video game coverage on the net. What sucks worse is that I don't disagree with the guy, I just think him and other bloggers could use a good dose of professionalism.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By NakAttack
    @greennoodles said:
    " Okay, here is the thing. The second Joe said "I got a bone to pick" he should have known what was going to happen. I don't disagree with Joe, but he is in the wrong here.  1. Keighly isn't putting on a show for us. He is doing what he has to do to get a Video Game Award show on national TV. Face it, there are plenty of low-key, respectful award ceremonies for video games and no one wants to air them. Keighly should  be commended for getting games the coverage he does, irregardless of if you agree with the way it is handled or not. Basically if it wasn't this, then it wouldn't exist.  2. If you want to be taken seriously in an interview, you have to be respectful. He was invited, yet seemed like he felt a sense of entitlement. I have been doing a podcast  for 2 years about another topic and have never once been invited anywhere because of it. They let him in and gave him an interview. Now I understand it wasn't the interview he wanted, but if he handled himself better, and maybe just thanked the dude for giving him the time instead of coming off as he did, he may have gotten a better response.   3. How does he not know who votes on these awards? If he took 30 seconds to load up their site or just do an internet search, he would have learned this. Instead he went in completely unprepared and and then used the benefit of time to bust on what Geoff said.  Joe is the reason video games are thought of in the light that they are. The shitty green screen and entitled attitude is the reason good journalism is skipped by anyone who casually looks for video game coverage on the net. What sucks worse is that I don't disagree with the guy, I just think him and other bloggers could use a good dose of professionalism. "
    I completely agree, well said.
    Avatar image for thewonderwaffle
    thewonderwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By thewonderwaffle

Never heard of Angry Joe before, but after watching the video he seems like quite possibly the worst interviewer I've ever seen, and this video is a very petty reaction to his own failures of research and lack of interview skills.  I'm not a big Geoff Keighley fan, but I hope to never see Angry Joe on the internet ever again. Seriously. This has to be a joke. 

I've had the video running in the background as I write tihs post, and he has said the same fucking thing about 32 times. Shut up Joe, if you really cared about what was wrong with the VGA's you'd let this go and focus on that.

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By stephengotlost

Angry Joe was the jerk.

...and the whole "take gaming seriously, guys!" approach is laughable.

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Faint

He didn't start to rip into him at all. He just started asking him his questions and Keighly wouldn't even pay attention to him and then said something stupid like Final Fantasy 14 didn't even come out this year and started making fun of Angry Joe. At which point Joe got a little worked up and said some things in a tone he probably shouldn't have, but really he went there just to ask him some questions, mostly ones that people had given him to ask, and Keighly showed him no respect. 

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Faint
    @thewonderwaffle:  He came up to him on the spot and said you have 2 minutes meaning he had to quickly determine the things he was going to ask him as he was only going to get time to ask about 1/10th of what he wanted to which included questions from his viewers of which he has thousands. He had done his research, it's just that Keighley wouldn't give him a word in whenever he would say something like "Gotta do your research Joe". Like when he said that in regards to his question about the independant game award, which wasn't 'why dont you have one'. He was saying that last year it was Indepedant Game sponsered by Mountain Dew which he found distasteful. He wasn't listening to anything Joe was saying really, and yes Joe didn't come across well but he was basically firing he was going to ask that he could remember off the top of his head. Also, his question about who decides the nominees was also asked by another interviewer at the press conference just a few minutes later after Joe had asked him and Keighley had put him down for it. If multiple people are asking the same question it's obviously not just him being a bad interviewer. I'm surprised everyone is siding with Keighley here to be honest. It's just not the GiantBomb way. I mean even when Jeff has spoken to him in videos, he just seems like an asswipe.
    greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By greennoodles
    @Faint said:
    "  He didn't start to rip into him at all. He just started asking him his questions and Keighly wouldn't even pay attention to him and then said something stupid like Final Fantasy 14 didn't even come out this year and started making fun of Angry Joe. At which point Joe got a little worked up and said some things in a tone he probably shouldn't have, but really he went there just to ask him some questions, mostly ones that people had given him to ask, and Keighly showed him no respect.  "
    The second he said "I have a bone to pick" it was on. i'm sorry, having done interviews before, and listened to a ton, you do not start an interview on the offense. You have to be respectful of not only the person you are interviewing but also the situation. 
    greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By greennoodles
    @Faint said:

" @thewonderwaffle:  He came up to him on the spot and said you have 2 minutes meaning he had to quickly determine the things he was going to ask him as he was only going to get time to ask about 1/10th of what he wanted to which included questions from his viewers of which he has thousands. He had done his research, it's just that Keighley wouldn't give him a word in whenever he would say something like "Gotta do your research Joe". Like when he said that in regards to his question about the independant game award, which wasn't 'why dont you have one'. He was saying that last year it was Indepedant Game sponsered by Mountain Dew which he found distasteful. He wasn't listening to anything Joe was saying really, and yes Joe didn't come across well but he was basically firing he was going to ask that he could remember off the top of his head. Also, his question about who decides the nominees was also asked by another interviewer at the press conference just a few minutes later after Joe had asked him and Keighley had put him down for it. If multiple people are asking the same question it's obviously not just him being a bad interviewer. I'm surprised everyone is siding with Keighley here to be honest. It's just not the GiantBomb way. I mean even when Jeff has spoken to him in videos, he just seems like an asswipe. "

I am not "siding" with anyone, and no one here is. I dont care about either guy one way or the other, I am stating that he shouldn't have expected more than what he got based on his interview style. It's shoddy journalism. You would never hear any of the Giantbomb guys start an interview like Joe did, nor would they blindside a guy with negative questions right before a huge moment in said person's life. If Joe had simply thanked him for his time, fired off a question, and asked if he could get more time at a later point, he may have gotten his 15 min. sit down, but with the way he handled himself, he should have expected that treatment.
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By AURON570

Does anyone here actually give a damn about the VGAs? I don't, and I'm not going to start caring now.

NeVeRMoRe666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By NeVeRMoRe666
    @theoracleofgame:  Geoff seemed fine. This angry joe character was a a horrible interviewer. He came right out criticizing someone's work at the beginning. And really, for what?

When you're conducting an interview, you have to be mindful that someone is volunteering their time for you. Those were perhaps some of the most inane questions I have ever heard- super immature.  It almost seemed like he was trying to be confrontational. He was ill prepared, and reeked of douchery. He wasn't even holding the mic properly; you never pull it away when someone's trying to talk and if they're speaking, you should probably hold it up for them. You don't need journalism school for that, you just need some manners and some common sense. It's just rude.

God, he's still wearing that same god awful coat. Man...

Looks like someone's feelings got hurt.
    Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#323  Edited By shivermetimbers

Even though he's a douche, he does have a point. There are way too many music categories...

NeVeRMoRe666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By NeVeRMoRe666

Pffft...like Geoff cares enough to be purposely trying to get Joe "on his back foot."

Ask anyone, ask Jeff, Brad, Vinny, or Ryan. You have to be prepared to have limited time to conduct your interviews. You have to be prepared for less than ideal surroundings. It's just the nature of the business. And really, a 15 minute sit down interview? The show was RIGHT about to start. Who does he think he is? 

Looks like he was near tears at the end though. Super unprofessional.

Soap_of_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Soap_of_Death

Keighley was rude but I don't sympathise with Joe. Channel Awesome and Blistered Thumbs may have a fanbase. However, at the end of the day they're just random people who review games, they sit themselves in front of a video camera, give their opinion on a game and then upload it to the internet. Anyone with a video recording device and an internet connection can do this. To my knowledge, none of them are what you call a qualified journalist.

The tantrum thrown by Joe is as unprofessional as his conduct at the VGA's. All he did was complain about the treatment he got. Was he expecting to be treated on equal terms with actual journalists? Should he have been given preference over the journalists there because he's the self proclaimed champion of the people? A representation of "real" gamers? He's just another guy with a website who reviews/bitches about games.

Geoff was prepared for Joe. Joe clearly displayed his lack of professionalism with little to no preparation, not maintaining his composure and convincing himself he was entitled to more than what he got. The Executive Producer of a televised award show has more imporant things to attend to, than to sit down and conduct a 15 minute interview with some guy who has his own website where he reviews games.

At the end of the day it's a case of someone overestimating their worth. It sounds cruel but it's true. Joe just records himself reviewing games. He was never going to become a good journalist without developing a certain set of skills and preparing for the situations he was throwing himself into. He'd be extremely lucky to be invited to anymore future events considering how poorly he handled this, he was exposed for his lack of professionalism. The 24 minute long rant about his experience certaintly doesn't demonstrate that he has any resolve to improve on his interviewing technique.

Joe should be thankful that Geoff even bothered to speak to him. He had a chance to conduct a four minute interview in a professional manner, getting his point across as well as obtaining worthwhile answers. Instead he thought that by announcing he had a bone to pick with the VGA's, that Geoff Keighley would piss his pants and agree with all of Joe's criticisms.

thecablekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#326  Edited By thecablekid

I met Keighley in real life man and let me tell you he is the nicest dude you will ever meet, and he let me do an interview with him. This dude is just a jerk, Keighley respects those who deserve respect in the Game Industry.

Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
    griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

We should stop talking about this right now we are giving this angry joe asshole what he wants, which is attention.

He is nothing but an attention whore and if we just stop paying attention to him he will go away and the world will be a better place as a result.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haha i thought it was entertaining how geoff totally just made joe get on his knees.  it was kinda joe's fault for trying to making geoff look like an idiot throughout the interview and the press conference.  so he had it coming when geoff made him totally look unprofessional

mm665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By mm665

If i was in Keighley  position, i would walk away when that moron asked "Why aren't there any MMO awards?".

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#330  Edited By poser

Note: that I only watched the video and haven't read all 17 pages of this. 

I think Geoff Keighley and Cliff  Bleszinski represent everything that is wrong with video games at the moment. But this interview was terrible, he just came off as an idiot and made Geoff look good.  The whole thing  reminded of the video below... but with more yelling....

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By CharlieTuna

If anything Angry Joe came out looking like a complete fool. Sure Geoff was a dick, ignoring him by looking at celebs and not giving him the time he was promised but Joes questions were ill-prepared and a little disrespectful. Like what does it matter what happened in 2002 with Jenna Jameson. Who cares about a MMO award, I honestly could not name 5 MMO's that came out in 2010 and neither could he. 

I do like his reviews, they're usually pretty funny but he should just quit trying to be some sort of a champion of hardcore gamers.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By mazik765

With all do respect Geoff Keighley is probably very busy during this time, and I can't blame him for not focusing on some no body who harassed them into an interview. And the little bit of rambling I did watch just told me that he's angry at Geoff for preparing for aggressive questions...isn't that sort of what a reporter in any field should expect?

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#333  Edited By thatfrood
    @poser said:

"

"
    Thank you for this
    rhodric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By rhodric
    @berserk007 said:

" Joe is a great guy who is  passionate about what he does and tries to come at his reviews from a real gamer perspective and you have to give it to him that he doesn't lob softball questions. I love how when the internet see's anybody new for the first time the first reaction is to shit all over them. I imagine more than a few of you shit all over Giantbomb until you finally migrated over from whatever other gaming site you called home.   Geoff Keighley looks like a complete corporate douche bag doing his impression of Tucker Carlson with his nose in the air looking down on anyone not in a bowtie. "

first of all, your "shitting all over giantbomb" comment shows how much you know about this community. most of us have followed jeff and co. since their gamespot days and followed them here out of loyalty and a sense of justice.

secondly, don't make the assumption that we are operating under some mob mentality. we are not bashing angry joe because he's new. if you weren't so biased, you'd see the same person we see, a whiny, annoying douchbag. i've known this guy since he did the army of two weapons vid, and i've hated him since then.

edit: just finished the video. angry joe is full of himself. he demands the executive producer of the VGAs NEEDS to give him a interview minutes before his show. it's pretty obvious geoff was nervous, and his mind was on his show instead of the interview. maybe if joe was more "diplomatic" and empathetic, geoff probably wouldn't have been a bitch to him.
    the fact is angry joe isn't a representative of me nor of the gaming community. he's just some dude on youtube. god his explanations piss me off so much. i'm fully in support of geoff now. hats off to him for handling him so well.
    LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By LackingSaint

I came into this not entirely sure who either of the people were, and as I watched I saw yet another casuality of large corporation display itself; common curtosy. There was absolutely no reason Geoff had to be so apathetic and turn away every five seconds, I don't care if he's busy, if I were that busy i'd still have the manners to look in someone's damn direction while they're having an interview with me after sending them out here from states away. Yeah Angry Joe is a little whiny but shit i'd be whiny too if I were treated this way; Joe wanted to go to the VGAs and talk to Geoff about what they're doing with the VGAs and how it can be improved, and instead he got some low-ball, half-assed sell at the very last moment. 

To be honest i'm shocked Bombers here are defending Keighley with "well this joe guy is a douche" and "well hey he was a busy guy", you don't treat people like that, especially not when you've organised their meeting with you. I'm sure Keighley is a cool guy and seeing other videos of him seems to agree with that ideal, but nothing forgives what he just did there.

And yes, Joe seemed a little ill-prepared for the interview, but what do you expect when the man gets his 15 or so minute interview cut down to 2 at the very last minute?!

Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By Vao

I see negligence on both sides. and everything I'm thinking has been said multiple times before. But getting into a fight on camera with someone then posting it online commentating every step of the way from your point of view leaves a bad taste taste in my mouth. One thing, Joe is known for his over the top "angry" persona, but drop that shit when your doing an interview. 

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By LackingSaint
    @Vao said:
    " I see negligence on both sides. and everything I'm thinking has been said multiple times before. But getting into a fight on camera with someone then posting it online commentating every step of the way from your point of view leaves a bad taste taste in my mouth. One thing, Joe is known for his over the top "angry" persona, but drop that shit when your doing an interview.  "
    He did drop the attitude, that was the problem. By being friendly and nice at the start of the interview Geoff wriggled his way out of all the questions, and by the time Joe realised and started to put the heat on him so he could get the answers he came to the thing for, Geoff was already out of the door.
    Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By rollingzeppelin
    @LackingSaint said:
    " @Vao said:
    " I see negligence on both sides. and everything I'm thinking has been said multiple times before. But getting into a fight on camera with someone then posting it online commentating every step of the way from your point of view leaves a bad taste taste in my mouth. One thing, Joe is known for his over the top "angry" persona, but drop that shit when your doing an interview.  "
    He did drop the attitude, that was the problem. By being friendly and nice at the start of the interview Geoff wriggled his way out of all the questions, and by the time Joe realised and started to put the heat on him so he could get the answers he came to the thing for, Geoff was already out of the door. "
    The first thing Joe said to Geoff was "the VGA's suck". How can you expect Geoff to give him any respect after opening like that?  

The worst thing about this is the video itself. Joe puts up a 20 minute long rant about how butthurt he is after getting his ass handed to him. How is that professional in the slightest? If he acted like a man and not a whiny highschooler who thinks the world owes him everything, then he would have sucked it up, accepted that the interview went bad, not posted anything at all, and continued on with his career as an amateur games journalist.  

You can only expect respect if you show some yourself, this guy opened with a dick move and ended with a pathetic one. His whole situation is faceplam worthy, don't go crying to your viewers if you cant figure out how to conduct a proper interview.  
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By owl_of_minerva

This thread should be locked already. It's long since served its purpose, hate on a guy who talks about games in his spare time. 

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Lifestrike
    how about we go to 350 posts, then call it a night.

this thread is way past it's bedtime.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#341  Edited By Enigma777

I don't see the problem.... except maybe that the Angry Joe guy makes himself look like a giant idiot.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By NakAttack
    @Lifestrike said:
    " how about we go to 350 posts, then call it a night.

this thread is way past it's bedtime.
    "
    i see your 350 and raise 400 (devil face)
    Olivaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Olivaw

Angry Joe is an internet celebrity. A small-time internet celebrity. That he managed to get a press pass and an interview with the producer of a TV awards show on the night of the awards is rather astonishing, and that he felt so entitled and self-important about his position, despite not actually being a real journalist and making a living shouting about video games in "hilarious" videos, is unbelievable.

Angry Joe is amateur hour and got treated like amateur hour. Geoff Keighley might be a jerk, but he knew who he was talking to, and it was not a journalist.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By fattony12000

Oh dear, you know it's going to be bad when that moron prefaces his own video with another video.

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Johnny5

Ugh, why, why. i don't even want to comment, but he says he wanted to be 'diplomatic' and then he opened with hostile questions. Then he didn't research his topics. He got destroyed, and then his video is half of his exterior comments. Then him pushing final fantasy, despite the company apologising for itself

Spooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By Spooty

Angry Joe is angry cause he got destroyed in an interview. Surprise! Maybe he should prepare more for the interview and not try to bring up the old shows problems like they are some fucking travesty to human kind that must be atoned for? Geoff is a douche, but seeing him beat up some whiny nerd on the red carpet actually made me smile (which is more than I can ever say for Angry Joe). 

Avatar image for thewonderwaffle
    thewonderwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By thewonderwaffle

Here's to hoping "Operation Payback" runs a DDoS on Angry Joe's site.
    Shrevey3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By Shrevey3

Angry Joe seems, to me at least, to be coming from a honest place. I felt pretty bad for him at the press conference i mean he was just trying to get some answers out of this guy and instead of being like fuck you Geoff you dont know he was straight up and honest. Also last year Assassins Creed 2 won best adventure game, beat out Uncharted 2 but then Uncharted won game of the year. How does that make any sense?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#349  Edited By Claude

I see a whole lot of nothing.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By TwoOneFive

christ, you would think this is FROST/NIXON the way he takes it so seriously. shut the fuck up you stupid wannabe. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.