Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghost of Tsushima

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 17, 2020

Ghost of Tsushima is an open-world action-adventure game set in feudal Japan.

im having a flashback...

g_rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

to dan, in the wake of rdr2, relieved to play a video game ass video game. im a tlou2 diehard but im still shocked how much of a breath of fresh air this game is!

PLUS for as much as the structure of it is "nothing new", the camera mode is a new industry standard and the mastering it seems very exciting to me :)

are you guys enjoying this as much as i am??

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

So far yes, I'm enjoying it. The combat has really clicked for me in terms of parrying so it feels good - all the more so after a couple of early game upgrades to parry previously unblockable strikes. Graphics are very nice - though not on par with TLOU2 (but i don't see anything beating that game for quite some time). I'd recommend exploring the hot springs near the starting area once the game opens up as there are a few things to discover there and a nice outfit (you receive when first visiting a trader) which is much more in tune with how I wanted my Jin to look (Less armour, more traditional). Photo mode seems fun - I do love a good photo mode. My one small gripe is I often times feel finding certain collectables is difficult and not very clear. I'm going to continue to enjoy and explore though - i'm staying quite close to the hot springs for now but venturing further with my trust companion Nobu.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it a lot; it's perhaps my favorite playing game of the year. That said, ironically I am not finding the motivation to jump into it all day long as I might for games I generally am interested in. I've mainly been playing for a few hours at night before going to bed. That said, still, I do like it a lot. I will probably start playing again in a while.

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

@ntm: I'm finding similar. After a while (where I'd normally continue on a majority of games) I have found myself choosing to stop. Currently in the early game I am finding a lot of the missions very similar so i'm hoping the scope of things widens soon to add a bit more variety.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Captain_Insano

@g_rex: Yeah nothing wrong with a video game-ass video game. Assassin's Creed Odyssey is, for me, one that I go back to (as I still haven't finished it) after playing something heavy or if I just want to actually unwind. I actually put a podcast on and run aimlessly around Greece completing all of the checkmarks I come across.

I started up Ghost of Tsushima last night and so far, even though it's slow going early on, I love the visual and audio style and theme of the game. Controls so far feel a little squirrely when fighting against one opponent (I might be an idiot, is there a way to 'lock on' your camera view to an enemy?). Looking forward to playing some more

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fetchfox

@captain_insano: There is a soft lock on, and you can choose your opponent by pointing your left stick in the direction of the one you want to fight. So walk towards your opponent, choose the appropriate stand for the type of weapon they wield and the fight will go a lot smoother.

This becomes quite vital when there are five or more enemies.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Captain_Insano

@fetchfox: Yeah the soft lock on I'm okay with - it's more when it gets down to me and 1 opponents, I'm so far finding it tricky to get good camera perspective on them and I'm missing some of the animation cues simply because I can't see them. Otherwise enjoying it so far

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fetchfox

@captain_insano: I agree, the camera is often not your friend. What difficulty are you on? For a moderate challenge i recommend hard. If you do a lot of side stuff it's really easy to get overpowered. It's a preference of course, some like to focus more on enjoying the story and world without the challenge.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The difficulties feel very Wolfenstein to me, where you pick hard if you wanna be taxed at all and the other two depending on the level of power trip you wanna go on.

The camera takes getting used to but I find that it controls really well for the most part. Unless you need to completely break from combat and then it flips the fuck out.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deathstriker

I've liked it A LOT so far. It's the best game of the year to me so far. It's samurai Red Dead with some elements of Witcher 3 combat.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is fucking awesome. As much as I loved HZD, I think this one is far better. Hopefully it receives the same PC port treatment HZD is going to have. I'd love to have another wallpaper generator! The load times are insanely quick compared to most recent crop of games. My standard PS4 is chugging away but the fan is fucking loud! That motherfucker might break soon and I will need to upgrade my shit to the Pro model. Maybe not. I will have to see how it pans out.

The combat is exciting and I almost never shy away from a good fight. The only boss fight I had some trouble getting the timing down with was that tengu asshole on the longbow quest chain. On the 5th or so try, I took him down without getting hit. Tight areas with a ton of shit in the way wreak havoc on the camera, however.

SonofSeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@g_rex: I want to play it, but I'm just afraid I'll get sick of Assassin Creednes super fast. Combat looks super good, and visuals are breathtaking, but the gameplay loop just screams wait for a discount.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.