Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 16, 2009

With a script edited and approved by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a sequel to the feature length films. Who ya gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

Ghostbusters Wii

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'm just making this thread with the excuse of a new IGN blog update about the co-op mode. Wii owners will not get any online gaming out of this, but at least we get a seemingly robust split screen co-op mode, where every level from the single player mode is available.

"The two-player option means that there's always backup, even in the most demanding scenarios. As long as one of them is on his or her feet, the rookies can revive each other, meaning the game keeps moving at a very brisk and exciting pace."

"But because Ghostbusters consists of more than just blasting ghosts, tactical choices and teamwork make multiplayer more than just double the "firepower." One simple and iconic example is that while one player is wrangling a ghost into submission, the other can throw out the trap that will snag the ghost."

It looks pretty snazzy too:

One thing that I find weird is that there are screenshots where you can see all the characters have proper shadows, while in others they have none at all. I hope the complete game is at least consistent, even if it's not one of the best looking titles on the Wii. It's charming, somehow.

Anyway, is anyone else looking forward to the Wii version of this? It's no big budget wonder like its HD cousin, but it's not a shoddy port either. If it's done right, capturing ghosts with the remote will simply be fun, especially with a friend over.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Godwind

I gave you a plus 1 for craps and giggle.  Anyways, I am going to assume this game is crap because it is being made by Atari.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Godwind
    Al3xand3r said:
    "The Wii version is by Red Fly Studio, the Mushroom Men guys. HD is by Terminal Reality."
    Atari = crap.  It doesn't matter who the developer is, what matters is that publisher somehow has games that result in really crappy products.  I have played modern Atari products and they suck.  Yu Yu Hakasho portables and Zoids: Battle Legends and Alone in the Dark.  Zoids: Battle Legends is probably the best out of all of them and it is still mediocre.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn
    Godwind said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    "The Wii version is by Red Fly Studio, the Mushroom Men guys. HD is by Terminal Reality."
    Atari = crap.  It doesn't matter who the developer is, what matters is that publisher somehow has games that result in really crappy products.  I have played modern Atari products and they suck.  Yu Yu Hakasho portables and Zoids: Battle Legends and Alone in the Dark.  Zoids: Battle Legends is probably the best out of all of them and it is still mediocre."
    Oh you mean like Ikaruga, Riddick, Test Drive Unlimited, Race Pro, Neverwinter Nights, The Witcher, N+, Champions Online... uh...

TL;DR - shut the fuck up.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

New video.

I was worried about the outdoor scenes for the Wii version, since they hadn't shown any. I was thinking they either suck, or they might have even removed them from the game altogether, but from the little glimpse we have here they look pretty good. Kudos to the Mushroom Men guys.
    TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#6  Edited By TobyD81

If the Wii version is different enough from the 360/PS3 Ghostbusters, and still good, I'm seriously considering getting both versions. I'd love to get a Quick Look on these games. As for the lack of internet multi on Wii: no big loss. Couch multi is a lot better than not being able to chat with the other dude online.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

I would like the GB game to be good in general, but I'm still very skeptical. However...the Wii version looks like far closer to complete shit than the 360/PS3 one.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

The first 20 minutes... Including the intro, gah, skip. But the game looks good. Though the player is kind of obessive about little things at the start. Destroying every little vase instead of just wandering as one would in search of ghosts. Oh well.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r
    IGN gave this an 7.8 and a solid 8 for the second opinion.
    "I really like the control setup in this game and think it's much better than the one Capcom used to power its survival-horror Wii port. As you move through the ambient locales, you can very quickly and accurately target both the interactive environments and the ghosts within them. It feels so much more responsive than anything you will ever find mapped to dual-analog sticks."

Video review:

1UP gave a B+
    "You don't have the same breadth of multiplayer options as in the HD version of the game, but the included split-screen co-op mode more than makes up for it. Unlike the stripped down "co-op campaign" mode of the other version, the Wii port allows you to play through the entire single-player campaign with a friend. Naturally, due to the constraints of split-screen, you lose a little lateral vision, but it's still a ton of fun."

So far so good :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.