Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War: Ascension

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 12, 2013

Before he was a God, Kratos was a man. A prequel, God of War: Ascension is the fourth major title of the God of War series, and Kratos' final outing on the PS3. It is the first to include a multiplayer component.

How is this really a prequel

Deadmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Didn't we get a prequel in the first PSP game? and didn't we get a bunch of background about trying to "free himself from the Gods" throughout God of War 1?

I'm not trying to be cynical, I have played all the games and love them... but I'm just a big confused since I thought that was the entire basis of the first PSP game.

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They must have more than one story to tell from his past, were the psp games supposed to cover all the time since he got the blades until the start of gow 1?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

It's a 'prequel' because it's the safest and most convenient way to contrive another by-the-numbers God of War game, without doing anything meaningfully different (well, except the multiplayer I guess) like a true sequel set after GoW3 would probably require, given the state of Greece by the end of it. Much was the same with Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta and why they were prequels. But yeah, I've been saying for a while how completely redundant it looks even by GoW prequel standards, given that Kratos is still the Ghost of Sparta, his family's still dead, he still uses the blades of chaos and so on, and yet this is the next big console GoW game.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

That's exactly why I have zero interest in this game. It sounded like Chains of Olympus' premise rehashed a second time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.