Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War Collection

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

A high definition re-release of God of War and God of War II for PlayStation 3.

God of War Collection trophies are super easy

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

Ok, so I just got this game today. I'm looking over the trophies and it looks like you can get all the trophies just playing through one game. The best part is that you don't have to play on different difficulties to get trophies.

Volgin13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Volgin13
    @ch13696: so you're saying its easy to beat the game in 5 hours and do that spiky thing in hades without falling off is easy? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Volgin13 said:
    " @ch13696: so you're saying its easy to beat the game in 5 hours and do that spiky thing in hades without falling off is easy? What the fuck is wrong with you? "
    Yeah those two are the ones that are bitches.
    me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By me3639

I was surprised no trophies(thank god) for beating it on the harder difficult levels. I hated playing this game on difficult on the ps2, and holy shit no way i could do god mode.

DBrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DBrim

It depends on your experience with the game.  I'm playing through for the first time and I missed a few trophies that I would have otherwise received.  Somehow missed the sex mini-game, didn't kiss the Nyad, missed a Phoenix feather at some point, etc. 

For the most part though, I'm getting trophies very quickly.  20 in 7 hours of gameplay (just got to the Cliffs of Madness).  In contrast to Fallout 3, where I got 20 trophies on my first playthrough (28 hours).

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ShadowKing7

I'm sorely surprised that beating both games on their Very Hard modes doesn't get you any trophies, that would seem like a no-brainer to put there for a challenge.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By mordukai
    @Volgin13 said:

" @ch13696: so you're saying its easy to beat the game in 5 hours and do that spiky thing in hades without falling off is easy? What the fuck is wrong with you? "

LMAO, Good gods man that section made me hurl a controller across the room with a big "FFFUUUUUUUCCKKKK" yell.  

@ch13696 said:
    " Ok, so I just got this game today. I'm looking over the trophies and it looks like you can get all the trophies just playing through one game. The best part is that you don't have to play on different difficulties to get trophies. "
    Thanks for the info man. I really didn't want to go through GoW 1 on GOD difficulty and GoW 2 on TITAN mode again. one time is plenty enough...LOL
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Volgin13 said:
    Spoilers. Now I can't un-know about the Hades thing.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By dbz1995
    @Alphiehyr said:
    " @Volgin13 said:
    Spoilers. Now I can't un-know about the Hades thing. "
    Yes you can

O_O

there you go.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ch13696
    @Volgin13 said:
    If you played it on the PS2 and know the game like the back of your hand then it should be pretty easy.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks

Nice to know. I should breeze through both when I get my copy, but I'm in no hurry having played both games to death..

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

cool, thanks for telling me. i plan on getting this game sometime in the next two weeks or so. i totally forgot about this game. i never played gow2 so it will be good.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

Thats because GoW are some extremely easy games.

DBrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DBrim

From what I've heard of them, the Challenge of the Gods trophy in GOW1 is NOT easy, either.   I haven't tried that yet, myself.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By MildMolasses
    @pause422:
    I'll disagree with you slightly. The enemies and bosses are not difficult. The real challenge of the games are in the puzzle/platforming section. The spiked floor and a couple of underwater sections have such incredibly strict timing, that they are really hard to do (well for me at least). The Hades wall has already been mentioned as well. The worst part is, that these things are difficulty level independant. I played throught normal, and they were excruciatingly hard. I played through on hard, and they are exactly the same. So I tried on easy, and they're the same. So those things are hard no matter what level you set it too, and that's why the game is challenging. 

Also, they don't hold your hand the entire way and tell you exactly what you need to do to beat a certain boss or solve a puzzle, or have hint text pop up every 30 seconds
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EVO
    @pause422 said:
    " Thats because GoW are some extremely easy games. "
    Extremely easy? Gimme a break.
    phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By phonics
    @pause422 said:
    You sound like a Devil May Cry fan or some shit.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422
    @Phonics said:
    " @pause422 said:
    You sound like a Devil May Cry fan or some shit. "
    You are pretty dumb then, because I was just stating what I find to be true. I actually like GoW games far more than DMC games..assuming that is just plain stupid.
    nnilley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nnilley
    @pause422: I agree. I have nothing agianst GoW, but they just don't put much off a challenge.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Bouke

Good to know, i'm way behind on trophies and i need a game (or two) to bridge the gap my friends have on me... Since they are Sony fanboys and already played the games on the PS2 and i never had the chance to play them, this is a better time then ever. And the games look so much better then on the PS2 (from what i hear, and the quicklook) so i definately picking this one up.
    ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShadowKing7
    @pause422:
    For the record, did you play God mode in the first game or Titan mode in the second?  You can't say that Titan mode in God of War 2 wasn't freaking hellacious....especially that goddamn "Protect the Translator" bullshit, ugh....
    BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By BawlZINmotion
    @pause422 said:
    "Thats because GoW are some extremely easy games. "

What does that make Prince of Persia (2008) then? :P 

And I agree.
    beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By beforet

Strangely enough, my game glitched and gave me the Spiked Column trophy despite having fallen off of it at least 20 times and dieing once.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kazzurak
    @Beforet said:
    " Strangely enough, my game glitched and gave me the Spiked Column trophy despite having fallen off of it at least 20 times and dieing once. "
    Its not a glitch. the trophy is generally "complete it at first shot" but if you die and have to restart at ceckpoint poof it forgets youve fallen off, so its pretty is 

On the other hand what i find difficult is the Bleeding Thumbs trophy in GoW 2 its all i need for platinium the whole GoW series (ps. it sucks to be stuck at such a point)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.