Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

Game totally unplayable

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nekroskop

I've been looking forward to this game for several years and I finally bought it last night. So I pop the sucker in and experience an awesome introsequence which last for 20 minutes, then freezes. I reboot the PS3 and the same thing happens. Every 20 minutes, like clockwork, the game freezes and stops working. I also encountered another bug where the sound and music loops. 
    This never happened with any of the other games I own, even the disc only ones. Has anyone else had similar issues with the game?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I have had no issues with GOW3, did you try any other games after playing this?

Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Korne

Nope, but I had a similar think happen with GTA4, and Folklore always froze at a non-skippable cutscene.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By EVO

Maybe it's just your disc? Mine froze once but that's it.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nekroskop
    @Bucketdeth said:

" I have had no issues with GOW3, did you try any other games after playing this? "

I tried Killzone 2, Yakuza 3, Uncharted 2, Valkyria Chronicles and Dead Space. All worked just fine. I thought it was my disc-drive that was giving up, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have a 40GB model FAT PS3
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Yukoei
    @ahaisthisourchance said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:

" I have had no issues with GOW3, did you try any other games after playing this? "

I tried Killzone 2, Yakuza 3, Uncharted 2, Valkyria Chronicles and Dead Space. All worked just fine. I thought it was my disc-drive that was giving up, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have a 40GB model FAT PS3 "
    Probably the disc.
    blackbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By blackbeard
    @Yukoei said:
    " @ahaisthisourchance said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:

I tried Killzone 2, Yakuza 3, Uncharted 2, Valkyria Chronicles and Dead Space. All worked just fine. I thought it was my disc-drive that was giving up, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have a 40GB model FAT PS3 "
    Probably the disc. "
    yeah, sounds like it could be the disc. see if you can exchange it where you bought it.
    Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nekroskop
    @blackbeard said:
    " @Yukoei said:
    " @ahaisthisourchance said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:

Probably the disc. "
    yeah, sounds like it could be the disc. see if you can exchange it where you bought it. "
    Oh, I'll get a new copy my country's tradelaws make sure of that, so I can return the product 30 days after the purchase without any problems.
    Thanks, guys
    white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By white

Do note that GOW3 is the most graphically intensive game on the PS3 - it is the first game to turn my PS3 off at various points during my run cause of (I believe) heating issues. I also have sound issues consistently towards the end of the game, like sound skipping, playing twice, or being out of sync with the cut scene.

It could be the disc, but it could also just means Kratos is battling inside your PS3, banging Olympian heads against the GPU.

Also, because of GOW3, my PS3 now has a slight case of YLOD; and I'm no longer covered under the warranty.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchScabby

Return it and get a new one.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Shadow

Sounds like a shitty disk to me.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By SSbabel

I've got to a certain point in the game where your jumping around the big hanging boxes, and my PS3 just switches off its fucken pissing me off.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Capum15
    @White said:
    " It could be the disc, but it could also just means Kratos is battling inside your PS3, banging Olympian heads against the GPU.. "
    That is an awesome answer.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

This is almost certainly to do with your disc, enjoy the game when you do get it exchanged for a working copy.

SmackmYackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmackmYackm

Make sure you dont have any excess dust or anything around the vents. As stated, GoW3 is pretty intense graphically. You PS3 turns it self off as a precaution so that it does not permanently damage itself. Frustrating for sure, but better than paying for repair or buying a new one.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nekroskop

Well, I got a new disc and it still didn't work, but after the patch it works just fine. No freezing or music looping. In the end it wasn't my console, but Sony's testers that didn't do their fucking job.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.