Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

WIBP (God of War III)

durog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By durog

edit: POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Finished God of War III, man that Zeus fight was a a 3 part *****! Cool 2d fighter start (Street Fighter Fan), then a less appealing fight in the heart of Gaea, and finally and even dumber fight in first person view. It looked like they tried to add that in after the game was done to add some variety. The last couple hours to the end left much to be desired, however the game in an entirety was gorey and epic in only the way God of War can be. One of the levels, I believe the Labyrinth, was the only environment I wasn't feeling. It seemed out of place with all these environments that span such great distances (mountain tops and top of titans). I didn't feel that great war feeling in a dark cave with big mechanical boxes, it just seemed out of place and not very memorizing as there other level designs. There was an issue with controls; I wish I didn't have to auto lock onto an enemy when I used Hermes rush, it would seem so much easier to dodge and counter that way. Maybe that would mess with the difficulty of the game, I don't know.

FAVORITE GAME MOMENT: Banging Aphrodite...Hmmmmmm there were a lot of memorable boss fights from Hades, Hercules, Posieden, and Hermes. But drudging around Cronos's dirt infected titan ass has to take the cake. I mean you are the size of a flea fighting on this giant moving enemy (level), WHILE fighting other smaller fleas (enemies) living on or in his body! It's crazy, insane and satisfying as hell when you take him down...By the Gods.

durog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By durog

edit: POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Finished God of War III, man that Zeus fight was a a 3 part *****! Cool 2d fighter start (Street Fighter Fan), then a less appealing fight in the heart of Gaea, and finally and even dumber fight in first person view. It looked like they tried to add that in after the game was done to add some variety. The last couple hours to the end left much to be desired, however the game in an entirety was gorey and epic in only the way God of War can be. One of the levels, I believe the Labyrinth, was the only environment I wasn't feeling. It seemed out of place with all these environments that span such great distances (mountain tops and top of titans). I didn't feel that great war feeling in a dark cave with big mechanical boxes, it just seemed out of place and not very memorizing as there other level designs. There was an issue with controls; I wish I didn't have to auto lock onto an enemy when I used Hermes rush, it would seem so much easier to dodge and counter that way. Maybe that would mess with the difficulty of the game, I don't know.

FAVORITE GAME MOMENT: Banging Aphrodite...Hmmmmmm there were a lot of memorable boss fights from Hades, Hercules, Posieden, and Hermes. But drudging around Cronos's dirt infected titan ass has to take the cake. I mean you are the size of a flea fighting on this giant moving enemy (level), WHILE fighting other smaller fleas (enemies) living on or in his body! It's crazy, insane and satisfying as hell when you take him down...By the Gods.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive

first person i've heard dislike the first person stuff. 

durog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By durog
    @TwoOneFive: Yea, it felt like it was added last minute. I don't remember ever seeing that mechanic anywhere else, seemed like they just wanted to add something different for the sake of being different.
    Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Quacktastic

The first-person Zeus stuff I could have done without too.  The part where you're actually swinging the chains - it felt drawn out.

Favorite moment: Hercules 1v1, I think.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @durog said:

" @TwoOneFive: Yea, it felt like it was added last minute. I don't remember ever seeing that mechanic anywhere else, seemed like they just wanted to add something different for the sake of being different. "

uh... they hinted at it several times throughout the game, in particular the first person view from poseidens perspective right at the beginning of the game.  
    durog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By durog
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @durog said:

" @TwoOneFive: Yea, it felt like it was added last minute. I don't remember ever seeing that mechanic anywhere else, seemed like they just wanted to add something different for the sake of being different. "

uh... they hinted at it several times throughout the game, in particular the first person view from poseidens perspective right at the beginning of the game.   "
    Yes, QTE's from Poseidon's perceptive, which I liked, but nothing where you take control of Kratos in a first person fighter situation, which I could have gone without.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.