Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War Ragnarök

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 09, 2022

Kratos' adventures through Norse mythology comes to an end in God of War Ragnarök.

I don't think that God Of War: Ragnarok will be the title of the next game.

cubbielover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I had assumed that Ragnarok was going to be the title of the sequel, but Cory Barlog has said from the announcement of the sequel that he has "Never heard of it," and earlier this week, the PS blog had the game listed as "New God of War title" and the Game Awards had it listed as God of War Sequel. Anyone else think this is strange?

Are there any other highly anticipated sequels that announced a game (logo and all), only to completely change the name? I could see Metroid Prime 4 ditching the number and having a subtitle instead.

glik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, the words "God of War: Ragnarok" never appeared, this is just the presumed title. Cause it's the most obvious.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was announced as "Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem" but it was pretty obviously a working title. Wouldn't call the font they used as a logo either.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Didn't they originally announce Gears of War 4 at E3 as just Gears 4, and then decided to put the "of War" back on it later? And then drop it again for Gears 5? I think that's a thing that happened. My memory sucks.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The GB wiki entry seems a little presumptuous when no employee has officially confirmed the title nor is there a credible leak I'm aware of. The subject of the game seems to certainly be Ragnarok, but it's possible the title could be something else. But I've never been very up on the wiki standards and practices here.

cubbielover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_: I forgot all about that one, but you're right. I do remember it being Gears 4.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

God of War: Ragna Rock n' Roll

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dad of War: Rocko’s Modern Rag

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not quite what OP is talking about, but I just want to bring up “The Next Great Sequel in the Saints Row Franchise.”

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, what a lovely War.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean the name makes sense from a Norse mythology standpoint but who knows.

I've the suspicion this isn't going to be a what a lot of people thing it is (a true next gen god of war) and will be out on both the PS4 and PS5 (enhanced of course) built from the first game. Faster turn around to finish off what they want to do with a story before they move onto a new project and PS5 exclusive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.