Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Apr 20, 2018

God of War is a soft reboot on the franchise of the same name. It sees Kratos and his son Atreus traverse a world of Norse myths.

Is there a way to play the entire series on PS4?

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have never played much of the seri3s despite it looking right up my alley. I've messed with emulators but always ran into issues, but I think I want to play through the entire series, or at least 1-3 and the new one. Is there a way to do this with just a PS4? I don't have any gaming systems right now but depending on how things go either before basic if stuff ends up taking a while or once I get settled at a duty station I was thinking of picking up a PS4 and Switch. Can you play at least the core games in the franchise on a PS4?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically...all of them are Playstation Now.

But that sounds like a nightmare.

mortonan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Unfortunately no. God of War 3 was remastered for PS4, but for the rest you'd have to look into PS Now.

If you can pick up a cheap PS3 you can play 1-3, Ascension, and the remastered PSP games.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

With the success of this game, I would not at all be surprised if the PS4 has a God of War Trilogy was in the works or at least the planning stages, but today is not that day unfortunately.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opusofthemagnum: PS Now is going to be your best bet unless you wanna pick up a PS2 or PS3 and play on there. The remasters on PS3 are quite good.

@nodima:Surprised that wasn't already on the pipeline in preparation for this newest installment.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we don’t hear about a remastering of one and two at E3, then I will be surprised. Although there does seem to be a slight distancing between the old games and the new one, so maybe not.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

PS3 is still the best place to play all of the old God of War games. There's a collection of all of them out there somewhere on PS3.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to port them to the PS4.

I'd buy an HD port of GoW2 before I would this new one.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OurSin_360

I am sure the super remaster will hit ps4 at some point, especially if the new game sells as well as it has reviewed.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ungodly said:

If we don’t hear about a remastering of one and two at E3, then I will be surprised. Although there does seem to be a slight distancing between the old games and the new one, so maybe not.

How so?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.