Very little is known about this masked prosecutor other than his obvious animosity toward Phoenix Wright and his insatiable love for coffee. It is said that he wears his visor because of an incident in which he had to "come back from the dead". In court he presents himself as confident, precise and unrelenting. He claims to drink seventeen cups of coffee during a single trial day and has an untold number of personal blends, his most popular being Godot #107.
Godot is Voiced by James T. Wilson in the English version of the Phoenix Wright Series
Prior to the main events of Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, Godot was a defense attorney for the Grossberg Law Firm by the name of Diego Armando. He had risen to become one of the top attorneys at the law firm, and was also romantically involved with a new attorney by the name of Mia Fey. After her first trial ended in failure due to the client's suicide, Diego began relentlessly pursuing the suspect, Dahlia Hawthorne. Eventually, she met with him and slipped him a deadly poison. Diego did not die, but when he woke up, five years had passed, and Mia Fey had died. Discovering that the closest person to her after his disappearance, Phoenix Wright, had failed to protect her, Diego Armando took the name Godot and began acting as a prosecutor. His goals were both to humiliate Phoenix Wright in court, as well as to use his connections as a prosecutor to insure that no harm came to Maya Fey.
All of Godot's Memorable Quotes
- "Justice is blind, but she’s not deaf. Sometimes you have to know when not to talk."
- "The true measure of a man is in the amount of work he does. That’s what I always say."
- "Always chase a riddle down to the end. That’s one of my rules."
- "A boy only gets one chance in his life to become a man!"
- "Anger is the last refuge of the pathetic. Preparation is the last refuge of the weak"
- "The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."
- "It's bitter today, too... Just like my destiny."
- "The world is filled with those who have said, "I wish I had never asked that."
- "Men are like colonies of bacteria. The more heat you apply, the faster they grow."
- "A bet’s only good when your life’s the ante."
- "We are all but travelers on a road of infinite points."
- "Men that are trapped by the chains of “Maybe”... can never reach their dreams!"
- "The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
- "Using the dark, aromatic depths of coffee to conceal the poison… Classy lady!"
- "A single drop of milk is all it takes to destroy the pure black magic in the cup!"
- "The world, you see, keeps turning, and we must turn with it."
- "Don't let the mysteries of yesterday mystify you today."
- "Only losers think like that, You've got to change with the times!
That's one of my rules!"
- "…The bitterness…Every time I get lied to, I always down a mug of coffee."
- " There’s no point in struggling. You’re caught in a snare. The relentless snare of the law! And I’m the one that hauled you in!"
- "It is impossible to predict what the future has in store for any of us.
This is precisely why people feel the need to judge the past.
And we of the court have been charged with the solemn duty of passing such judgment
- "There is only one thing that remains constant in this crazy world…The bitter darkness that lies at the bottom of this mug."
- "Everyone on the planet is an accomplice to something.
It just happens to be that in this case, it’s to murder."
- "If your mug is filled with black and bitter suspicions…The only way to get rid of them is to drink them down quick"
- "People are like books. We’ve all got a front and a back. You get my drift ?"
- "I can also say that darkness loves to play with the human mind."
- "There are 253 distinct types of bitterness in coffee. But to pick out each one requires total concentration and the use of all the senses."
- " The aroma. A coffee’s most reliable accomplice is its deep and profound aroma…"
- “Once you eliminate the impossible…whatever remains must be the truth.…No matter how improbable it may seem."
- "Add the pureness of milk to the perfect, clear darkness of coffee. Stir. Thats the state of the witness's mind right now - - a cup of cafe au lait"
- "So I gave her my last cup. With milk and sugar…To hide the bitterness of the harsh truth."
- "Hot nights and even hotter coffee… That’s what I always say."
- " …Humans are afraid of the dark. And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee."
- "Then one morning, my eyes flew open… from the smell of a doctor’s morning "
- "You should remember that there is no red in my world...these must be.. my tears."
- "The only time a lawyer can cry is when it’s all over."
- "I'm good 'til the last drop."
- "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee"