Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 29, 2010

Golden Sun returns on the Nintendo DS, starring the descendants of the original game's protagonists. It is the first entry on the DS, and the first in full 3D. It was released in Japan on October 28, 2010 and in North America on November 29, 2010.

Golden Sun DS E3 Trailer

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

For those who missed it the conference...

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Axersia

Thanks, for some reason I was asleep during the conference (though apparently this is the only thing I missed that I was interested in, so I don't really care).

But they're going for 3D now? Meh, that's kinda disappointing considering Golden Sun 1 and 2 were pretty much the best looking 2D RPGs ever, and they could've made it look even better on the DS.

Either way, I'm immensely excited for this game as the original Golden Sun was one of my first RPGs and remains one of my favorites. Finally after like a dozen hoaxes, Golden Sun DS is actually happening.

Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Xander

From what I have read, the game at E3 is mostly just a preliminary tech demo.  I also read that early work from Camelot always looks much different from their final product releases.

I agree, the fact that the game is coming is amazing!

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

I'm pumped for this game; however, I was 14 when the first one came out, and I haven't had a handheld since that original GBA. 

I'm just trying to figure out how I'm ever going to end up playing this as I have no other real reason to buy a DS (aside from maybe Zelda? I dunno, any suggestions?), and the only time I can really play games is when I'm back at my place which makes me wish I could just play it on my tv.

But man, I'm really glad I can complain about trying to figure out how to actually play this game after giving up hope on the series.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

if you still play games (I imagine you do since you're around), the DS is a good system to have. Plenty of gameplay variety. If you're interested in Golden Sun, there are plenty of other worthy JRPGs on the system for example. The DS does't lack anything, plenty of mainstream and plenty niche titles as well. It's really got not just "something" but a lot of stuff for everyone, imo.

CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

Yeah, I play games frequently, though since college I've been leaning more on PC and my PS3. I had my Wii here for a while. Super Smash Brothers Brawl literally destroyed an entire semester for my friends and I. It was a rough patch for all of us, and we ended up playing that game so much it bordered on addictive medicine. 

The DS has insterested me, but I guess I just haven't gotten around to it. Golden Sun might push me in the direction of that. I'm just enjoying the lack of money/time that post-high school life throws upon you.
    Tom_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tom_H

Golden Sun was the only RPG that I completed fully. It was the only game where I felt compelled to get everything there was to get so I will deifnitely buy the third installment of the series.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Pazy

Ive never actually play Golden Sun, whats so good about it? Since I dont have any love for the Golden Sun games the trailer to me looks like just another jRPG on my DS, but ive already own 2 im playing through and ive got so many more to even buy (and a lot of them are old and therefore cheap).

So can someone tell me why it was so good?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

It was a good JRPG. What JRPG you consider good and why? Story, pace, characters, exploration, combat. People like that. Mostly in 2 than 1. This is 3 so can be even better. The graphics show a lot of effort. It's also from Camelot. Camelot made other grand games. Shining Force 3.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ
    @CrossTheAtlantic:
    If you are looking for software reasons to buy a DS, look no further than right here. Im constantly updating the page so it will always be up to date. 
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic
    @AgentJ: That is fantastic. I've been scourering Metacritic, but this removes a lot of the clutter.

Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.