Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded is a first-person shooter for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 based on the 2010 Nintendo Wii shooter GoldenEye 007, which is based on the 1997 Nintendo 64 shooter of the same name, which is based on the 1995 James Bond movie GoldenEye.

My show's production blog part deux

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By billyhoush

I just released the second episode of my new show Bargain Bin and would like to get a few things off my chest in this production blog. This episode was shot the same day as the first episode Bargain Bin: Turning Point Fall of Liberty but as you may be able to tell we were both half in the bag.

Overall, I think the end result came out great but it took a lot of heavy editing as for each gaming session we record 1 hour of footage. It takes me a full night of watching through the raw footage with synced audio commentary to log bits I find amusing or worthwhile for the final edit. I edit using Final Cut Pro X (Apple lol) opposed to Premiere which I started to love earlier this year. I use FCPX over Premiere because it is much faster at handling H.264 files through some sort of voodoo magic.

Issue I have with this episode is that despite the fact we deem the game as a bargain, I haven't been able to find the Goldeneye Reloaded at a cheap price since it is still priced high by Activision. I was going to omit the episode due to this reason but choose to just roll with it as eventually the price will come down and I already spent 6 hours editing it. I hope people don't mind as we didn't know. Cam got the game as a birthday present a year or two ago.

Next time I shoot I'll make sure to take a photo of the actual game recording setup we prepare in Cam's living room each week so people have an idea what it looks like when we film these. I think you will be surprised by the audio recording setup. We always try to record two games per session so I already have two games in the can that I need to start editing. This is great because I'm usually a last minute post production guy. It's super refreshing being ahead of schedule despite the fact I still leave editing to the last minute. Sometimes you just need that extra pressure to get things done. I'm sure some students know what I am talking about when it comes to writing academic papers.

Anywho, hope you enjoy this week's episode of Bargain Bin. Feel free to leave comments, questions or suggestions and I will gladly answer them. And yes, I seriously thought Daniel Craig was a frenchman.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By billyhoush

I just released the second episode of my new show Bargain Bin and would like to get a few things off my chest in this production blog. This episode was shot the same day as the first episode Bargain Bin: Turning Point Fall of Liberty but as you may be able to tell we were both half in the bag.

Overall, I think the end result came out great but it took a lot of heavy editing as for each gaming session we record 1 hour of footage. It takes me a full night of watching through the raw footage with synced audio commentary to log bits I find amusing or worthwhile for the final edit. I edit using Final Cut Pro X (Apple lol) opposed to Premiere which I started to love earlier this year. I use FCPX over Premiere because it is much faster at handling H.264 files through some sort of voodoo magic.

Issue I have with this episode is that despite the fact we deem the game as a bargain, I haven't been able to find the Goldeneye Reloaded at a cheap price since it is still priced high by Activision. I was going to omit the episode due to this reason but choose to just roll with it as eventually the price will come down and I already spent 6 hours editing it. I hope people don't mind as we didn't know. Cam got the game as a birthday present a year or two ago.

Next time I shoot I'll make sure to take a photo of the actual game recording setup we prepare in Cam's living room each week so people have an idea what it looks like when we film these. I think you will be surprised by the audio recording setup. We always try to record two games per session so I already have two games in the can that I need to start editing. This is great because I'm usually a last minute post production guy. It's super refreshing being ahead of schedule despite the fact I still leave editing to the last minute. Sometimes you just need that extra pressure to get things done. I'm sure some students know what I am talking about when it comes to writing academic papers.

Anywho, hope you enjoy this week's episode of Bargain Bin. Feel free to leave comments, questions or suggestions and I will gladly answer them. And yes, I seriously thought Daniel Craig was a frenchman.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.