Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GoldenEye 007

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 23, 1997

A first-person shooter for the Nintendo 64 and a video game tie-in with the 1995 James Bond film GoldenEye. It paved the way for a long line of shooter games based on the universe of the British secret agent and is often credited for helping establish first-person shooters for consoles.

Creator Wants It On Virtrual Console, But Does Not Have Much Hope

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Martin Hollis has said he would still like to see the classic GoldenEye 007 appear on Virtual Console, despite chances of it happening being very slim. He said that the complexity of legal rights that have caused complications in the past are not likely to be sorted out anytime soon, if at all.

"There's always someone with some exclusivity agreement, so there's lots of lawyers...I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd love it to happen, but I can't see it."

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=8465

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

This has to be one of the most tragic cases in gaming. Oh, and that skin on the left of bonds gun in that pic? Thats the right side of bonds face.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Can't... Unsee... I hate you J.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Can't... Unsee... I hate you J."
    Hahaha, my evil plan is working SPLENDIDLY!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way Rare has been doing stuff with their N64 games, it's possible this could come to the XBLA. Unless the problem is with the Bond people, but I'm not sure if they would have something to do with it.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
    License_To_Bill said:
    "The way Rare has been doing stuff with their N64 games, it's possible this could come to the XBLA. Unless the problem is with the Bond people, but I'm not sure if they would have something to do with it."
    The theory is that a number of companies still have a stake in the game, including Rare(now owned by Microsoft) and Nintendo themselves, not to mention the current owners of the bond liscence. I dont know what the exact story is, but it's apparantly complicated
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60

What?!

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By keyhunter

They should just take all the assets from the game, change a few textures and character models, change the name to "COLD WAR ERA SPY 360" and change the dialogue text to something not related to 007. Release it for Live Arcade. Done.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.