Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GoldenEye 007

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 23, 1997

A first-person shooter for the Nintendo 64 and a video game tie-in with the 1995 James Bond film GoldenEye. It paved the way for a long line of shooter games based on the universe of the British secret agent and is often credited for helping establish first-person shooters for consoles.

The man with the Golden Controller

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Edited By Hizang

I never played the original Goldeneye much, I only really played the multiplayer as I didn't own it. I went to an after school hang out club as a child, and everyday after school it was either Goldeneye 4 player multiplayer or Super Smash Bros 4 player multiplayer. I was happy to play either but I enjoyed Super Smash Bros more, but from time to time I did enjoy a good old game of Goldeneye. However the game soon had to be got rid of cause a child had nightmares about it, so the game was given away, so that was the end of that. Then I bought the game for myself about 4 years ago, I never completed it, but I did enjoy what I did play, It just got to the point where I didn't know where I was going or what I was supposed to be doing. And I don't really have friends that want to come over just to play some Goldeneye, so I did not play it for to long.

When I heard the Wii one was announced I didn't really think to much of it, I was more happy of the fact that a N64 game was going to be remade, and that got my hopes up of further companies doing the same to other classics. But I was still happy it was coming out, and I knew I would buy it. Meanwhile I had discovered the modern day shooter, I had always stuck to games like Timesplitters before, but I soon grew addicted to the modern day shooter. Then Goldeneye came out, and I'd just got paid, so I went out and bought the Limited Edition copy that came with the Golden Classic controller.

Then I delved into the multiplayer expecting to have memories of nostalgia flooding back, and the truth is, nothing came back. What I saw was a janky shooter with non-accurate controlls and me running round shooting in every direction. Being used to Modern Day Shooters it was difficuilt to get my head round this game that was stuck inbetween moden day and retro. I played a few levals of the single player and started to get the hang of it. But then other games must have took my time as I put it back on the shelf, I didn't think I'd go back to it.

Now fast forward to the present day, 4 days weekend and I have only enough money for one of the two new games that interest me. Mortal Kombat or Portal 2, I went with Mortal Kombat, and happily so. However, PSN was down so I ended up sticking closely to the story mode, even more annyoying was Giant Bomb was also down. So for the whole of Friday I sat there and just played Mortal Kombat, I finished it in one day, about 3 sittings. Very proud of myself I might add. Anyway, with GB still down and PSN still down I needed a game to play. I looked at my immense catalog and then spotted Goldeneye, I popped it back in and it happend all over again.

I sat there and played the single player for hours and hours, even when GB came back I was still limiting my time on here so I could finish it before Tuesday (I go back to work). And just now I finished it, and after some thoughts I have come up with this...Goldeneye 007 is Awesome!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hizang

I never played the original Goldeneye much, I only really played the multiplayer as I didn't own it. I went to an after school hang out club as a child, and everyday after school it was either Goldeneye 4 player multiplayer or Super Smash Bros 4 player multiplayer. I was happy to play either but I enjoyed Super Smash Bros more, but from time to time I did enjoy a good old game of Goldeneye. However the game soon had to be got rid of cause a child had nightmares about it, so the game was given away, so that was the end of that. Then I bought the game for myself about 4 years ago, I never completed it, but I did enjoy what I did play, It just got to the point where I didn't know where I was going or what I was supposed to be doing. And I don't really have friends that want to come over just to play some Goldeneye, so I did not play it for to long.

When I heard the Wii one was announced I didn't really think to much of it, I was more happy of the fact that a N64 game was going to be remade, and that got my hopes up of further companies doing the same to other classics. But I was still happy it was coming out, and I knew I would buy it. Meanwhile I had discovered the modern day shooter, I had always stuck to games like Timesplitters before, but I soon grew addicted to the modern day shooter. Then Goldeneye came out, and I'd just got paid, so I went out and bought the Limited Edition copy that came with the Golden Classic controller.

Then I delved into the multiplayer expecting to have memories of nostalgia flooding back, and the truth is, nothing came back. What I saw was a janky shooter with non-accurate controlls and me running round shooting in every direction. Being used to Modern Day Shooters it was difficuilt to get my head round this game that was stuck inbetween moden day and retro. I played a few levals of the single player and started to get the hang of it. But then other games must have took my time as I put it back on the shelf, I didn't think I'd go back to it.

Now fast forward to the present day, 4 days weekend and I have only enough money for one of the two new games that interest me. Mortal Kombat or Portal 2, I went with Mortal Kombat, and happily so. However, PSN was down so I ended up sticking closely to the story mode, even more annyoying was Giant Bomb was also down. So for the whole of Friday I sat there and just played Mortal Kombat, I finished it in one day, about 3 sittings. Very proud of myself I might add. Anyway, with GB still down and PSN still down I needed a game to play. I looked at my immense catalog and then spotted Goldeneye, I popped it back in and it happend all over again.

I sat there and played the single player for hours and hours, even when GB came back I was still limiting my time on here so I could finish it before Tuesday (I go back to work). And just now I finished it, and after some thoughts I have come up with this...Goldeneye 007 is Awesome!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I played Goldeneye 007 on the Wii with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck combo. I really liked it. I played some online, but I'm not really a multiplayer type of guy. But the single player was fun and the classic mode was a nice addition. Once I completed that, I was done with the game and traded it in. Pretty damn good game.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hizang

It's a nice change of pace from the shooters of today, it was also a really goo Bond game, which is rare now-a-days
    TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By TehFlan

It's a good game. My brother still plays it online on a daily basis.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By melcene
    @Hizang said:

"Then I delved into the multiplayer expecting to have memories of nostalgia flooding back, and the truth is, nothing came back. What I saw was a janky shooter with non-accurate controlls and me running round shooting in every direction. Being used to Modern Day Shooters it was difficuilt to get my head round this game that was stuck inbetween moden day and retro. I played a few levals of the single player and started to get the hang of it. But then other games must have took my time as I put it back on the shelf, I didn't think I'd go back to it.
    "

This was how I felt about the game.  Because of that, I couldn't bring myself to play/buy it.  I did end up buying it for my husband on DS.  It played weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.