Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GoldenEye 007

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 02, 2010

GoldenEye 007 (for the Wii and Nintendo DS) is a re-imagining of the 1997 Nintendo 64 classic of the same name (as well as the 1995 movie it was based off of).

Daniel Craig Is Pierce Bosnan 007 in Goldeneye (PhotoEdit Thread)

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zonerover

Looking at the GoldenEye story the other day, there was one obvious mistake:

No Caption Provided
     So I'm going to fill the void - introducing GoldenEye 007 with Daniel Craig playing Pierce Bosnan, with the original for comparisons sake. [Edited to make more sense] And for the record, I know that Daniel Craig plays himself in the game. Somehow I think this Daniel Pierce guy just looks more 'authentic'.

Edited

No Caption Provided

Original

No Caption Provided
    habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By habster3

I wish this movie was real; Daniel is my favorite bond (Connery is close behind at second)...
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

Wait what? But the new game will have Daniel Craig as the character model. 

Creepy photoshop btw.  :P

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zonerover
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " Wait what? But the new game will have Daniel Craig as the character model.  Creepy photoshop btw.  :P "
    As I mention above, I know that. Honestly I was thinking of just placing Daniel Craig in front of Piece Bosnan, but as a Photoshop job that's far too easy. I wanted to get a little 'creative' with this. And yes, I agree that this transposed Daniel Pierce dude looks creepy.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Willy105

Bosnan's hair ruins Craig's face.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By spaceturtle
    @habster3 said:
    " I wish this movie was real; Daniel is my favorite bond (Connery is close behind at second)... "
    I actually liked T-dol very much. But my favorite is definitely Roger More, he's just the smugest!
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @zonerover said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " Wait what? But the new game will have Daniel Craig as the character model.  Creepy photoshop btw.  :P "
    As I mention above, I know that. Honestly I was thinking of just placing Daniel Craig in front of Piece Bosnan, but as a Photoshop job that's far too easy. I wanted to get a little 'creative' with this. And yes, I agree that this transposed Daniel Pierce dude looks creepy. "
    The way you worded it was a little confusing.
    zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zonerover
    @SPACETURTLE said:
    " @habster3 said:
    " I wish this movie was real; Daniel is my favorite bond (Connery is close behind at second)... "
    I actually liked T-dol very much. But my favorite is definitely Roger More, he's just the smugest! "
    Somehow I just can't go past Connery, the original Bond, even though most of the follow up actors are very compitent at the role.
    Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Clinkz

I miss Pierce... This just can't be Goldeneye without him...

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Gizmo

Brosnan is a handsome man.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spaceturtle
    @zonerover said:

" @SPACETURTLE said:

" @habster3 said:
    I actually liked T-dol very much. But my favorite is definitely Roger More, he's just the smugest! "
    Somehow I just can't go past Connery, the original Bond, even though most of the follow up actors are very compitent at the role. "
    Yeah, I get ya. I also am a big fan of Connery's work in the Bond franchise, absolutely. Like you said, he IS the original Bond. And it has been tough to fill his spot, but like you also said, they've all done a good job, (except that one guy which only did one movie) Craig included. I think by the time the next Bond movie is released, my favorite will be Craig as well. Cause he is a mighty fine actor.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @habster3 said:
    Exact same.
    zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zonerover
    @SPACETURTLE said:

" @zonerover said:

Somehow I just can't go past Connery, the original Bond, even though most of the follow up actors are very compitent at the role. "
    Yeah, I get ya. I also am a big fan of Connery's work in the Bond franchise, absolutely. Like you said, he IS the original Bond. And it has been tough to fill his spot, but like you also said, they've all done a good job, (except that one guy which only did one movie) Craig included.
    Actually when I said MOSTof the actors are competent at the role, I think the only person I was excluding was George Lazenby - Mr. Solo Bond. I guess he wasn't too bad, although he just didn't fit the role like Connery did. That probably was the biggest flaw with him at the time.
    Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Daryl

I loved Pierce. 

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By habster3
    @SPACETURTLE:
    I've got to admit that I was never a huge fan of Roger Moore, but I guess everyone has their own opinion.
    Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bionicicide

Daniel's 007 doesn't use gadgets. Horrible 007.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By gunslingerNZ

Wow that is bizarre, looks kinda like Kevin Spacey. That actually makes me want to see an image with elements of Roger Moore, Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig all merged together to create super Bond!

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By TheHBK

Where the fuck is Q?   A flirting with Moneypenny?  I think they went too far into this more serious and rookie bond.  Just one movie.  Because he seduces women but you dont see that in him because he is being a little bitch about getting revenge for his love.  
    Now pierce, you could see a guy like that having sex with all the women in one room.  And he was funny.  I think the best movie was Tomorrow Never Dies.  That one was awesome.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Gabriel
    @Daryl said:
    " I loved Pierce.  "
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I still don't like Craig. That alone is enough reason for me to not buy this game. The original had Pierce Brosnan, so they should either get him back, or (since it's an FPS) just never show his face or have him talk. I mean, when they made a From Russia with Love game a few years back they didn't replace Connery with Brosnan or Craig. 

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zonerover
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " I still don't like Craig. That alone is enough reason for me to not buy this game. The original had Pierce Brosnan, so they should either get him back, or (since it's an FPS) just never show his face or have him talk. I mean, when they made a From Russia with Love game a few years back they didn't replace Connery with Brosnan or Craig.  "
    Even in modern day FPS', the cinematic standard which they have to stick by surely means that faces and voices have to be used, so if they wanted to take the authentic route, they should have just got Brosnan like they got Connery for From Russia With Love. I have to admit though, I did find the deepened Scottish accent of Connery in the game to be very jarring from his younger self. Could a really, really good Brosnan sound alike be the answer to the purists?

Personally while I prefer Brosnan over Craig in the movies, as an FPS while you will inevitably see and hear Daniel Craig, its not going to be that big a deal.
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By buzz_clik

Brosnan was a good Bond shackled to some rubbish scripts.

@Bionicicide said:

" Daniel's 007 doesn't use gadgets. Horrible 007. "
    He's probably more in line with the Bond of Fleming's books, though. I like him as 007, but I didn't think much of Quantum of Solace. What a confused ADD mess that was.
    zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zonerover
    @Bionicicide said

" Daniel's 007 doesn't use gadgets. Horrible 007. "

I haven't been a fan of the newer 007 movies, but isn't meant this a reinvention of the series? As long as ticket sales are up, I guess they must be satisfying the mass market.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Pierce was OK in Goldeneye, but terrible in the other Bond movies he starred in. Of course, those other movies were terrible, so that may have contributed to my opinion.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By billyhoush

I think they should've just made a fake Bond and keep the game timeless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.