Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GoldenEye 007

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 02, 2010

GoldenEye 007 (for the Wii and Nintendo DS) is a re-imagining of the 1997 Nintendo 64 classic of the same name (as well as the 1995 movie it was based off of).

This game sounds woeful.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Synthballs

What in the loving god are they doing? 

You can yell at me all you want for wearing some nostalgia goggles but they're butchering a classic. I was reading this article just now and am outraged. They're changing story now? Can the evilness be stopped? I want me some Oddjob and Jaws aswell.  Not to mention they're changing around some levels. I know to not just expect a carbon copy game but this is all sounding like a Call of Duty clone now. Perks and whatnot.  

The only saving grace is 4 player split screen, but if thats in altered levels and no insane advantage with Oddjob then I don't think I want to take part in it which makes me sad as I have all these fond memories.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By davidwitten22

Go play the original Goldeneye 007. It's really bad by todays standards. Pretty graphics don't make it better.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Synthballs
    @davidwitten22:  I played it not too long ago and it still has a lot of its old charm.
    Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Sambambo

They should have gone to a system where they could make it look great and have online mutliplayer.

After seeing what it looks like, and the changes, I dont know how anyone can be excited.

gold_n_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By gold_n_eye
    @SuperSambo said:
    " They should have gone to a system where they could make it look great and have online mutliplayer.  After seeing what it looks like, and the changes, I dont know how anyone can be excited. "
    There's a leaked video on YouTube showcasing screenshots of the first level (i.e. Dam) running on the Xbox 360. I believe it was taken while they were working on porting the game on XBLA. However, that project abruptly ended due to legal issues in terms of licensing the game on the Xbox 360. Graphically, it looks a lot better than the Wii version and it would have been a legit port, not a remake. For those who are curious, here is the video: 

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Well, I thought it looked really cool in the E3 trailer... So you could say that I'm optimistic about it. Let's face it. Goldeneye N64 doesn't hold up to today's standards by any means, so I'm glad they're trying to update it. Just don't expect it to be as amazing as Goldeneye 64 was back in it's day, because that's not gonna happen.

darkknightbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By darkknightbob

The xbox arcade version is NOT the wii version

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Shaanyboi

Its 2010.  Perks and stuff are just a new standard.  

And judging from all your whining, it totally is just you looking through rose-tinted glasses.  Despite saying otherwise, you ARE asking for nothing but a carbon-copy.  "Altered levels?!  No insane advantage for Oddjob?!"  Yeah... that's called BALANCING.  Good games do stuff like that, I don't know if you heard....  And of course they're changing the story.  It's called an update, genius.  Suck it up and just play the N64 version if you're going to be all butthurt they aren't just porting the N64 version, choppy ugly frame for choppy ugly frame.  Holy shit...

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By asurastrike
    @Shaanyboi said:
    " Its 2010.  Perks and stuff are just a new standard.    And judging from all your whining, it totally is just you looking through rose-tinted glasses.  Despite saying otherwise, you ARE asking for nothing but a carbon-copy.  "Altered levels?!  No insane advantage for Oddjob?!"  Yeah... that's called BALANCING.  Good games do stuff like that, I don't know if you heard....  And of course they're changing the story.  It's called an update, genius.  Suck it up and just play the N64 version if you're going to be all butthurt they aren't just porting the N64 version, choppy ugly frame for choppy ugly frame.  Holy shit... "
    Way to show 'em 3 and a half months after he posted the topic.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel
    @Asurastrike said:
    " @Shaanyboi said:
    " Its 2010.  Perks and stuff are just a new standard.    And judging from all your whining, it totally is just you looking through rose-tinted glasses.  Despite saying otherwise, you ARE asking for nothing but a carbon-copy.  "Altered levels?!  No insane advantage for Oddjob?!"  Yeah... that's called BALANCING.  Good games do stuff like that, I don't know if you heard....  And of course they're changing the story.  It's called an update, genius.  Suck it up and just play the N64 version if you're going to be all butthurt they aren't just porting the N64 version, choppy ugly frame for choppy ugly frame.  Holy shit... "
    Way to show 'em 3 and a half months after he posted the topic. "
    Then again, the OP did state that the game was unequivocally shit three and a half months before it was released.
    Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Jost1

It's a fucking GREAT game. I'm honestly surprised at how damned good it is

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

I thought we didn't agree with Alex's reviews or doesn't that matter when he gives a Wii game a positive review?

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By IkariNoTekken

They changed the gameplay mechanics because the original mechanics haven't aged well and they can't release the same game as Rare owns the original level designs etc. It doesn't matter that Nintendo has the licence, as Rare are now working will MS and they won't agree to pass over the materials for the original game. It's impossible for Nintendo to re-release the original game when they don't own it. 

Oh, and MGM is involved in this as well as they own the film. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.