Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 6

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 05, 2013

The sixth entry in PlayStation's flagship racing series, Gran Turismo 6 hopes to bring a better, richer driving experience, including 1200 cars and new features like improved car personalization.

Gran Turismo 6 is real and GT 5 has sold over 10 mil

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Weird how it's not coming out for PS4. I don't get why they wouldn't want to push the system with this, it's a guaranteed sale for many.

I really hope they improve on the massive issues GT5 had though. Bought it at launch and returned it a week later because it was just a slow, convoluted mess of menus.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

yeah i'm sure it'll never be on the PS4... >.>

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It has most of the same GT4 cars in it still. I doubt they'll improve anything from GT5, they don't seem to really take feedback seriously.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Hoping they include paint options like with Forza. That's a staggering amount of cars.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Darji

@scroll said:

It has most of the same GT4 cars in it still. I doubt they'll improve anything from GT5, they don't seem to really take feedback seriously.

Wrong:

Complete new Engine, new Physics, New Coursemaker, You can now create your own racing leagues and seasons, livery editor faster load times, easier menus and so on.

New Game Engine

• Refactoring

• Compact, nimble operation

• Flexible expandability

• A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3

New Physics Engine

• New suspension and kinematics model

• New tyre model

• New aerodynamics model

• Technical

partnership

with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC

• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.

• Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.

• Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.

• Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts

• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)

• More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker

• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers

• A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer

• Players can form their own communities

• Various community levels from local and domestic to global

• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface

• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation

• Quick response

• Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By EuanDewar

1:23

Loading Video...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

This seems like an April fools joke to me.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jimmyfenix

Loading Video...

huh maybe there working on something for the ps4?

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By scroll

@darji: That says nothing about the cars being new. And we'll see how improved everything else is in the final version. GT5 looked great in previews and screenshots as well.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Benny

@euandewar said:

Loading Video...

huh maybe there working on something for the ps4?

Ah yes, because they're well known for churning out multiple products in a timely fashion

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems like an April fools joke to me.

Why? GT4 was also very late in the circle and I am pretty sure you will see a PS4 version announcement very soon. How is this a fools joke. Alle these new changes and features sound very good.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I found GT5 extremely disappointing, particularly in terms of the interface, progression, and online features, so I'm not really looking forward to this. Forza has become the de facto race sim series that I care about, and with that franchise continuing to grow and branch out with things like Forza Horizon, I don't see my opinion turning around on Gran Turismo any time soon.

Also, I'd be a bit surprised if there isn't some sort of PS4 flavor of this game. It might be a marginal improvement over the PS3 version, but there's a lot of value in just being able to say that your console is releasing with an entry in such a well known series.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jimmyfenix

I found GT5 extremely disappointing, particularly in terms of the interface and progression, so I'm not really looking forward to this. Forza has become the de facto race sim series that I care about, and with that franchise continuing to grow and branch out with things like Forza Horizon, I don't see my opinion turning around on Gran Turismo any time soon.

Also, I'd be a bit surprised if there isn't some sort of PS4 flavor of this game. It might be a marginal improvement over the PS3 version, but there's a lot of value in just being able to say that your console is releasing with an entry in such a well known series.

i want another burnout :(

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully this game will take less than three hours to go from disk-in-hand to gameplay. I've downloaded and installed Max Payne 3 on the PC faster than GT5 could run itself off of a disk, and Max Payne's like 30 gigs.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: I am willing to bet there will be a forza title announced next week as well.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found GT5 extremely disappointing, particularly in terms of the interface, progression, and online features, so I'm not really looking forward to this. Forza has become the de facto race sim series that I care about, and with that franchise continuing to grow and branch out with things like Forza Horizon, I don't see my opinion turning around on Gran Turismo any time soon.

But this is mostly the stuff they are changing.

First Trailer:

Loading Video...

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well, I hope this one isn't as much of a bummer as the last one.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@darji: Yeah, from that bulleted list you posted, it seems like they may have recognized a lot of the issues people had with GT5. It'll be interesting to see how they've attempted to address the problems.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I am so excited.

I am actually a bit surprised by how excited I am.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Having just finished the latest seasonal event and the 24hr nurburgring endurance race, I really REALLY hope they are working on the AI... the AI in GT5 is comically bad and they seem pretty aware of this given that qualifying isn't in the game at all....

but other than that, really happy to see that they have added at least one more real track, they are so much better than the silly made up courses!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@darji: Look if your excited be excited. Im just a little weirded out by the whole announcement. Its just weird that Sony kept a sequel to a huge franchise such a secret and then just announces it randomly a few months before it releases.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Darji

@darji: Look if your excited be excited. Im just a little weirded out by the whole announcement. Its just weird that Sony kept a sequel to a huge franchise such a secret and then just announces it randomly a few months before it releases.

Better than announce it 5 years in front like last time. But fact is they created a complete new game and did not only upgrade it. Demo will be out in July so we will see about that.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm extremely excited about this. I love GT5 and still play it, yeah all the menus and other stuff could be a lot better but the driving model is unmatched by anything else I've ever played.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now pumped to see MS's next Gen car game.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know many people don't understand why Sony doesn't release this on PS4, but I like it that they release one last big first party game on the current gen. They did the same with PS2 and God of War 2 and I appreciated that.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

@alekss said:

I know many people don't understand why Sony doesn't release this on PS4, but I like it that they release one last big first party game on the current gen. They did the same with PS2 and God of War 2 and I appreciated that.

Pretty sure this will come to the PS4 as a launch title (or close to launch) with either the DLC content included or better looking car models/tracks, similar to GT-HD but a proper game this time.

I only say this because they have gone to the effort of making a new engine, why would you do that for a system that's about to be put aside by Sony...

TangoUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quite clear that this is a blatant money grab. It was too much to hope for but PD clearly have not learnt a thing from the GT5 debacle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.