Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 7

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 04, 2022

The seventh main entry in Polyphony Digital's driving simulator franchise.

New trailer is here!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello, there motorsport fans!

In this trailer, I get to see some nostalgia content which includes cars (Toyota Supra Castrol JGTC, Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Pennzoil JGTC, etc) and a circuit (High-Speed Ring), well I hope this will have a huge amount of content when it launches.

I'm so glad that they also bring back body kit customization for JDMs too!

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Seeing how the menus are implemented really did look like "nostalgic content" because they still look quite dysfunctional. And I can't really say that I was wowed by the graphics. The game doesn't look bad by any stretch, but the weather effects for example seem a step back from Forza Motorsport 7 which came out 4 years ago.

All that being said I haven't played a Gran Turismo game in earnest since GT5 and there's no new mainline Forza coming out so I guess I'll pick this up.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gtxforza
    @isomeri said:

Seeing how the menus are implemented really did look like "nostalgic content" because they still look quite dysfunctional. And I can't really say that I was wowed by the graphics. The game doesn't look bad by any stretch, but the weather effects for example seem a step back from Forza Motorsport 7 which came out 4 years ago.

All that being said I haven't played a Gran Turismo game in earnest since GT5 and there's no new mainline Forza coming out so I guess I'll pick this up.

To me, it seems this and Forza Motorsport 7's weather effects both took inspiration from Evolution Studio's Driveclub.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#4 ZombiePie  Online

I am just grateful the game looks like it is nearing a shippable state. I really think it is best for Polyphony to get something out soon and then support it post-release an appropriate number of years with new content packs.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

"Hey, boss. The new asset render pass is done. What do you think?"

"NO! I keep telling you...MORE REFLECTIONS!!"

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am just grateful the game looks like it is nearing a shippable state. I really think it is best for Polyphony to get something out soon and then support it post-release an appropriate number of years with new content packs.

I hope this game will have a lot of good post-launch content.

bitbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uninformed question alert: I have never played a GT game. The driving disciplines and more simulationy feel seems similar to Forza Motorsport but do they do anything different and/or interesting with the structure of the game? I guess the actual question is, what makes a GT game a GT game and not a FM game?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gtxforza

@bitbat: If you already played any installment of Forza Motorsport, then it's up to you to give it a try on Gran Turismo.

For myself, I was a fan of Gran Turismo first then I gave a try on Forza Motorsport then end up loving both of them.

Some contents in the GT series which Forza Motorsport doesn't have like Vision GT Concept Cars (Commissioned by Polyphony Digital to various manufacturers to design for them) for example.

However, both series have their own original circuits though.

Example:
    Gran Turismo has Trial Mountain Circuit while Forza Motorsport has Camino Viejo.

Edit: I doubt that you have played any installment of Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport before.

TheMaxDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I got really into GT5 on ps3 with my first official GT logitech wheel. Then the ps4 didn't support the wheel without some teensy board laptop hack pass through. I was so annoyed. Kind of ruined GT sport for me. The VR was good fun though.

I don't enjoy playing GT games without a wheel now, but having a wheel set up in my living room.....

Its the same as VR. I know its fun and better and I enjoy it a lot, but I'm too tired to bother with all the wires and trying to get comfortable. Moan moan moan. Anyway. Yes I'm excited for new GT, but I think I'll have to get a new wheel to actually enjoy it.and wheels are so expensive

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got really into GT5 on ps3 with my first official GT logitech wheel. Then the ps4 didn't support the wheel without some teensy board laptop hack pass through. I was so annoyed. Kind of ruined GT sport for me. The VR was good fun though.

I don't enjoy playing GT games without a wheel now, but having a wheel set up in my living room.....

Its the same as VR. I know its fun and better and I enjoy it a lot, but I'm too tired to bother with all the wires and trying to get comfortable. Moan moan moan. Anyway. Yes I'm excited for new GT, but I think I'll have to get a new wheel to actually enjoy it.and wheels are so expensive

I hope you would able to save up money before you can buy a new wheel with force-feedback along with GT7 (Either PS4 or PS5 version).

bitbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bitbat

@gtxforza: not sure why you are doubting it but if you must know I have played FM games, the last one being 7. Hence my question, what makes GT games different.

To be honest I was hoping that GT would have some sort of connecting tissue between the racing that would propel you through the game. I thought that FM7 was really lacking in that department. I don’t mean a narrative necessarily, just some sort of foundation so that you can build your narratives

on top. I thought that GT games had some sort of license system but I don’t know if it’s still in there.

The car and track differences don’t really do it for me as I think they have more than enough in there already. I would actually prefer less cars as it’s a bit overwhelming.

Thank you for pointing out the differences though!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bitbat: For both of their gameplay experience-wise, they're both pretty similar, oh another difference, GT has driving school mode (Which teaches players how to improve while earning virtual in-game racing license so they can participate in game career mode races to progress through) which Forza Motorsport doesn't even have.

There is no doubt that both are simcades and lower grades compared to iRacing, Assetto Corsa Competizione and Automobilista 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.