Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 7

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 04, 2022

The seventh main entry in Polyphony Digital's driving simulator franchise.

Update: This game has received good reviews despite negative user scores

• 56 results
    gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear motorsport fans!

Old info:

In the months prior to Gran Turismo 7 receiving reviews, I was anticipating this game to score between 80 to 90 on Metacritic then today, it scored 88, oh YES! meanwhile, Forza Motorsport Reboot (Another Simcade) still hasn't released another trailer yet as I guess that the developer is too busy developing the game as they couldn't make a new trailer yet so I guess they may show up by E3 2022.

Updated info:

It's unfortunate that this game is containing a lot of features that the fanbase doesn't like such as microtransaction, online DRM, etc.

Sidenotes:

Here are the two reasons why Forza Horizon 5 is not comparable to Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Motorsport Reboot? because

• Forza Horizon 5 is an open-world arcade racer so it is more recommended to compare it to Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown instead because it's going to be an open-world arcade racer as well.
    • Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Motorsport Reboot are both Simcade circuit racers.

However, there are players that personally don't like Simcades or any sort of photo realistic car games in general so they wouldn't enjoy them.

Edit: Metacritic scores will change a couple of days after its release, due to newer reviews being submitted.

Nitro1183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I agree completely. They are very different games and have their own reasons to play. I have not played a Gran Turismo since GT4. I think my favorites are tied between 2 and 3. I actually was itching for sim racing recently and fired up FM7 and it's still fun. Not the best entry but it scratched my itch. I wish I could find a PS5 at the same time I have extra money so I could enjoy the next entry. It looks amazing. I can only seem to find bundles for around $700 at the game stop every now and then and I usually dipped into my extra money days before the manager texts me. Then when I build my cash back up they are nowhere to be found. I hope that Jeff G (not grub) does a quicklook for this game.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gtxforza
    @nitro1183 said:

I agree completely. They are very different games and have their own reasons to play. I have not played a Gran Turismo since GT4. I think my favorites are tied between 2 and 3. I actually was itching for sim racing recently and fired up FM7 and it's still fun. Not the best entry but it scratched my itch. I wish I could find a PS5 at the same time I have extra money so I could enjoy the next entry. It looks amazing. I can only seem to find bundles for around $700 at the game stop every now and then and I usually dipped into my extra money days before the manager texts me. Then when I build my cash back up they are nowhere to be found. I hope that Jeff G (not grub) does a quicklook for this game.

To me, Forza Motorsport Reboot is going to be even better than Forza Motorsport 7, by having improved physics, tire compound change during pitstops and much more.

goosemunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a huge GT fan (or any racing games in general) but I can say that what GT series gets right, compared to every other game in competition, is the 3rd person camera view.

The problem with 3rd person view in most racing games (including sim-y ones like Forza Motorsport) is that the camera points toward the direction of momentum instead of where the car is heading. It means the camera reaction is always delayed, so not only does it feel unresponsive, it's easy to oversteer and fishtail. It's perfectly fine in arcady games like NFS or Horzon series (and you can get used to it to some degree), but if responsiveness is key, then you had to stick with either hood or cockpit view, limiting visibility. So yeah pick your poison there.

GT series also used to have this problem (until 4 I think) but they started locking the camera in 3rd person view to where the car is pointing unless the car spins out of control, so the driving feels super responsive without having to switch to hood/cockpit view and limiting visibility. It's a no-compromise experience.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gtxforza

@goosemunch: For me in the Gran Turismo series and Forza Motorsport series, I prefer 1st person view because I use the racing wheel which gives me more precision in terms of car control.

Meanwhile, in arcade racers such as Need For Speed, Test Drive, Forza Horizon, Project Gotham Racing and Driveclub, I prefer 3rd person view while using the controller pad because arcade-style racing games feature more forgiving physics and less physical momentum, making them feel more like playing with radio control cars.

VikingRk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In GT Sport (on a controller) I found myself using 3rd person at first anytime I was in a new car on a new track because it gave me a broad idea of how the car was handling. Then I'd switch to the first person where you can see the hood because ultimately it gives you a much finer feel for what the car is doing. The PS5 controller does a pretty good job of giving you feedback. I hear it's even better in GT7 but this is going to be the first game I dive in and buy a wheel for.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even as a controller user in GT and other purely racing games, I stick to either the hood or bumper views for the extra sense of speed. If I'm feeling extra spicy and I want that "I'm actually driving this thing" feeling, I go for the cockpit view.

Waaaay down on my list of preferred views is the 3rd person floating-behind-the-car option. I just can't seem to bring myself to use it.

Now if we're talking driving in GTA or others of that ilk, then surprisingly the exact opposite is true. 3rd person all the way and sometimes (usually in the case of a Far Cry game) the cockpit view.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hood for circuit racing, third person for rally.

VikingRk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: Interesting. Rally is the one part of GT I can't use 3rd person. I'm always so close to losing the car and I just don't feel the connection between the car and the track in 3rd person.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I hope I don't regret choosing this over GRID Legends as my first foray into car games since whichever GRID (1 or 2) was released as a Playstation Plus title back on PS3. I was definitely a car boy but never grew into a car man (I don't even own a car!) and put untold hours into Gran Turismo 2 and 3, so I'm hoping the graphics, DualSense feedback and general sense of comprehensive I Wanna Fuck These Cars energy will propel me to a good time. There was a time in my life where I completed the Super Speedway 150 Miles challenge multiple times with multiple vehicles, from a Mitsubishi 3000GT to the fully upgraded Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Edition so there's some long dormant part of me that's really up for this being my podcast/album game du jour this year over MLB The Show (fuck MLB!) ... provided I can resist the addict-level pull of another summer of Diamond Dynasty.

I am worried about this game's soundtrack, though...the IGN video review made it seem quite terrible. Luckily, again, it's 2022 and the option to shut all the in-game music off, crank the sound effects and inject your own sounds into the game via Spotify is quite natural.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll try to avoid spending credits as much as possible. I like seeing how far I can get with just prize cars. I think that's the most I miss from numbered Gran Turismos. A really specific sense of progression. I never quite clicked with Forza's switch to grouping events in seasons.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: This is something I'm hoping to recapture as well. There's a reason I specifically called out the Mitsubishi 3000GT in this thread and it's because I drove that car into the damn ground, even when I had access to much better cars via either prizes or credits. It was such a workhorse for me back then. Though doing a quick google, apparently it wasn't in the US version of Gran Turismo 3 so I'm misremembering using it in that game after driving the hell out of it in Gran Turismo 2...I wonder what my main car was then 'cause there definitely was one...

VikingRk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

so there's some long dormant part of me that's really up for this being my podcast/album game du jour this year over MLB The Show (fuck MLB!) ... provided I can resist the addict-level pull of another summer of Diamond Dynasty.

It's actually going to do the same for me. The Show 21 was the first time I jumped into DD. I enjoyed it a lot as a podcast game, playing it with the sound completely off. After a year though, unless they bring some drastic changes to the mode, I don't see myself wanting to get back on that particular train.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan to try this and Forza 8 when they come to PC. Never cared for the older ones, but I've grown to appreciate sim-cade type games more in the last few years.

Though if any of these pull out some Hot Wheels type dlc like FH3 did, I would be all over that shit. Still an arcade racing guy at heart.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judaspete: I see, for Forza Horizon 5 expansion DLC, I hope it will be either Hot Wheels or Lego with Trackmania vibes.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gtxforza
    Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's hilarious that after completing the tutorial (hot tip!: even the intermediate driver assist automatically brakes for you and it's a weird feeling) the first thing I've done is stumble onto an article about the physics of how and why a car turns. Actual sentence I've just read in a video game: "When you look at the diagram, you can see that the direction of the car's travel is at a lesser angle than then angle at which the tyres are pointed." Yes, tyres! This game is all tyres!

What a welcome back into the arms of Gran Turismo!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I turned those assists off. Corner indicators are my only real guide. The licenses are all done. Bronzing them wasn't too tricky until I got into the super license.

It's been good but I do want to get these cafe menus out of my life sharpish.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nodima

I'll also say that I didn't totally appreciate the herky jerky look of my car's driving at this fidelity on the left stick so I'm trying out using the DualSense as a racing wheel and I gotta say...I kind of love it? Especially with manual transmission turned on it feels like a really active way to race.

Also, I love that Honda Fit is one the three non-preorder starter cars. The last serious relationship I was in, she drove a '14 Fit and so for me personally it's an awesome start to be like, yup, this car looks and feels like this. It's also making me legitimately cackle when I enter things like the Scapes mode (also, hilarious they wouldn't just call this Landscapes) and letting this game treat the Honda goddamn Fit like some kind of centerfold pin-up.

I do get the feeling that car and map licensing (and all the physics and audio work Polyphony puts into replicating them) has gotten so expensive that they really skimped on the soundtrack, though. I'll give it a shot for a while but I could see this becoming a podcast game super quick.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I dunno what Jeff was on about with regard to the haptics in the quick look - I hope his controller isn't busted in some way! Maybe you just have to swap cars fairly often but even just doing the road car café menus, it's very apparent how different it feels behind the wheel of a '66 Beetle vs. a '11 Toyota Aqua, or even that Aqua vs. a '14 Honda Fit. It's also really incredible how different the handling and pedals feels between the scant amount of cars I have access to right now between the gyroscope controls and the triggers.

Pretty happy with this purchase already!

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
    sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

Gran Turismo is kind of the most unfun racing game known to man. It's only good for checking out the interiors of cars and being able to look at them in 360 degrees. And that was the pre-internet (not the existence al gore but before it got good) back in the 90s. Some of the cars I'd consider buying today or have bought were because of seeing them in a videogame. My softened take on a miata being a chick car may have everything to do with the GT series. But yeah, games boring folks get Burnout Paradise instead.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nodima

Man, some of these replays look absolutely ridiculous. I'm also beginning to wonder if the eSports people they've got all over this wrote their own copy, lots of weird little typos and really earnest commentary at times that reminds me of Deadly Premonition or Yakuza. Like this: "Chile is a long and narrow in shape, located on the west coast of South America. And, it's home to the Andes. My preferred type of music is thrash metal, and many of my favorite bands come from the U.S. Incidentally, are you familiar with a technique called "slipstreaming"?" This game is very unintentionally funny. I don't think they wrote their own stuff because those typos are all over the individual car descriptions as well, but it oddly helps offset the dryness of the game. These perfectionists are human after all!

Alas, it is kind of intentionally harsh. I've hit a huge bottleneck on café progression thanks to a squeeze on credits and poor luck with the roulette wheel. I landed a 1969 Camaro Z28 and it sounds incredible but is so squirrely there's even an owner of that car in real life complaining about how broken it feels in this game over on the subreddit. I sunk a ton of credits into parts to try and get it under control but only managed in barely delaying the inevitable, so I had to go buy a 1971 Mustang Mach 1 on a prayer and it's way, way, way more reigned in but it's also way underpowered, so now I've just got to grind in the license center and certain races I like to get the parts I need to be competitive.

Not really a complaint because after all the point of this game is driving the cars and this is just forcing me to start really learning some cars but this muscle car section has been a huge brick wall I didn't see coming.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Seikenfreak

Played all day yesterday. Had to make myself stop around midnight.

It's a pretty traditional GT game and I love it. Still only using the controller because I've had an absolute nightmare of a week trying to get my order here. Fanatec sucks; FedEx sucks; And my sister sucks. Hopefully it's getting delivered on Sunday.

Visuals are great. Music is great. They've definitely changed the physics/handling characteristics (I was expecting mostly the same as GT Sport) and it all seems great so far.

My only complaints are:

As a veteran of GT games, games in general, and an car enthusiast with real cars I don't necessarily need the super structured game progression. Licenses tests are great, I just mean the whole mandatory Cafe to unlock content stuff. GT2 is probably my favorite and I'd be fine with that. Give me some credits, a choice of a dozen or more cheapo starter cars, and then let me figure out what I want to do to progress from there. I played all day yesterday, I think I'm somewhere around menu book 16 at the Cafe and I'm still unlocking tracks and content.

And of course the more standard complaint is.. Need more content. This game has tons of content. It's not enough lol They need more tracks. More cars. They are missing a lot of very obvious car choices. Part of this is that it just takes forever to make a car at this level for the game compared to the olden days. And another part is so many cry babies who barely understand cars or what GT is about whined and complained back in the day about similar cars i.e. "omg 1000 skylines" non-sense or "omg who cares about all these shitty slow cars" that they seem to go out of their way to not add more of these.

Good news is Polyphony really delivered on the DLC front for GT Sport, at least with cars, and they had a pack of like 9 cars coming out every month or two, for free, for a couple years I think. All of those cars have been carried over into GT7 so hopefully they can pick up where they left off.

Excellent racing game.

@nodima Great to hear you're trying the GT series again. On the subject of the Camaro, and really any RWD car, particularly an old one with bad suspension and skinny old tires in this case, don't forget you can adjust to add more or less traction control while racing via the DPad at any time. I didn't have any issues handling it at TCS 1 so don't completely discount the car ;)

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty good at ignoring these kinds of things at this point thanks to all my experience with Diamond Dynasty (and one particularly hellish winter with NBA 2K's MyTeam...) but this game is pretty eager to get you to pay straight cash for credits. In addition to the button that's always two clicks away that Jeff showed in the Quick Look, apparently you'll get "invites" from the game to purchase cars that otherwise aren't available?

I just got invited to buy three new Ferrari models: LaFerrari '13 (1.6million), Enzo Ferrari '02 (2.5million) or an FXX K '14 (3.6million) so of course I figured I'd glance at the store and do the DD dollars to card value conversion...these cars are roughly worth $17, $25 and $30 to Polyphony. I wonder how often I'll be invited to buy them...

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gran Turismo is kind of the most unfun racing game known to man. It's only good for checking out the interiors of cars and being able to look at them in 360 degrees. And that was the pre-internet (not the existence al gore but before it got good) back in the 90s. Some of the cars I'd consider buying today or have bought were because of seeing them in a videogame. My softened take on a Mazda Miata being a chick car may have everything to do with the GT series. But yeah, games boring folks get Burnout Paradise instead.

Well, fair enough, I do understand that everyone's taste in driving games are different so they will choose based on what sub-genre/type they prefer the most.

Yeah, I used to play Burnout Paradise, it's a fun game.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gtxforza

@seikenfreak: @nodima:

I'm going to share my short thoughts on this game so far, to me this game appears to be heavily improved over GT5, GT6 and GT Sport in terms of the driving model and career progression plus the game feels harder to play so I would have to take time to get used and I also guess Forza Motorsport Reboot will be even harder than Forza Motorsport 7.

Edit: For myself, I'm more used to Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing and rFactor 2 in terms of driving model and gameplay.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By wardcleaver

I will probably pick this up in sale at some point.

From reading the some of the reviews and user comments, it appears that that it stills tends to favor grinding. Also, the microtransaction scheme is mind-blowingly out of touch:

Gran Turismo 7 Microtransactions Are Live And They're Not Exactly Wallet-Friendly - PlayStation Universe (psu.com)

As the article states, it could cost up to 40 USD to get a single car.

It does seem that on track action is sublime. Unfortunately, GT7 seems to get in its own way with everything else.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do these games still have the B-Spec option(I think that's what it was called)? Where you would have the option to use an AI driver or has this been gone a while? Haven't played a GT game since GT4.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardcleaver: Nope. I've just had credits roll this afternoon and there are no endurances races to deal with. Each circuit has a custom race option where you can set your own endurance race up (up to 24 hours) but there's no B-spec option.

And I'm not sure you can save mid-race.

@superslidetail: As for grinding, if you want to get the café menu's done (which functions as the campaign), you'll have plenty of money. I ended up with about 70+ cars and the majority of them were given to me. I think I only bought 4 cars with credits and still ended up with 2m left in the bank. I probably spent more on tuning.

The grind effectively comes afterwards if you want to collect all the cars. The legendary cars are quite expensive but you're also waiting for them to come in stock. There's no shortage of ways to earn money though and daily workouts guarantee a roulette spin (urgh) for the chance to win a prize car.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By superslidetail

That stinks but if there are no endurance races I guess its not a big deal. But a GT game with no endurance races...wow.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it surprised me when the Finale trophy popped. I was expecting a climax at Le Mans or something instead of the GT World Championship. Like I say, you can create them in custom races but it's just not the same as having a proper event for it.

At least it's not woefully unfinished like GT Sport was at launch. I've got a good weekend out of this and I'm still coming back for the circuit experiences and missions. Out of the box, there's more than enough.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gtxforza

@superslidetail: Oh dear, well I guess endurance races will be added via updates in the near future, just like how GT Sport did.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig I have GT Sport downloaded to my PS4 but never played it yet lol. Did they ever add single player to it?

@gtxforza Yea that would be fine and don't get me wrong a lot of those classic endurance races weren't the most fun things to do but to not have any seems odd.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gtxforza
    @wardcleaver said:

I will probably pick this up in sale at some point.

From reading the some of the reviews and user comments, it appears that that it stills tends to favor grinding. Also, the microtransaction scheme is mind-blowingly out of touch:

Gran Turismo 7 Microtransactions Are Live And They're Not Exactly Wallet-Friendly - PlayStation Universe (psu.com)

As the article states, it could cost up to 40 USD to get a single car.

It does seem that on track action is sublime. Unfortunately, GT7 seems to get in its own way with everything else.

Good idea!

I dislike microtransactions.

In my opinion, GT7 feels like a rewrite of GT Sport, by judging that most playable cars and racing circuit in it's roster are recycled from that while it's driving model feels more complex as it reminds me of the original Assetto Corsa PC version.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superslidetail: Yep. They added single-player events, circuit experiences and some other stuff. I tuned out a while ago but played it exclusively single-player. A lot of that translated over the GT7.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardcleaver: Honestly, $40 is pretty cheap for a collectible digital good these days, for better or worse. My best comparison is Diamond Dynasty in MLB The Shoe. It’s most rare card for most of the year, Mike Trout, tends to stabilize in the market for about 500,000 credits. Every 1,000 stubs is worth roughly $1, meaning the community (the card is technically worth 5,000 credits, or $5, but those who pull the cards set the market value) set its value at roughly $500

One wonders what a car aficionado marketplace would look like given the money floating in those circles compared to the average baseball fan…

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I put a few hours into this over the weekend, despite at first thinking that I'll skip the game for now to focus on other stuff. This is my first Gran Turismo since GT5 and it's really nice to settle back into that GT groove that nothing else quite matches. Even though the driving feel, graphics (obviously) and menu design have advanced since the last time I played I am still a bit shocked at how the series lags behind other racing games.

It's weird that there is still no real damage modeling on the cars and collisions as a whole don't have any weight to them. It also seems like tire walls are made of pure iron and don't absorb impacts at all.

Speaking of collisions, the AI seems pretty bad and I've had cars casually steer into me on straights when they're just aiming at the default driving line. It's somewhat difficult to fully assess the quality of the AI because I almost never see cars racing each other. Rolling starts means that the whole race just involves me catching up to and passing individual cars one by one. I've not had a single three-way battle for a position or had anything else all that interesting occur during a race. Rolling starts are real bad solution for a 2-3 lap race in any case, because the leading car may have completed a fifth of the total race distance by the time I cross the starting line.

And then there's all the janked-up menu stuff. It's really hard to sort for new cars to buy. If for example I need a Japanese 4x4 car with a PP of 500 for my next race, I have to go through each individual car manufacturer page to look for those cars instead of being able to easily sort a whole list of them. There's also no way to sell duplicate cars, which now just unnecessarily fill up my garage. The car raffle roulette thing seems to be pulled straight from Forza but here the animation just takes too long, the rewards aren't all that good and I have to go two menus deep to even access it.

Overall there's too much jumping in and out of menus. For example after starting a new menu at the Cafe, I have to get out of the Cafe menu, navigate back to the races, find the next race in that menu, open the details for the race to see the spec of car I need, then get out of the menu for the races, go to my garage to see if I have such a car, get out of the garage to the used cars to scroll through those, then go to the Brand Central to start hunting for a car one manufacturer at a time, then buy the car, then go to a different menu to tune it up... While these menus are mostly nicely designed it just takes too damn long to jump between all of them when they could have just put all that under a couple of menu options.

This post turned into a massively long list of grievances and I don't want it to seem like I'm not enjoying the game. I am having fun and when I'm in a race having a good streak with a good car it can all be very engaging. I guess I'm just hoping that Gran Turismo would be more brave in embracing some more modern design decisions and take a further leap forward.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: I do agree that the huge focus on rolling starts is a bit odd, especially since they do have a grid start mode when you make a custom race and that's how all the GT Sport races start. It's hard to know how ready you are for proper racing when you pretty much never encounter it.

That being said, I think I get why they've done it. These cars can feel wildly different after upgrades and tuning, while different tracks favor different types of cars. Because the root inspiration of this game is basically car porn, they want to encourage players to maximize their builds with the cars they're racing and a rolling start encourages that much more emphatically than a grid start because your goal is essentially to race a better overall time than the lead car and really master your car and the track. Actual races introduce more variables that can break your way like pileups and whatnot and get in the way of that sweet, sweet car lust.

Also, as someone who usually likes to know what I'm getting into when I do something in a game, I sort of like that you can look at a race and basically use the lap count as a primer for how long Polyphony expects it to take most drivers to reach the front of the pack. 2 lap race? Probably gonna get up there pretty quick and have to hold it with precise driving. 5 lap race? Probably gonna be fighting all race long to get up there and I need to find every edge I can get in the garage and on turns.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been keeping a close eye on the Forza Monthly update videos and articles and it sounds like they are on the right track. The feature of having 8 points of grip calculations sounds like it could be a boon for force feedback wheel users. I hope we'll see more announcements in a few months.

GT7 looks like a very polished experience but I can't get over the stuffy cafe culture vibe that it's going for and the menu jumping seems to make the experience even drier. A voiceover for the commentators would have gone a long way to improving that side of it. I was also hoping to see more of the silly quirky features of the older games like Jeff mentioned about the car wash etc. I think that would have also helped. All that aside I do hope they make the effort to bring it to PC.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gtxforza

@isomeri: Yeah the AI's driving skills & behaviour wise are pretty similar to the traditional arcade racers like Daytona USA, & Ridge Racer.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gtxforza

@selbie: I agree that GT7 should come to PC in the near future and by 2024, I will be playing Assetto Corsa 2 on PC.

Not to mention that nearly a year ago, Kazunori Yamauchi, the producer of the Gran Turismo series said that he decided to create a new IP after the release of GT7.

https://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-intends-continue-gran-turismo-20210415/

Edit: If one of the Gran Turismo games has a proper native PC version, I exactly want the driving model to be in the same class as iRacing, rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa Competizione plus qualifying mode is needed for both single-player career and multiplayer.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

@wardcleaver: Honestly, $40 is pretty cheap for a collectible digital good these days, for better or worse. My best comparison is Diamond Dynasty in MLB The Shoe. It’s most rare card for most of the year, Mike Trout, tends to stabilize in the market for about 500,000 credits. Every 1,000 stubs is worth roughly $1, meaning the community (the card is technically worth 5,000 credits, or $5, but those who pull the cards set the market value) set its value at roughly $500

One wonders what a car aficionado marketplace would look like given the money floating in those circles compared to the average baseball fan…

$40 is about what you would be for a whole season of car packs in Forza. Maybe Forza 8 (or whatever they are calling it) will do something similar to GT7, but for now, this seems like a lot of money. Also, Forza isn't typically putting all of the iconic cars in those packs, just newer cars.

Anyway, Shindig seemed to indicate that you do not really need to engage with that, as credits roll in fairly easily. I still think I will wait until GT7 goes on sale.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gtxforza

@wardcleaver:

In my opinion, microtransactions are also pretty much-making GT7 more like a pay-to-win game.

Similar to most of free to play mobile phone games like Real Racing 3 for example, it has so many pay-to-win elements as Firemonkey Studio (The developer) and EA (The publisher) wants the players to throw more money in order to obtain rarer and higher-performance virtual cars in order to progress through the game's career mode.

Back to the topic of GT7, I guess that Sony Interactive Entertainment manipulated Polyphony Digital to add microtransactions along with their other subsidiaries as well.

Here is an old article from Push Square about Sony Interactive Entertainment making more money from DLCs and microtransactions.

PlayStation Makes More Money from DLC, Microtransactions Than Anything Else - Push Square

Edit: If Jim Ryan is truly the mastermind of adding overpriced microtransactions to the PlayStation's 1st parties, then he shall get blamed for that.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardcleaver: fair enough, though for why it’s worth GT7 openly promises free new tracks, cars and more throughout the year in a specific page on the menus. Apparently this was how it worked in Sport as well, with the caveat you do need enough in-game credits to acquire the car so MTX can come into play there.

But I’d agree with anyone who says the credits really aren’t a big issue as long as you enjoy playing the game, it can be hard to save up for a big purchase during the menu books because you’re constantly tuning cars up to meet the specs of the competition but if you just take a break and do your daily Sport races and a few Cup tournaments with a favorite car you can get up there pretty quickly.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

...I mean, sure. But, when is Gear.Club Unlimited 3 going to be a thing for the Switch?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: Yep, although prize cars being unlocked with 3rd place sounds like they know the handicap is a bit much. It does get me to engage with tuning more, even if it is mostly putting soft tyres on to make the time up through corners.

They used to let you qualify for races. I'd take that over the chase.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: I have been hoping to see Gear.Club Unlimited 3 for ages and I'm expecting it will be heavily improved over the first two installments in terms of Joy-Con/controller pad optimizations, car handling and various features.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Where's @gtxforza when you need them? Can I get one of your comprehensive rundowns of whatever the hell is going down with the GT fanbase and recent changes to how the game is monetized? The game is currently trending on twitter with most people saying stuff like this:

So... what's up?

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: I think it's all a bit complicated and as a player of the game think the microtransactions have only been emphasized because of two bigger issues: the game being offline and therefore unplayable for almost a full 24 hours while these two patches were applied as well as the lack of means to earn credits outside of doing races, ie. selling cars you don't currently want in your garage which apparently was a feature in recent previous GT games.

For me, this game never presented as something you were expected to be able to be "done" with in a month or two, all of the language around this game implies Polyphony expects to support it for quite a long time and for players to have a leisurely time tuning and tweaking their car collection over a similarly lengthy period. So players who are constantly talking about "the grind" and racing the same races with the highest payouts over and over and over and over to increase their collector level and pursue the limited time only invites to buy premium cars before they expire are being exceptionally loud about how predatory this all feels...but they're also doing it to themselves by engaging with this game in a way they don't enjoy and one could easily be ambivalent about whether the developers intend it to be played that way.

Again, it doesn't present good at all when you take it all in the abstract, but this is a game in which adding a new set of brakes and increasing the downforce on your rear can severely alter the feel of a single car, let alone 400 of them, and after 20+ hours with it I feel it's pretty apparent that Polyphony wants people to take things slow. The daily reward comes after just 26 miles, or about 3 races, after all. There's really no direct incentive to play this game longer than 30 or 40 minutes a day other than enjoying how the cars feel and the tracks race, yet a very, very loud and fanatic base of players are angry that they're spending 5 hours after work racing a frustrating dirt track over and over because it rewards the most credits per minute.

TL;DR the fact that the game was completely unplayable for an entire day because of the link between its virtual currency and its virtual storefronts is far more troubling than whatever the credit payouts are because, to me anyway, it's clear Polyphony approached this game as a love letter to the cars and tracks included in the game and never imagined people would be in a hurry to fill their garage and move on to the next game.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By gtxforza

@zombiepie: Ok, let me explain.

So what I've heard about this game, is it has received backlashes for requiring an internet connection (Making it feel like an MMO game), to require to play both single-player & multiplayer as the producer thinks that's the best way to prevent players from hacking there save file but to me, it's a very bad idea.

For the final championship in the single-player career mode, I don't get why all the contestants would use Gr.3 class cars instead of Le Mans Prototypes/Gr.1 Class, unlike in Gran Turismo 4's final championship in the professional events list, they use prototypes.

I also guess this game tried to be like iRacing, just like its predecessor: GT Sport.

Unlike the previous installments of the Gran Turismo, it doesn't need an internet connection to play at all, making it more suited for single-player mode.

For iRacing, as I know, this game is a subscription-based MMO Sim Racer, which features the most advanced online gameplay by having much fewer rammers compared to Simcades including Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport, and street racers such as Forza Horizon, Driveclub, The Crew & Need For Speed. Unfortunately, players must pay for newer content when they get promoted to new classes in their respective racing disciplines.

Edit: All we can do is let the developer fix it via future updates.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.